Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
K
K
When I had mine cut out,I was really lucky to have it fairly close to my hair line. I did look rather strange though with this huge bandage over a quarter of my face.

Did they give you any medication to put on the other spots? Yes, I agree if you are going to make a sensitive area worked on, better to get it all done at once. Will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers over the next few days.

Congrats to your daughter! My s18 graduated too and he has decided right now to stay at home and go to my alma mater. So funny that both boys want to teach history. I always tell themall least they can work for the CIA with a history degree. smile

So glad that things seem to be falling into place for you.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
S
S
Wishing you all the best BA!

Barb

B
OP Offline
B
Kat - they have not given me any medication for the other spots. I just noticed them a couple of weeks ago and haven't had an appointment yet to point them out. I will do that tomorrow. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Surgery starts around 9am tomorrow.

Barb - Thanks for the well wishes.

BA

K
K
Hope it went well. Did they say anything about the other spots you were concerned about? Take it easy. You are on the backstretch.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
OK, BA... how the heck are you? You're in my thoughts and prayers.

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks for all the well wishes and thoughts. I've been hunkered down since yesterday and on pain meds. Took the doc two sessions to get all of the cancer out and then stitch me up. I was nit happy having six shots in my nose yesterday but I'm glad to be cancer free at least for now. The other two spots were pre-cancerous so they froze those two areas. Right now Percocet is my friend. Hopefully tomorrow will be a pain free day

BA

Hiya BA,

I saw your post and photo on the Alt, and hope you have an awesome trip with your kids in the Griswold's camper. grin

Somehow, I know you'll handle the discomfort and signs of healing with the grace that you always seem to have.

Happy 4th!

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks Bets! Happy upcoming 4th to you as well. Sorry about the smackdown the NATs did to your Rockies last night. Ok not really sorry - but hey we needed the win to keep up with those pesky Atlanta Braves!

My nose seems to be healing pretty well. Haven't had any pain in a few days so that is good. Still doesn't look too attractive, but hey not much I can do about that! Tomorrow morning I head back over to the dermatologist to have my nose checked up on and hopefully have the stitches removed. I plan on telling her that we need to stop meeting this way because it's just too painful for me! grin

Thursday morning my two oldest kids arrive and we are off to go camping for three days. It will be their first opportunity to meet the GF. Looking forward to it.

This afternoon I will be plopped down in front of the TV cheering on the US soccer team and hoping for a victory over Belgium!

Hope all on the boards are well!

BA

Have fun with the camping trip! I'm not even talking baseball either. Ugh. I normally take the kids to the Rox game for the 4th (they have spectacular fireworks), but there IS a limit on how much pain I can inflict on myself in a given period of time. I went over the allotment on Monday about the 5th inning.

I had my 2nd IC appointment today, and we started out with sharing my thoughts on the Brene Brown TED talk she assigned me. I was more than a little surprised to find myself entering a dark cave - one that is all too familiar - and having to see the pesky abandonment issues that have once again popped up. I was pretty much dead on the ground after 45 minutes. My face looks mottled and cry swollen so we'd be good company, BA. I guess I purged so much she told me no homework this time. I'm just supposed to process stuff. God, what a mess. I had no idea.

So I'll be mulling this shite over as I finish with my furniture project. I'll post a photo on the Alt when I'm all done.

In the meantime, I've had a really good week for work. Instead of being bored and absolutely dead, I've been hopping and got a nice big sale yesterday. I *love* when that happens!!!

It's going to be busy here, so not sure I'll be back before the 4th. So I hope everyone has a safe, relaxing and fun long weekend!

Hugs to all,

Betsey

Albert Einstein
G
G
Hi BA and all....

How are you feeling? Sounds like a tough go with the nasty skin shaving. Glad to hear your life is on the up and up in many ways and your perspective is so telling and spot on. Any golf lately? I'm playing on a league and shooting right around 100; hoping to break that number any day now!
FYI - Dave is back in my life and I guess I never realized how much fun a healthy relationship could be. Makes me wonder what the heck my marriage was. But, no looking back only ahead to wonderful times.
Heal up soon!!
GG

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis