Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
R
R
Whatisis, you are right. You come to God as you are, but at some point you surrender and let him steer.

I have an old school GPS (All my friends use their cell phone). I put in an Address and at every turn it tells me what I should do. Of course, I don't have to listen. It says to turn right, but if I want, I can go straight.

The problem is, when we reject direction from God, we end up getting lost. "Letting go" is not just a buzzword. It is acceptance that you are lost. Acceptance that reliance on your own decision making leads to regret. I am starting to let go, and it truly is the path to peace.

Everyone is a work in progress (A "fixer upper" if you have you ng girls addicted to frozen). But, getting fixed requires surrender.

M43, W37
D5, D11, D13
DB 12/11/2012
W
OP Offline
W
Very true! That's how we start that walk with God...but at some point we have to be willing to let him lead.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
M
M
I'm more than willing to let him lead, my biggest problem is that I don't see where He's leading and end up feeling like I'm in worse limbo than ever.

Ok, I know I said I didn't want to hijack but I'm enjoying this conversation with other strugglers! smile

Do you ever feel like you were trying to listen to God's direction but you somehow missed it? What if you missed the 'key' direction and now the rest of your life is off it's path with no make-up plan because of a misstep? Yes, that sounds fatalistic even to my own ears but it's just this strange feeling I get. It's like at some point years ago I made a major decision that was not God's plan for me and now there is no fixing it.

Your thoughts? Do you have this feeling or is it just me???? LOL

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

W
OP Offline
W
If God wants you to do something He'll come back! He doesn't just give one chance and that's that. Look at the "heroes" from the bible...how many time did they mess up but they still served God. Noah was a drunk, Moses was a murderer, Joseph was a snot nosed little brat, David...well, let's not even go there, and Abraham "she's not my wife, she's my sister!" Peter denied the Lord three times after declaring he would never betray Jesus and Catholics consider him have been Jesus main man "the Rock"! There's always a second chance...don't give up. Give it time and prayer. I'd also say GO TO CHURCH...seriously! Often people will say they can be Christians without going to church but just believing without fellowship is a hollow and oft times lonely faith. We need each other. Christianity is all about relationship. Jesus didn't come to earth and do his thing alone, the first thing he did was gather disciples. Could he preach and heal without them? Absolutely. Yet, he chose relationship over individuality. Why? Church fellowship is far from perfect...we're all broken in some way or another. Is your brokeness (sp?) any worse than anyone else's there? I doubt it. There are no perfect people in the church (as you well know)...just people trying. Think about it. Sermon over lol.

W
OP Offline
W
If you have time read this article/sermon, "Jesus is for Losers" by Shane Claiborne

http://www.baylor.edu/content/services/document.php/57702.pdf

M
M
Thank you Wii!! Love the article and what you had to say.

And sermon away brother!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

Mish,

He came for the sinners, ya know! And as far as I can tell, I have yet to meet someone that wasn't one. wink

Quote:
I'm more than willing to let him lead, my biggest problem is that I don't see where He's leading and end up feeling like I'm in worse limbo than ever.

In the Catholic faith, this is considered sin. I used to think it was completely stupid, but much later down the road, I understand why they label it so. It goes against everything divine. It's the opposite of faith. The saying "Let go and let God" is all about this!

When my XH walked out, my faith was tested. But I had to face the reality that my path svcked and I no longer could see what was in store for me. I had to trust that He knew. It didn't take a rocket science class to figure out that He loves me in all my sin, but why not trust Him for a change?

Our pastor calls the bible "Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth". (That always makes me chuckle.) The answers are there. Matthew, 14:22-33 is one of my favorite passages about being afraid of where He is leading. In fact, I love Matthew best. His books kick my a$$! And guess what? He was definitely a sinner.

Quote:
Do you ever feel like you were trying to listen to God's direction but you somehow missed it?

Well, like Wii said, He'll come back. The next lesson may not be as easy because it works that way. But if you pray, meditate or visualize and then follow, it has never not worked for me. Never.

Quote:
It's like at some point years ago I made a major decision that was not God's plan for me and now there is no fixing it.

BS. I made one too. It *was* life altering. But it is a lesson I took with me from that day forward and I was able to see the gift in all my imperfection. Like you love Marc, he doesn't have to be perfect for you to continue to love him, right? You'll always want him to come out on top. If he asks for your help, you will gladly sacrifice to give. That's the way our Lord is with us. But we have to ask first.

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
W
OP Offline
W
Tonight at Bible Study the topic of intentional versus unintentional sin came up. My friend Agnes said, "everyone says stupid and inappropriate things sometimes" and I said "I don't" ...and everyone burst out laughing, even the Pastor. Hmmm. I don't get it wink I also asked if I could attend the business meeting on Sunday...which I can. Agnes said "Pastor, we need to get this guy dipped" and I said "Agnes, I'm not a cone from Dairy Queen that you can just turn upside down and dip!" Pastor said "that's a good comparison, Whatis!" So that's my night.

W
OP Offline
W
New lady on Match. I messaged her yesterday and she apparently responded very late in the evening, "Hi Whatis. Thanks for your email. I do like your profile and see a few things that we have in common. It's getting too late now and I can't write for long but would like to drop you a few lines. Chat later... Good night". I appreciated that. She's the only one I've messaged since my last date. I just haven't felt like it. She seemed like someone I'd like to get to know so I took a shot. As always, we shall see.

W
OP Offline
W
Enjoyed driving to work today in the snowstorm. I had my choir CD in and was belting out the tunes while driving 20km and hour. Tonight after work I got home and grabbed my p & s and hit the streets for some nice snowfall shots of the neighbourhood. It's funny, I notice that when I'm roaming with my camera I'm whistling or singing and don't even know I'm doing it! Photography makes any kind of weather an opportunity...which is pretty neat smile

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard