Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
C
C
Originally Posted By: Ss06
I wanted desperately to talk about all this with H but it could be seen as temperature taking because it's more about "what will happen in the future" and I vowed not to do that anymore.

It's interesting how I want to lean heavily on him instead of empowering myself to make a decision in my own best interest. Fascinating. Wonder why that is.

Anyway, hopefully I'm in the early stages of another up swing. I know I have no more tears left so up is the only way right now.
Awesome that you identified discussing this with WAH as "temp checking", among other things. That, by itself, is huge progress! You are killing it. Down swings like you had earlier this week are totally natural, so don't think it was a sign that you backslid or are doing something wrong.

Also, facing this on your own is a huge 180. Great idea not to automatically rely on him. Not to mention it would violate one of Sandi's rules (don't make your convos with WAS about yourself).

Checkout fiverr.com. It's an interesting site. People sell their talents for $5. There are some people on there that will review resumes or cover letters for $5. Might be good to get some fresh perspective since you've been at it for a while now.

Me 38, WAW 30
D11 (former marriage)
S2
T 8 years
M 3 years
BD 8/20/23
S 8/20/23
S
Ss06 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Card29
Checkout fiverr.com. It's an interesting site. People sell their talents for $5. There are some people on there that will review resumes or cover letters for $5. Might be good to get some fresh perspective since you've been at it for a while now.

thanks Card. will do. I applied for 8 more jobs today. This is just getting silly.

M: 37 H: 36
M: 13 T: 18
D: 7
Bomb: 6/30/14
Separation: 8/11/14

Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.
C
C
I've never been in your sitch as far as looking for work without already having a job (or still in school). It has to be hard. Have you considered volunteering for something close to your heart, maybe 20 hours per week, until you get a job? im not totally tuned in to the mind of Ss. But there would be a lot of positives for you and the need, whatever it is. Not to mention that the more you are involved with organized activities, the more chances you'll have to network with people. Who knows, you might meet an employer! My friend took a waiter position while we were in school to network, and he ended up getting a dream job at Boeing because of it (and also because he's brilliant). I would only do it BECAUSE you want to serve a need, but I just wanted to mention another potential benefit. Keep going, Ss!

Me 38, WAW 30
D11 (former marriage)
S2
T 8 years
M 3 years
BD 8/20/23
S 8/20/23
S
S

Not to mention that the more you are involved with organized activities, the more chances you'll have to network with people. Who knows, you might meet an employer! My friend took a waiter position while we were in school to network, and he ended up getting a dream job at Boeing because of it (and also because he's brilliant).

I once hired a girl who was a waitress at my favorite restaurant. She was finishing a degree and I had an opening. She was a great hire. You never know who you'll meet. Good luck!

"Don't look back, you aren't going that way"
S
Ss06 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well, had my interview at Banana. Went great. Easy peasy. This store doesn't have enough hours for me to work enough to get benefits so it's not really worth the effort since that's 99% of what i'm looking for.

I guess I could just do it to make a tiny bit of money and connect with people though out the day. Have a reason to look better than wearing a sundress and flip flops all day every day. I just don't know.

D has her karate belt test tomorrow and she is super excited. It's a big deal as she had to be invited (and you're not allowed to ask or insinuate that you want to test). It's a 3-4 hour test. I'm washing her Gi right now because I have to press it (!!!). She has to pass uniform inspection before she can begin the test and this also means clipped/filed nails, clean face and hair, the inseam of her pants can't be shorter than her ankle or longer than to top of her heel. Jeez. She's 7.

Anyway, she was talking to H on the phone last night and she asked if he'd be available to celebrate her new belt on Saturday evening after her belt test. He said, "Oh, I'll be out of town, maybe we can do it another night".

Out of town? News to me. Guess I'm not privy to that kind of stuff anymore. frown

So, this is my life. Banana Republic and having no idea where my H is. Lovely.

W
W
Life is a bowl of bananas!!

C
C
Is there at least an employee discount? :P

Me 38, WAW 30
D11 (former marriage)
S2
T 8 years
M 3 years
BD 8/20/23
S 8/20/23
S
Ss06 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Is there at least an employee discount? :P

A huge one. Like 50% off and 40% off at Gap and Old Navy. Nuts.

So, I'm feeling like I want to text H something light hearted, fun, flirty... but it's not a good idea. I know it's not. He's probably out of town having a blast with friends (hopefully not 1 friend who happens to be female). This would not be a good time to do that. In fact, it's more than pursuing... it's unintelligent.

Right? Not a good idea? He always wanted *pictures*. Now's not the right time for that, huh?

R
R
Right. Not a good idea.

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
J
J
Hi Ss, it's bee a while since I've written but I've sti been following. You're doing great. Keep at it.

Me: 34 W:33
T: 10 M: 6
S: 6 D: 5
BD: 5/14
Still together(ish)
Not giving up: 7/14
D talk has slowed, a lot.
Gradually working on things together. Still separate bedrooms.
Slow and Steady wins the race.
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard