Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
#2485218 09/04/14 10:40 PM
L
LisaB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi DB friends! Time for another new thread as my old one filled up with my babbling.

Old one: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2484968&page=1

Not much new to report. Been NC for a few days and haven't heard anything from WAH. Seems he is keeping his distance but I don't know why exactly. If you check out the end if my last thread he seems to have pulled away a bit after we had a little incident last weekend. And then I tried something different by being friendly and suggesting we spend time together next week. He didn't really respond so now I'll just stay NC and see if he comes back around.

Everything else is good. I'm busy with work and GAL. Going on a fun work trip for a few days. Was hoping WAH would notice and get curious like last time I went away but perhaps not as he seems irritated with me this week.

Hope all is well with you all!
Hugs, Lisa B

Me: 34 H: 30
M: 4 years
BD: 6/15/14
He moved out 6/30/14
OW1: EA then PA after BD
Now he's dating multiple OWs
I'm over it and moving on.
P
P
Originally Posted By: LisaB
Seems he is keeping his distance but I don't know why exactly.

work at getting to where you 'dont care why'. When you reach that point, I think YOU will be a happier person, and your H will truly begin to reflect on his choices.

Still rooting for ya!

Me: 42
W: 32
Married 7 years together 8.5
S1: 7 S2:7
Bomb #1: 09-16-13
Recon #1: 11/13
A discovered 04-03-2014
W filed D 05-19-14 but never served me
I filed D 12-02-2014
S 05-31-14
Divorced 5-19-16
M
M
Lisa I had something insightful to say earlier but I was making dinner and it got away from me. However, I agree with pilot. You can make yourself crazy wondering what he's thinking.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
L
LisaB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Hi pilot Hi Maybell! Yeah so true. Don't care why... that would be nice. Maybe next month I'll be there. smile

You know these things oh back and forth. A few days ago I wasn't caring, then I do care and I'm sure in a few days it will flip flop again.

Thanks for checking in and saying hello! Hope you both are doing well!
Hugs,
Lisa

L
LisaB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Feeling a bit surprised, no word from the WAH in 3 days. I think that is a first since BD. I can only guess he is reacting to last weekend, but as pilot says no point in agonizing over why. However there is a point in thinking about it, because we are always trying to do what works and supposed to be testing out different approaches. So I think whatever I did didn't work, or something else is going on in his life.

Not sure what it is but I guess eventually we will communicate and he may let me know. Knowing him, when he is mad he stays quiet for a while then eventually tries to talk. He already tried to have a talk with me about last weekend but I didn't react and just validated and said nothing. So it may be that and eventually he may try to talk. Or like I said it may be something else.

I'll be staying NC and if he ever reaches out again we will take it from there.

Hope everyone is having a good Friday!
Hugs, LisaB

J
J
Hang in there Lisa. Stay strong.

Me: 34 W:33
T: 10 M: 6
S: 6 D: 5
BD: 5/14
Still together(ish)
Not giving up: 7/14
D talk has slowed, a lot.
Gradually working on things together. Still separate bedrooms.
Slow and Steady wins the race.
M
M
Lisa, it was clearly a big deal to him when he saw that at the party.

Is that entirely a bad thing? I don't think so. It wasn't calculated on your part. But maybe his silence is more complicated than just pouting.

I feel ya. Hugs.

Me42, H40
D12, S8, S7
A revealed: 7/13
Sep 4/14; Agreed to D 1/15

She believed she could, so she did.
J
J
I'm w/ Maybell on this one. Shock to the system. Not always bad.

Still together(ish)
L
LisaB Offline OP
OP Offline
L
Haven't heard anything from WAH in about 5 days which is definitely a record so far. On the other hand he also hasn't heard anything from me, although I have been 90% NC/only responding since BD so that is not exactly a new thing.

The interesting thing is that I find myself getting angry about his NC and wanting to fight back so to speak. I don't feel an urge to reach out and be friendly as much as I want to punish him for not talking to me. We are supposed to meet up in a few days to move some things out of the house. I want to cancel and do it without him. I find myself getting angry and annoyed.

I may still cancel and do it without him but I figure that is probably the wrong move. Looking back I have avoided about half of the opportunities to see him that I could have taken. Most of them were logistical things or times he wanted to stop by to pick up his things. But I have avoided him in the name of GAL and in the hopes that he would step up and just ask me out instead of possibly making excuses to see me. So I figure I should take the chance to show my terrific, sexy, happy self when I can. But wanting to appear to be GAL and my anger and frustration keep me from it.

Like I said, I don't really feel the urge to contact him for friendly reasons. His NC is angering me and I don't feel friendly toward him right now. But I do wonder about what pilot said on his thread. When does my silence become the new normal where he doesn't notice my absence any more? When does he say to himself "oh I guess she doesn't care to talk to me, I should move on?" I don't think we are there yet but I was wondering about it.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Hugs, LisaB

J
J
So, I say, don't cancel any plans. You've got to show yourself off.

As for the anger, I get it. As much as things are going better in my situation, I still feel that way sometimes. Everything about this is frustrating...and probably 100 times more so in your situation.

So, angry solutions? Go for a run, do a kickboxing class at the gym, buy a punching bag, paint, play music (if you have an instrument and the ability), shut yourself in the car and scream at the top of your lungs, find comedy videos on YouTube, and...?

Hope that helps,
Joe

Still together(ish)
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard