Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#2510675 11/25/14 01:07 AM
W
OP Offline
W
New thread, nothing to say...stay tuned 'cuz you know that won't last long!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
K
K
Man you are just burning through the threads lately! lol How sad is it that I am forgetting to capitalize because I am not on my pad. I am having issues with my charger or perhaps it is just that I am on it all the time and it is almost 4 years old. smile

I think I would like a hot chocolate since I am first on your thread and it is chilly out. Thanks.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
S
S
Oh Sweet! There's hot chocolate in here? Can I have some Baileys in mine?

Me:46 Her:38
My D: 11
Her S: 8

W
OP Offline
W
Sorry, this is a Seventh Day Adventist thread...we don't drink!

W
OP Offline
W
Hey, here's the profile gem of the day... her interests include "roller balding". Is this something new women do with their hair?

K
K
Sure we keep putting tons of rollers in our hair until our hair just starts falling out in clumps, thus the balding!

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
W
OP Offline
W
Profile gem of the day...so far, "I love food but don't like to cook. What do I make for dinner? Reservations!"

W
OP Offline
W
Busy day today. Came home last night and realized one of my car tires was half deflated...perfect! This morning I got up early to drive if possible to a nearby Goodyear service centre. I got there at 6:45 am and they open at 7:30 pm. Luckily it was a rim leak which they fixed for $35 but also told me the control arm on my front tire was really loose...and a few other interesting tidbits. I told them I'd take it to my mechanic, who is right beside my work place. My mechanic fixed the control arm...there's another $277 but he said the rest of Goodyear's list was BS. So it's been a $300 day. I've had this car for 10 years and I've got $800 worth of repairs to do, as I failed the emissions test two years ago, and to renew my plate stickers I have to have it done by March. So I'm tired of throwing money into this car but to buy new or even used is going to throw a huge crimp into my budget. I got over 100 grand when we separated (I'm one lucky guy!!! I know) and I kept spending on the things the kids needed like gymnastics and saving money for university. I've never denied any need my children have had...but now I'm in a position where the cash flow is dwindling and if another car is needed I've got to cut back big time. I've never had to do that and it scares me. I'm now heading towards the divorced Dad territory that other Dad's have always been in. On the plus side, my daughter retired from gymnastics this year ($175 per month saved) and the RESP contributions will cease when she's 18 in May (another $150 saved...I was contributing $350 per month when both were eligible) but I'm gonna have to pinch every penny to get by with another car after seven years of trying to be the best Dad I could be monetarily. So I'm busy putting together budgets and ideas of what to cut. I've also thought maybe I could keep this car and take the bus back and forth to work and save some wear and tear and then only use it for weekends and other chores. We shall see. Not liking the poor house idea though.

K
K
You know you should check out the sites that will allow you to sell your pictures. You don't make alot for each copy but add them up and I bet you could make a decent amount. You would be doing something that you love and are good at. It seems like a win/win to me. smile

I will try to get you some site names tonight if you are game.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
R
R
Wii I had to get part time work to make it. It really helped. I only work 2 hrs on weekends counseling kids and that little bit extra really goes along way. And yes I cut where ever I could. Got rid of my landline appealed my property taxes changed car insurances. Sadly I dont buy Xmas presents like I used. You will figure it out

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis