Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Job!

I spent the morning there today (in the rain). My contractor came over & made a few suggestions. I got his opinion on a thought I had & he assured me it is all doable. I want to make the smaller cabin wheelchair accessible. The bathroom is huge (I suspect it used to be a bedroom) & newly renovated. It would be relatively easy to add a roll in shower. It has the only deck that should be replaced & a logical place to add a ramp. It will be a good project. There are few accessible cottages nearby - a good selling point.

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
Hi Summer,

You are too kind! Most people consider it impulsiveness yet I know a deal when I see one.

There had been several showings since I was last there & despite the fact I had an accepted offer - 3 people were shown the property today during our inspection. My inspector said to me "I'm going to find something really wrong here so the deal won't go through & then I can buy it - it's awesome!"

Ashley came over today. We went from cottage to cottage - sitting on the couches & deciding on the changes we will make. I got the rental contract from my first renters & although I've barely mentioned this to anyone - I got contacted for another rental in aug & I have 2 commitments for next year. This is pretty easy so far!

Exciting!

Barb

job Offline
Barb,
I think it's great that you are going to make one cottage wheelchair accessible. That's a huge selling point for those who are physically challenged.

Great idea!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
F
F
can't wait to visit!!!! smile

S
OP Offline
S
It's amazing how quickly I'm getting bookings with deposits. I have not even announced it or told most of my friends. I'm waiting until all conditions on the offer are removed. But - wow! And it is the cutest place. It will be tons cuter after all my cottage gear that is sitting in the garage is in place!

Barb

M
M
That is so fabulous!!!! I'm over the moon excited for you! I'd love to come up your way and see the beautiful lake in person.

You are so courageous! It sounds though like this was just custom made for you. I don't believe it's just a coincidence that the cost was the same as the amount you sold your cottage for. It was divine intervention!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Mish! & you are most welcome! That is exactly what I thought about the price. It was a really weird coincidence!

I was thinking of you a few min ago when I was sorting & packing for the move. Bet you're glad that's over!

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
Wow! Great things are happening! The cottages only had a tiny, floating dock with a makeshift boardwalk (chintzy) leading to it. I just found 2 floating docks for Free on that lake about 3 doors down from my old cottage. I no longer have a boat on that lake but I'm sure my former neighbour would help me tow them to the new place. Then someone is also giving away a free dock on my lake. Docks are quite expensive so these are just Godsends!
My high school friend who moved up here 2 years ago is doing handyman work. He agreed to come on my moving day & help with anything I need. As well - my lawyer thinks we can change the moving date to 2 days earlier to give more time to prepare for the renters. Fortunately it really is turn key - even the beds are already made up but I want to be sure the grass is cut, locks are changed & a few personal touches are added before they come.

Forgot to tell you the names of the cottages. Bears Den, Loons Nest & Lily Pad. I had so many bear, loon & frog items from my cottage. Now I'm picking up a few more. Got a loon guest book for $8. I know how to do themes. I don't want them to be full of kitschy useless stuff but everyone needs a bear toilet paper holder - don't they?

Barb

M
M
SO FUN!!!!!!!!!!! This is working out so perfectly, it's obvious this was in your destiny.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

S
OP Offline
S
I sure think so. It will be interesting to see what the appraiser thinks today. I'm still so excited!

Barb

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard