Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
M
M
Sometimes when I hear about these things I wish there were some kind of DB convention so we could all group hug and high five. smile

Ss stands for Super Strong. Sure Survivor.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
S
S
DB/DR convention? Too much validating going on in that room for anyone to get his/her point across. (That was a joke, folks. Wonka/labug put me on a humor explainer probation for good reason.)

SS06 - take a walk, wash your dog, take the ice bucket challenge (a few weeks late!) or ANYTHING.

Everyone here has been amazing to me for several days. I am here for you, too. (((((((HHHUUUUGGGGSSS))))))))

Me: 43 XW: 43
T15 M14
D21, SS15, S11, D8
BD: 8/6
EA / possible PA discovered 9/29
D final 10/20
C
C
Ss,

Your candor and ability to self-reflect, and your intelligence and wit show that you have great resilience. I wish we could offer hugs in person. And I'm sorry you are going through this.

Me 38 H 40
D 3
T 8 M 6
BD 10/2013

S
Ss06 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Maybell

Ss stands for Super Strong. Sure Survivor.

It actually stands for "still standing" which is my theme song (I'm Still Standin' by Elton John). Extraordinary Machine by Fiona Apple is another theme song of mine.

It's funny, having gone through all that crap as a child doesn't really prepare me any more for going through it all now.

I lovingly accept and strongly reciprocate all of the hugs and desire for the in-person real thing.

I think a DB/DR convention would be a whole lot of fun. Or at least some kind of reunion meet up. There'd be a whole lot of validating going on, just as you say Shakspr, but the activities list would be awesome because we're all GAL pros!!!

Your support means everything to me Claire, maybell, Lisa, Pilot, Shining, Shakspr, Old Dogg, labug, and everyone else who hears the cry of a fellow DB and comes running with hugs.

I desperately need them today.

I forced myself to plant some plants (not something I get a lot of joy out of but I love the end result) and I do feel better.

I made plans to go to a hot vinyasa yoga class tonight with GREAT music (imagine doing yoga to September by Earth Wind and Fire!) so that will definitely lift me up a bit. I wore a heart rate monitor in that class last week and I burned 640 calories in one class.

Off to chug a protein shake that I'll burn off in the first 20 minutes of that class. YAY!

I know all this pain and struggle is creating something beautiful but it sure hurts to get there. Makes me wonder if plants hurt while they flower or if a caterpillar hurts while in its chrysalis.

Last edited by Ss06; 10/01/14 10:49 PM.

M: 37 H: 36
M: 13 T: 18
D: 7
Bomb: 6/30/14
Separation: 8/11/14

Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.
C
C
Beautiful comment, Ss/Em

Me 38, WAW 30
D11 (former marriage)
S2
T 8 years
M 3 years
BD 8/20/23
S 8/20/23
N
N
"the activities list would be awesome because we're all GAL pros!!!"

I love this! I bet it would be a blast.

Me:33 W:32
T 12yrs M 3yrs
House, No kids
6/16/14 BD 1+yr PA disclosed
9/1/14 Requested divorce, in house S
S
Ss06 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Hi Card & NewLeaf! Thanks for stopping by!

Today is better. Feeling good physically and better emotionally.

Yoga. Yoga is my antidepressant, life balancer, emotional regulator, perspective provider and smile giver. Yoga and this board. What would I do without you all?

I'm rethinking this Banana Republic job. We are not desperate for me to get insurance for the family. We are doing ok right now. I think I'm going to rework my resume, reevaluate my application methods and work harder at getting a job that isn't mall retail just to get a job.

I wanted desperately to talk about all this with H but it could be seen as temperature taking because it's more about "what will happen in the future" and I vowed not to do that anymore.

It's interesting how I want to lean heavily on him instead of empowering myself to make a decision in my own best interest. Fascinating. Wonder why that is.

Anyway, hopefully I'm in the early stages of another up swing. I know I have no more tears left so up is the only way right now.

L
L
Great to hear you are feeling better Ss! Up and down, up and down - what fun! smile

I know what you mean about wanting to check in but don't fret, when he is ready you will hear from your H. Try to keep on with your 180s and GALing and taking care of yourself and he will eventually want to check in with YOU!

Go with your gut on the BR job. It will probably mean time away from your D7 and other personal growth activities, as well as job hunting so if you aren't sure and it isn't absolutely needed just shelve it for now. I have faith that something will present itself soon. Job hunting can be a b!tch sometimes!

Big hugs and hope you keep feeling better!
Lisa

R
R
Originally Posted By: Ss06

I'm rethinking this Banana Republic job. We are not desperate for me to get insurance for the family. We are doing ok right now. I think I'm going to rework my resume, reevaluate my application methods and work harder at getting a job that isn't mall retail just to get a job.

Hey Ss!

So glad you are feeling a little better. I meant to post the other day when you mentioned your discouraging job search. I wanted to share this with you- when I moved back to California in 2012 - I applied for 167 jobs. Out of all those applications, I only scored 2 face to face interviews and 2 phone interviews with a recruiter, and I have excellent qualifications in several different industries with a stable 20 year job history, and had my resume professionally touched up. I did end up in a good job but there was some dumb luck to it. It was a position that I was over qualified for, but my boss liked me in the interview so much - she talked HR into bumping it up into a higher classification.

My point with all of this, is that much like your DBing efforts, this could very well be a marathon. As long as your finances permit, I would certainly take your time and look for job that really fits your career plans and allows you quality time with your D. As someone who has done a lot of hiring, I can tell you that sometimes job candidates have a hard time digging their way back up from a job that they didn't really want to take in the first place.

That being said, if you do find yourself in a place where you really need that health insurance - may I suggest you take a look at Starbucks? Unless times have changed, they provide full benefits for anyone who works 20 hours a week, and it can be a great place to network and is pretty low stress.

I'm not going to lie - even though the economy has improved, its still a pain in the a** time to be looking for a job, but you will find what you need and want eventually!

Looking forward to continued reading about the job hunt!

2 Ds: 7 and 4
BD and Sep: 7/14
Divorce Final 2/16
S
Ss06 Offline OP
OP Offline
S
raliced,

Oh thank you so much for chiming in! I appreciate you sharing your story. I've noticed that looking for jobs online means there are thousands of applicants and while my resume is awesome and my experience extensive, I'm still 1 in thousands. That's a tough pill to swallow but, like you said, marathon. >sigh<

About 12 years ago I used to work at Starbucks. I have considered applying, yes. Just because it really IS a great company to work for, the health insurance for part time work is great, too (which is NOT the case at Banana). I think I can talk to H without it being a temperature taking discussion about where he feels we are as far as health insurance.

Quote:
As someone who has done a lot of hiring, I can tell you that sometimes job candidates have a hard time digging their way back up from a job that they didn't really want to take in the first place.

THIS is a big concern for me. Working to support your family through any means necessary isn't viewed through the right lens when prospective employers look at resumes for some reason. It's frustrating.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard