Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
M
Matt165 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I so agree LT, thanks!
She only lives 2 miles from the school so that in my mind wasn't being "driven around". That's why I told her she can go on a "date" only if she meets him there. I would take her and pick her up. I know that this is going to be something that isn't going to just go away. W and I are going to need to be on the same page on this going into the future.

I like your states rules. Here in TX you are allowed one person under 21 to drive with you (not a relative) the first year. Too bad, would have been easier if I could just tell D14 it was against the law!

M
Matt165 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
OK, good news on the job front!
I got an email from the owner of the co. where I had the follow up interview. Tomorrow I will have a call with him and I think he is going to offer me the job. I need to find out exactly how much the base is, how much I can expect to earn with commission and bonuses. I also will need to find out when he wants me to start and he said that I need to take an internet course and pass it before I can start (need a license for what I will be doing). I also need to see if I can't get the sales I set up done and the money in before I quit. At this time I am almost totally broke, my electric and internet is late and could be shut off at any moment and I have TG coming with my D19 (and maybe D14 as I still don't know what my W is planning!). Money is important as i have to have something for gas to get to my new job! God, I am stressed but getting close to starting to have a steady income. I just need to make it a little longer until I get a steady income!

Send me those good vibes that I get the sales done and the job offer comes through and is enough to get by until the commissions kick in! Thanks!

W
W
Matt,

You got this! Money is flowing your way and don't forget to thank God/Universe for the blessings.

You can google salaries based on job and location. Also ask if there's a sign-up bonus and if there's one, negotiate for it to be paid up in say 15-30 days. Be sure to look at perks too for they are negotiable as well.

Sometimes you can get commission on the sales you did prior to leaving. Negotiate with your old company and request that you get paid commission on each and every sale you've done up to this point. This way, you'll still get monies from the old company while you receive money with the new one.

G
G
^^^^^^^^

What Wonka says. Fingers crossed for you, Matt!

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
M
Matt165 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well, it's official. I have been offered the job.
That's the good news, the bad news is that the base is lower than I had expected and as of yet the owner can't offer medical although he hopes to by the end of the year. He did say that with my sales skills and from what he see's in me I can expect to make $50K to $60K in the next 12 months. His avg. for new people with little experience is $40K to $45K. Also, since I have a Series 7 license already I can sell certain things that others there can't. I do feel that I can do very well at this from what I have seen and heard from the people who are there already. Another plus is that he is OK with the fact that when I have D14 I will be unable to come in until later than usual.

The medical I think won't be that bad as D14 will stay on W's medical and it will be just me and affordable. As of now any steady amount of money is better than what I've been making! I had to go back to my parents again for money help and they came through for me. I feel horrible asking but I'm hoping that one of the sales comes through in the next week and I will pay it right back. I need to take the course before I can start and that will probably take 2 weeks.In that time I hope to make at least one sale (I'm close with several clients). The money I got from parents will get me caught up on bills and allow me to at least relax a little and do what I need to.

On the W front, I spoke with her today as she called. I had taken D14 to the movies near where W lives for a "date" with a boy from her school. I wouldn't allow her to go with him driving so I waited for her to get done to drive her home. As I was waiting after the movie ended, W called to tell me she would pick D14 up if I wanted. I thanked her for the offer but told her I was already there so.... While on the phone I asked about D14 going with me to D19's for TG. She said that she was supposed to get her for TG but as long as she got X-Mass, she didn't mind. I took a page from AJM here and asked if it was important that D14 be there because her father was coming, I didn't mind as I was going to D19's because she has to work and had no way of coming to my or her house and would be alone if I didn't go to her. Of all the reactions I expected, what I got was what seemed like anger from W. She said that it was fine that I take D14 as she can see her father Friday or Saturday. She seemed annoyed that I was trying to be nice. Go figure. She asked about the job and I told her I had been offered the job, not sure what I was going to do or when but would probably take it. She also asked me to find the humidifier from the house as she really needs it at her place. She also said she wants to come over and divide the X-Mass ornaments and decide which ones the girls want to keep and which ones I will and she will. No second thoughts from her at all about moving ahead with the D, that's for sure. Of course, I didn't expect her to have any so no surprise there. Why she thinks that she can just have things from the house that she "needs" that I also may need is still a mystery but that has been her MO and I don't expect it to change. I have no idea what she is thinking or if she is 'happy" with her life without me. I don't ask her what she is doing and she doesn't talk to me about it. For now, I really think she is fixated on her fathers illness and her work and doesn't think of much else. Heck, I could be wrong but at this point it makes zero difference.

Thanks Wonka and Georgia. I don't know what I'd do without my friends here!

L
L
Matt that's awesome about the job offer!!!

You are doing amazing.

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
job Offline
Congratulations on the job offer! When will you start?

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
W
W
Hey Matt,

Congrats! Knew you could do it. Wonderful news. Things are on the up and up for you!

M
Matt165 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks ladies!
I have to finish the course before I can start and that will probably take 2 weeks or so. I got a message today (got it too late to return the call dang it!) from one of the people that I'll be working with asking if I could meet Friday after TG to go over some things. Thing is I will be out of town at D19's and she needs me to take her to work so I won't be able to meet. I'm sure he will understand as many people travel on TG. I just wish I had gotten the message earlier and returned the call right away. Don't want to look like I'm not reliable.

I have D14 with me and she is VERY excited about seeing her sister. I think this is going to be a fun trip. I'm hoping I get the money in my account in time to buy a turkey and trimmings on the way to D19's tomorrow. They told my parents at the bank it would be in tomorrow but it's not there yet. We will see. I'm already feeling a lot less stressed what with having money to pay the bills and buy food AND this new job coming up. Now I have to call my lawyer as I got a message that he wants to talk to me about the D and what we need to do moving forward. last time we talked he said she wanted to go to mediation but he wanted to meet and hash out a final agreement. I hope that hasn't changed. I think he is upset because I just can't tell him when I will have the time to meet. I made the choice that finding a job and making some money came first, the D can wait until my life is stable. I don't want to spend money on mediation after my W was the one who forced me to get a lawyer in the first place after we had agreed to do it through mediation. Heck, if my W wants to get this over with all she has to do is agree to allowing me to keep the house (which according to my lawyer I'm entitled to as I brought so much much more $ into the M and my W only brought thousands in debt that we all but paid off over the years, debt she had BEFORE we got M). To me, if W thought she could win, she wouldn't ask for mediation and her lawyer wouldn't want it if he thought he had a case that would win in court. Oh, and I picked up the letter from the IRS and that is going to cause me to hire someone to help me or owe $20,000+! I haven't even done a thing about that as I couldn't pay a penny even if they came after me.

Oh, well. Just another day in stress land. Some days I still can't believe this is my life now. I worked so hard to keep us financially stable over the years while my W stressed but was too "upset" to help with the bills. I remember the year she quit her first job after we had our first D. D was 3 and we had been putting her in daycare so we both could work and W hated her job and having to leave our D every day. I got a promotion and had just started making really good money, enough that we could afford for her to quit. I asked her to work one more year so we could save and have a nest egg. She started to cry and said that she just couldn't leave her D in day care one more day. We had just found out she was pregnant with D #2 so was probably hormonal. I gave in right away and for the next 15 years I was the only one making money. If she had worked that extra year, we would have been so much better off as with just me working, we never were able to save. When I started to make even better money we decided to put the kids in private school. W was supposed to go back to work when both girls were in school during the day but when that happened, she was too depressed to work. Yet, now my W wants to say I never was "good with money" (part of her spew). Blames me for not having a better house, nicer things, more retirement funds. I spent half of the years we paid off this house with her so depressed I couldn't even count on her to pick up the girls from school, let alone make dinner for us. Now she is saying she was home taking care of the kids all those years. Well, maybe at first but for a big part of that time, she wasn't taking care of anything. Yet I'm the bad guy. The more that this goes on, the more I see how our M wasn't working. Through it all I remained supportive and did what I could to try and lift my W up. When it finally looked like she was getting better, she was working and not just sleeping all day. I was so happy. I thought that I would get my W back. What I got was her totally leaving her m and wanting a D. Her blaming me for every bad thing that ever happened, for "allowing" her to become depressed. At least now I can see that she is having a MLC. Until I found this site I was so confused as to what happened. Did I do something to cause this change in her? Now I find myself having to fight her for the things I worked so hard for US to have over the years. To have to figure out who gets our D's on what holidays.

What a long strange trip this has been!

W
W
Matt,

I would call back the client and say that you would have loved to meet with him/her Friday, but suggest another date after Thanksgiving. It shows that you are paying attention to them.

Same for your lawyer. Lay it out to him that you have other priorities and that mediation would have to wait until you begin your new job. I don't think two weeks will hurt after you've finished the course.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard