Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
W
OP Offline
W
Instead would you be interested in my copy of 1837: Birth Of Canadian Democracy (published in 1937) by Stanley Ryerson and signed by the leadership of the Communist Party of Canada? Bidding will be red hot!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
Profile gems of the day:

Things she likes to do "walking love pet" She must get some great messages with that one!

"I know all men cheat but I'm looking for my match anyway" Wow, my heart is thumping now lol!

M
M
WOW. There are some seriously screwed up people out there!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

S
S
I want an "Erase Hate" bracelet too! I am SO over self righteous people trying to bombard Facebook with their Anti-Gay, Anti-Jew, Anti-Atheist etc etc etc. My very devout Christian relative does this daily yet can't see she is breaking one of the 10 Commandments. She also can't see the strong likelihood that her own son is GAY! I doubt he will ever come out. He would be afraid to in that intolerant household.

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Barb, I figure what people do is between them and God, it's not my place to decide but Jesus has told me it is my place to love! Watch the Seventh Gay Adventist DVD ( you can watch it online for a few bucks) it will touch your heart.

S
S
I know. I'm just frustrated by well meaning people who are constantly on a crusade which just doesn't seem so lovely to me. Just my take on it. And I agree. It's between them & God.

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
The first tenet of the Adventist faith is "God is love" so I say we should follow it.

W
OP Offline
W
I went to visit my Mom tonight. I haven't seen her for a while. I mentioned my dilemma about buying a new car and my Mom told me that she'd be willing to lend me the money and I could pay her back at 1.5% interest ( and no, I didn't bring it up with any expectation of her helping me). Wow, that would be a real help. So I shall consider it.

K
K
As I have grown older, I realize the real meaning of family. When you are growing up, you so oblivious to most of it. You don't see how what you do means anything to anyone else.

As a parent you gain that appreciation of your parents. No wonder they were always tired! I also can appreciate how much they did for me on a day to day basis.

Being at the point when my parents, while really not "old" , are beginning to have health issues. Then my kids are starting to leave. I still am raising them,worrying about my parents and now about to welcome the next generation. I don't stop worrying or trying to help my kids ( though the are just a smidge younger than you). It is just a big circle of love, help, concern. It never ends.

Let your Mom help you. It is part of the circle.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
OP Offline
W
It's the sandwich generation. We have kids to raise and parents to care for at the same time. I remember four years ago when Dad was hospitalized for cancer, it was December 21. He was there for almost three months and I drove across the city every night to visit him until he went. I'd come home from work, eat, lie down for 15 minutes and drive to the hospital. I missed about twice and that's it...every single night I was there. I know if I'm in need my parents or parent now will be there. But, I never thought of myself in need re this car issue. It was just a sudden jolt of what do I need to do now that hit me. I never thought Mom would offer to lend me the money...and I'm her Executor and know she's got it! When Dad passed I went to the bank with her to help sort out her finances and she said to me "I don't know where all this money came from!" and now she frets about how to spend it lol. My Mom has always been about standing on your own two feet...so it never occurred to me to even ask. Her and Dad have never had debt, except for their mortgage. When they bought a car it was with cash! they saved, they scrimped and as a kid I felt like the poorest kid on the block...when I got a bike, it was from the Crippled Civilians store (it's Goodwill now). Anyway, enough babbling...it was a loving gesture on her part and takes some of the angst away for me. I sometimes forget I don't have to do it alone.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard