Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
I
I
HAHAHAHA! Well exactly! It doesn't make much sense to pine after some woman who doesn't give you 100% bro...why bother you know? LOL! WE LBS's are simply hoping that our WAWs return to a place where they can do that is all...it doesn't mean we're their doormat s either. All of nothing.

ME: 43 W:44
M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
D papers served 5/5/14 (how appropriate a date)
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
Our marriage ends 11/17/14
T
OP Offline
T
Yeah, I agree with you. I was totally not prepared to have her text me last night. I figured it would be months (or never)before I heard from her.

It's a weird feeling. One hand I feel happy that we were able to have a quick, friendly text exchange. On the other hand, it kind of reactivates the pain of how much I miss her.

I'm just allowing everything to sink in.

T
OP Offline
T
Im starting to feel better today after text exhange with WAW last night. It was friendly and she kept trying to keep the convo going, I need to think of that as a small positive.

Tonight I will focus on the gym and doing something with D14. Maybe take her out for frozen yogurt. smile

I
I
Good call Thorn...don't worry, you just watch...she WILL contact you again if you maintain your current course!

M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
W
W
Hey Thorn,

It is great the W texted you. The exchange was superb.

Originally Posted By: Thornton
When I asked how she was doing, she replied. "Im doing ok. Adjusting. Life feels weird".

W is definitely thinking inside her noggin and taking notes on how it is on the outside. Just let her be. No pressure.

The last thing I said was "Im happy you are running again"

She responded with a smiley face.

I didn't respond.

Good?

Very, very good! It was positive, upbeat, and supportive. That will leave a nice impression in W's mind.

Well done! laugh

When is W coming over to pick her stuff up?

T
OP Offline
T
She never brought up picking up her stuff again during the convo. Mind reading here, but I think she used her stuff as a reason to break the ice.

She said she needed to find time on the weekend to pick it up. She's had 5 weekends to do this.

Also, the last time she was going to pick her stuff up, she texted me mom to let her know she would be sending her mom to pick it up. Her mom never showed and I haven't heard a peep from either of them until WAW texted last night.

W
W
Thorn,

Ok....just let W take the lead on this. It is all up to her to pick up her own stuff.

I
I
Yup what ^^ said! LOL! Let her initiate all the contact. You are doing great Thorn! She WILL contact you again I am certain! Just be patient buddy!

M 13 years on 5-5-01
T 18 years
BD 4/27/14
WAW moved out 5/12/14
Papers filed 6/27/14
Divorce granted 07/17/14
T
OP Offline
T
Journaling

Today has been up and down. I fluctuate between feeling ok and then feeling upset about my sitch.

I'm curious if the recent contact from WAW has my mind running again. Or, if I'm still just coming to grips with the sitch itself.

Sometimes I wonder how long I can hang in there. I miss affection from another human being. I think I need to work harder at pacifying myself, being ok alone with my thoughts. I need to realize that my happiness needs to come from within, not from a relationship.

I remain hopeful that I can work things out with WAW. But, when does hopeful become naive?

Some things that I've noticed since bomb that are probably influencing my hopefulness:

* WAW still has tons of her and her daughter's stuff at my house
* WAW still lists me as her partner on FB. (WAW is a FB junkie so it's not like she forgot to remove me)
* WAW reached out to me via text after exactly 30 days no contact. She started the text about needing to find time to get her things but then started asking questions about me and being friendly. She didn't bring up picking up her things again.

I'm torn between two trains of thought:

1. WAW is just using this time to slowly detach from me before she feels mentally strong enough to get her things and then remove me from FB and move on with her life.
2. WAW isn't sure about the breakup, maybe wants to explore being single while keeping me at arm's length while she decides. It doesn't appear that she is too worried about me moving on even though I went NC after the bomb and never initiated contact with her.

Perhaps I'm just thinking irrationally and need to let the chips fall where they may.

W
W
Thorn,

I'm torn between two trains of thought:

1. WAW is just using this time to slowly detach from me before she feels mentally strong enough to get her things and then remove me from FB and move on with her life.
2. WAW isn't sure about the breakup, maybe wants to explore being single while keeping me at arm's length while she decides. It doesn't appear that she is too worried about me moving on even though I went NC after the bomb and never initiated contact with her.

Stop, stop, STOP with this stinkin' thinkin'.

I want to remind you that it took Ms. Wonka 4 months before she was able to send me a text.

It took Bond's wife 3 years before she spoke with him.

30-days isn't that long...for you, I am sure!

GALing is the best way to get busy living.

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard