Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
R
R
Happy Bday GB!

Another similarity between us. My birthday was today (we celebrated with a chocolate peanut butter ice cream cake).

Have a great day!

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
G
G
See gb, focus on the good stuff.

Kick ar$$e shoe collection is Great to have. I can't explain how nice shoes nice makeup and dress well can make yo feel so much like a different human.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
C
C
Happy Birthday GB ... I was going to send shoes but it appears you have enough so I donated them

Amazing what a year in reflection looks like, I too just passed the 1 yr BD anny .... I am a far cry away from that cat ... but still not where I want to be ... then again ... can we ever stop working on ourselves after such trama? I wonder .... maybe when I am like 70 and on my 6th wife ... yanno .. I plan on collecting them like shoes ...lol

M: 48
W: 47
M16 T26-S8
BD Sept13

B
B
Happy Birthday GB! You are special, especially with this shoe collection smile .

CaliGuy, I doubt it would get easier for you even on your 6th wife, LOL. Every time it is new trauma. You would think you would have a pretty thick skin after going through this once, or twice, or whatever. But it is not the case. Not for me, at least. And it appears to be the same for a lot of posters here who are in their second marriages.

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Raliced (happy belated b-day! Your cake sounds divine), GG, and Cali Guy. Can you play some Depeche Mode for me Cali Guy? I just can't get enough. Everything counts in large amounts. I digress:-)

A friend texted me last night that a former coworker committed suicide. Unfortunately, I've known far too many people who felt that was a solution to their pain. It always reminds me that I never really know what someone is going through and it's always best to be kind and gracious. One really never knows what tomorrow holds.

On a lighter note, I'm grateful to be here. I'll take kids out for Mexican tonight and then enjoy my cake and frozen yogurt.

I hope I don't hex myself (I'm very superstitious) although the last couple of weeks I feel more like....myself? Not so anxious. Not so crazy. Well, I will always be crazy and I hope it's in the good way. I have done some uncharacteristic things on occasion in the last few months (made an a$$ of myself. That's not so unusual but it was the manner I did it) and I'm just letting it go as I move through things. I do want to do the right thing and I'm still finding my way.

For a laugh, I should tell you that I've always joked with the people I dated that I was born on the. 10 th because I'm a perfect 10. That is and has always been a joke-I swear.

High kicks to everyone:-)

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 12/10/14 03:59 PM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
W
W
Hey Happy Birthday, GB baby!!!! cool I'm bringing my special blend of amaretto to the festivities. And maybe we all can play strip poker! grin blush I think some not-so tough guys here would fold pretty quickly and us girls will outlast 'em.

job Offline
Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a great day!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Yes Happy Belated Bday! It sounds like this is the start of a year full of limitless possibilities. smile

M:25 years at BD w/ 2 daughters
BD: 5/14
Separated 6/14 - H moved cross country w/OW
D Final 9/17

“I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.”
― Maya Angelou

G
G
Pushes wonka outta the way, I've got pretty good boobies!
Flashes a slinky bra and several blokes faint wink grin

Sorry guys but the girls win at strip poker.

Hey gb, it's ok we are all human. Trust me. I say some craze stuff, but who cares.

M 46 h54
Both married before
T 11y
Bd 2/14 I must see where ow leads!
Ms 18 hs 26
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks Wonka, Job, Gwen and GG. I took kids out to celebrate tonight at a quasi schmancy (for us) restaurant and no one pooped, cried, peed or threw up at the table. This is a victory, yes???

I have noticed something. Even though I feel more even keel, about a week before the curse arrives I start to spin. Anxiety. I can't pinpoint specifically to what. I'm going to throw something else out. I also have this insatiable, overwhelming desire to be dominated at this same time. All while spinning and anxious. I've spoken to a therapist and we both think it may have something to do with the fact that well, I always had to "do" everything. I worked. I cleaned the house. I was primary caretaker. I paid bills. I don't think it really has much of a sexual connotation (or perhaps it does due to being in a SSM?) and that is the only thing I don't want to control??? Or maybe I just want to release stress that way and I think that's the way I want to? Or somehow I view that as relaxing? It's very strange and I'm trying to work through this. By myself cause it is just me.

I don't know. It's strange how " i " have a certain cycle with feelings. Hanging out with my best friend from childhood his weekend. I'm excited to see her.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard