Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
E
E
GB,

Thank you for the explanation. I now have a better understanding of why you feel the way you do. Can you tell me what the parenting arrangement is?

If he is unable to spend much time with the kids, then you may want to explore having a somewhat consistent baby sitter so that GB can take care of GB.

I was a full time care giver for a while and it can really wear you down so take care of YOU too.

Last edited by ericmsant2; 10/01/14 04:55 PM.

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
G
OP Offline
G
The parenting plan is every other Saturday (overnight) from 9 am to 5pm Sunday. He does take them to school 3 days a week. He arrives at 6:30 and they leave at 6:45. This is not part of the plan as we are looking to move 45 mins to an hour away (different suburb) to be closer to family and friends. Ex is well aware of this as this was in discussions for years. He is supposed to have them 2 weeks in the summer (he did this past summer as he said going anywhere with them would *traumatize him* and he would *ruin* their time.) He is also scheduled to have them the week after Christmas. The first time he took them overnight (about 6 weeks ago), he brought them back after about 6 hours. He lives about 10 minutes away and I got D9 and S11 phones so they could chat or text him without me being the go between. He has never called but does text a "I love you" every few days. He is welcome to see them another time if he would like. S11 spent a week night once and played video games. My house is kind of crazy and I don't want to sound like the end all be all. I don't even know if it's always a good thing that all 3 of my children are extremely attached to me.

My babysitter is/was wonderful. She got a sports scholarship so she isn't as free as she was (darn her! I'm kidding. She's a wonderful kid). I do need a little more time to myself for grown up activities. I've enjoyed season 3 of Curious George (it's the 1st television other than sports I've watched in over a year). and love being with them. We travelled a good deal this year and that was a blast. However, I know I need to do things with friends or even alone. Grrrrrr. Guilt =ick. I have been working on the house as it is on the market.

I don't really sound like a bucket of fun right now, do I

Last edited by Georgiabelle; 10/01/14 06:54 PM.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
Rope dropped Cirque du Soleil style
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
E
E
GB

You actually sound quite good all things considering. You have the kids a lot. They are close to you. They are safe and comfortable with you. You are trying to sell your house. Your H is giving them what he can right now. You have a parenting plan in place.

Damn girl...you sound much better than I did when I was first divorced.

As I watched you go through this the one thing that always struck me was your approach. You always were leveled headed, always had the right perspective - even when you were having one of those days. In many many ways you remind me of an old poster that I knew named Albuquerque. She ended up reconciling with her spouse. She was a natural DBer. You sound a lot like her. I have no doubt that you are going to thrive. You will get through this and one day...I believe you are going to find that one person that will really compliment you. Something tells me that it will be the R...that you have always wanted. They'll "get you" and you'll "get them". I can't explain it...but I do get that vibe whenever I read your thread.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Just don't forget to feed your soul too.

Enjoy the kids, you are getting close to the teenage years, which could be interesting. Remember what you have learned here and use it in your life. I've said often DB is not a tactic, nor is it JUST A TOOL to save your M...rather it is a way of life.

God Bless,
Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
S
S
Pre-apology for the premeditated highjack, GB. smile

Eric, I read a post of yours on a thread you created on 3/3/14...."the star is inside of you".

It was a great post. I think it may help many of us who came on board a while later, and missed it.

Would you mind re-posting?

I'm glad you're here. smile

U
U
He's a good one, that Eric, Shining. Great friend of mine. smile

S
S
Of COURSE he is....I should have guessed, lol.

I hope some of what you all have here is contagious..,,

I want that fever! laugh

S
S
Originally Posted By: Shining
Of COURSE he is....I should have guessed, lol.

I hope some of what you all have here is contagious..,,

I want that fever! laugh

ME TOO!!! And I REALLY want to read "the star inside of you"!!!!

M: 37 H: 36
M: 13 T: 18
D: 7
Bomb: 6/30/14
Separation: 8/11/14

Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve.
U
U
Lol, Shining. Yep, those three men are personal friends that I was lucky to have met here. They have my back and I theirs. I am a lucky girl!!! Although having three brothers can be a pain sometimes. LOL!

G
OP Offline
G
Shining- no apology necessary. You know I adore you. You can list me as a reference during your job search.

Hi Ur! Love your posts. It's always a party on this thread complete with confetti, balloon animals, and obscure 80s music with new stuff sprinkled in. Sometimes I borrow s11's disco ball. I concur that Eric is really groovy.

Eric, thanks for your kind words. Really. You made me tear up. I take it as the ultimate compliment when people insinuate I sort of have my caca together. People have always stated that I have have such a "good head on my shoulders." Some days I'm not sure:-). Some days It is nice to hear. I don't know if I always DB correctly, although I knew I has to let xh go. Really let him go. It was for my own well being. I read many threads where the w or h will have conversations with their WAS about meaningful topics. I think that's awesome and I am happy for them. I used to feel a slight twinge of envy. Now, I don't. However, I also realize I was always providing solutions, trying to fix things and him (in the words of the great Charlie Brown-ACK!!!) or saying "have you thought of x?" And I decided no more. Not to punish him. Not out of spite or anger. Just let him live his own life. And I live mine. And if we are to have any kind of R, I have plenty of time to figure that out.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
"Some people are born on 3rd base and go through life thinking they hit a triple." Barry Switzer
G
OP Offline
G
Oh wow. I found out the guy that I think is hot (I only see him on Thursdays) is 32. Yikes. I'm sporting my crazy hair today. And my crazy sense of humor because it is the way to survive.

3 kids
BD 12/15/13 (IDKIILY. )
D final 9-9-14
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard