Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
B
OP Offline
B
Thank you Job for your post. I love to read your wise and comforting words. Yes I agree he is not fully baked- I guess there is still hope that he will 'get there faster' although I know deep down, it has to run it's course. Sometimes I wonder if at the end of it all he just won't make it. I still know I iwll be in a better place and I also know that I will be able to move on from him with a light heart knowing I have done everything I can, and a compassionate heart for him.

Well- school is really full on! Lol homework is aplenty, as are after school activities. But the kids are happy and we all love the school very much.

Thank you for asking and checking in on us job :-). I hope all is well and bright in your world xxx

TPS
Me: 44 H: 42
M14 T17
S10 D7
10/10 H moves out after death of his father-same month
21/04/12 H is 'DONE'
04/05/12 OW/PA confirmed (rumors from 2010)
July '14 H ends affair
May '15 H moves back home
C
C
Originally Posted By: bustingout
I am scared. Really and I didn't expect it. I am not afraid of being alone (anymore) I am afraid to trust my H whether we R or not.

keep that fear as your shield, I don't think their is anything wrong with that.

When he proves to you through consistant action that it is unfounded then I think you may be able to drop your shield.
Until then, keep it raised.

My .02

Me-70, D37,S36
S
S
Agree with Cadet and job. You've articulated to your husband your boundaries well and lovingly, and you've even articulated to US in your latest post what the key issues are.

I think they're all very accurate, and very healthy. Stay the course, and let him continue to have the ball in his court. Only you will know when you can't wait along longer, or if this is all going too slow for you. Or maybe God sends someone else along someday, who knows. For now you're not there, and that's all that matters -- TODAY.

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
B
OP Offline
B
((((((Cadet and Starsky)))))))))) you both keep me so motivated and upbeat. Your words are so meaningful to me. I have not really had a positive male presence in my life for quite sometime and the both of you and your mentoring and guidance over the years has been one of the key reasons to me being where I am today. Words cannot express my gratitude to you both. Xxx

TPS
M14 T17
S10 D7
21/04/12 H is 'DONE'
July '14 H ends affair
S
S
Awwwwwww, shucks. blush smile

You're easy to help, busting. Your combination of faith, determination, and soft-and-yet-tough love is impressive and you listen to all sides and you make your decisions and you live with them.

It's inspiring.

Starsky

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
C
C
Originally Posted By: Starsky309
Awwwwwww, shucks. blush smile

You're easy to help, busting. Your combination of faith, determination, and soft-and-yet-tough love is impressive and you listen to all sides and you make your decisions and you live with them.

It's inspiring.

Starsky

Ahhhhh yea - what he said ^^^^^^^.

And you know how to find me if you really need something.

And we could even find Starsky if we really needed to also. grin whistle

Me-70, D37,S36
S
S
Originally Posted By: Cadet

And we could even find Starsky if we really needed to also. grin whistle

No way. I'm like Col. Flagg, on M*A*S*H. Gone like the wind. cool

S
S
"M*A*S*H: The Abduction of Margaret Houlihan (#5.6)" (1976)

Colonel Flagg: I have no home. I am the wind.

Hawkeye: [to BJ] I told you he was the wind. You said he was the stars.

B.J.: No, I said he was the moon.

B
B
Busting, thanks for stopping by my thread. I think the things keep progressing in your sitch, slowly, but I have a good feeling about it.

I like what Starsky posted:
Originally Posted By: Starsky309
Stay the course, and let him continue to have the ball in his court. Only you will know when you can't wait along longer, or if this is all going too slow for you. Or maybe God sends someone else along someday, who knows. For now you're not there, and that's all that matters -- TODAY.

I could use it too .

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
B
OP Offline
B
Hi everyone. It's been a long time since I posted. I have som updates about H. Me, myself I am good overall. I feel good in general.

With H I feel so anxious. I don't like it. I feel like I am panicking and a side of me I don't like comes out. I wonder if I can really do this.

We had some arguments and also some great times. He has been coming to this country more often, staying at the house (guest bedroom) and staying longer.

About a month ago he said some things that were basically him trying to maintain control but to me seemed more of someone scared of this new situation between us. Like he doesn't see us as a couple rather just co parents living together. Also that he thinks I have expectations that we will be getting back together, while he does not.

That ended in a fight and us agreeing to just let things be. No one knows the future and we cannot read each other's minds. We are both in new territory and are both navigating it for the first time.

Over the past 4 weeks he then has been very inconsiderate of my feelings and very considerate at the same time. He has apologised and even tried to be cute (last week he was arriving to the country and after apologising for being inconsiderate texted :' I hope you can be bribed because I am brining you a new phone'. )

So I have been confused. And more importantly I think I realise that I need to stay on my side of the fence still, be warm and welcoming, but not get caught up in any of his behavioural issues or my fears of the future.

I don't like feeling vulnerable again.

I am so grateful for this opportunity. I can't believe sometimes that it's real. I know my family is lucky... (Thank you God)

Yet I am scared and I didn't think I would be. I felt more stable more confident before this 'coming together ' started. I feel therefore I am always 'serious'. Maybe afraid to just 'be'. Afraid that I will always be the person that annoys him- that he is just putting up with (that's how he made me feel before he left). Someone that he can just leave again.

H knows some of these things. We have had some conversations - and I try and be honest with my feelings about my fears. Especially if he only looks at me as a 'co parent'. What kind of life is that? Is it him just trying to protect himself in these fragile days? Or will I never be a 'woman' to him again?

I understand that he must be having a lot of conflicting and confusing feelings too. How does he come across so assured of himself and in control? Or is that me reverting to looking at him with my fear?

Sometimes it feels like I just really don't matter. No sob story. Really. There has been no apology, no 'I missed you', no reassurances. So that tells me he is not ready. And then I look at his actions and it seems different to his words. We speak well, we spend time together alone (nothing intimate) and as a family. We talk about the future together as a family.

So it seems I am reiterating a lot what I posted before. About fear. And Cadet and Starsky both gave me perfect advice about consistent action and focusing on today.

I need to be consistent in my actions too and not let my fears turn me into an erratic person. So I need to maybe stop thinking about these fears and focus on TODAY.

Last edited by bustingout; 10/09/14 07:07 PM.

TPS
M14 T17
S10 D7
21/04/12 H is 'DONE'
July '14 H ends affair
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard