Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
W
OP Offline
W
Lol. Dating profiles can be so much fun!
OMG, today was Sabbath and Church Lady picked up her stuff and moved two rows back to sit with my friend Agnes and I. She greeted me in Cantonese (we talk Cantonese to each other for laughs) and we chatted for a bit. She was telling me how terribly she did in solo she sang in Tagalog last week. I told her one of the things I like so much about this church is everybody screws up and it's OK. She'd told me before that she would never sing and do the things she does here at any other church. Anyway, about ten minutes into the service she moved to the end of the pew to spread out her song books and take out her flute (she accompanies the hymns each week). Shortly after that she passed me a note, "I know giving advice is your job lol. Could you give me some?" So I mouthed "after church". We had a two hour choir practice after church but beforehand there was a lunch break. So we sat in the pews talking and really she just wanted to tell me about her situation and didn't really need any advice. She'd already been to a social worker and had a lawyer lined up etc. She wants to file for divorce but doesn't know where her husband is. We talked about other stuff too. So afterwards we went downstairs and had lunch with the others and she shared her sandwiches with me. I like this lady a lot. I have this nice warm feeling when we talk, she has a great sense of humour and takes care of her own sh!t. Again, we shall see, I'm in no rush. I'm just enjoying her company ...and all the Cantonese we throw at each other lol. Tomorrow we're singing at an outdoor Adventist event...and she's singing a duet. She's gutsy!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
What an amazing day! Today our church choir was singing at an outdoor Adventist event. We did a wonderful job, Pastor was very pleased...as he should be considering we had about 4 hours practice the whole month before hand. Afterwards we all sat and watched the performances. At one point there was only me and Church Lady left and I turned to her and told her I was heading home and she says "why don't you stay and we'll hang out" so I said OK. We spent the next five hours together. She says "let's go take photos of all the booths!" OMG, she's just as nuts as I am. Everybody laughs at her cuz she's always taking photos. We took a turn manning our churches booth and a couple approached the table and she took a picture of them. I said "did you just take a picture of that couple?" she says "yes, I did" and I replied "this is so great, I'm loving hanging out with you!" So we walked around and she seems to know every Filipino in the city lol. We were taking photos of booths, people, each other and having a great time. At 5 pm I drove her home and we had a nice talk on the way. She said "I'm very independent, I don't need a man to take care of me. I take care of myself...but I do need a friend, someone who'll listen and care" I said "let's see what we can do" We talked about how our marriages ended and finally I dropped her off and headed over to Voldy's to pick up my daughters. Wow, we had so much fun...and both our camera batteries died lol.

W
OP Offline
W
Btw, there are photos of our antics on my FB page.

B
B
Well Wii - it sounds like you've got a better option there in your real world there then what is available on line through POF and all the other dating websites. Sounds promising to me at least!

BA

W
OP Offline
W
Who knows BA. All I know is how much I enjoy spending time with her. It's nice to see the "deer in headlights" now initiating time with me. I think right now she really just enjoys spending time together too. What it means...if it goes anywhere I dunno. She's a character though and sooooo different from SDA Lady. She told me the stuff about not needing a man to take care of her after I told her that my last R ended because my gf was way too dependent and I became way too over involved in her stuff and therefore exhausted. But bottom line is Church Lady is a photo nut...what more do I need to know lol.

Wii,

It sounds like this lady is custom made for your interests! I personally think she sounds like someone really good for you. Go with that friend thing and see what happens?

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
W
OP Offline
W
Yeah, every time she took a photo of a stranger my heart went pitter patter lol. Seriously though, I'm willing to be friends and just enjoy each others company without any pressure. I so enjoyed just hanging out and having fun together. it's been awhile. I told her on the way to the car that I really enjoyed the day and was glad she suggested I stay. I felt happy.

W
OP Offline
W
I asked D17 yesterday to help me with the USB flash drive. I was copying photos for Church Lady and then she'll copy hers for me. D17 asked me about this lady, she knows we spent a lot of time together at the camp fire a few weeks ago. So I told her what's been happening and she said "OMG, you two are dating and you don't even know it!" Then she asked how old Church Lady was and whether she knew how old I was...which she does (she's 20 years younger). Her eyes widened. I told her that I have no idea what we're doing except enjoying each others company right now. Too funny.

B
B
I think your daughter nailed it - you are dating! As for the age difference, in my opinion age is merely a number and if you are both enjoy each other's company and have mutual interests then I say good for you!

BA

W
OP Offline
W
Whatever it is, I'll just try and enjoy the ride...and try not to overthink the crap out of it lol. During the afternoon she asked me if I went to the Bible study on Wednesday night and whether I enjoyed it. I suggested she join us but she said she didn't have a ride. I told I'd pick her up 'cuz she's only a couple of blocks out of my way. She said she'd come. I asked for her address and phone number and she said "If you drive me home tonight you'll know where I live" so I agreed. On the way home we were talking about traffic in the city and I said it takes me 45 minutes to get to Bible Study on Wednesday evening and she said "Well then, I'm not coming. If it takes you 45 minutes to get to church and then you add another ten picking me up then you have to drop me off, that's too much. It's not fair to you". Anyway...so now she's not coming. Whatever lol.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard