Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
B
B
Hey Bets!!

I echo what everyone else is saying! You need to take care of yourself, not only for you - but it's also for those who depend on you as well. IC can be very stress liberating and I'm glad you're going to that. Especially with all of the life changes you've had and are going to have coming up.

Take care my friend and the next time you're out this way I've got you scheduled for a scotch therapy session! grin

BA

B
B
So my skin biopsies results are in and 2 out of three are cancerous and the third one has pre-cancer cells. frown I have two separate appointments to go under the surgical blade and have them removed via the Mohs technique. Very bummed because one of them is on the tip of my nose. Not only is that a very painful spot but I'm sure it's not going to make this ugly mug of mine any better looking after the surgery is done.

Sigh - one more unpleasant thing to add to the list for the year 2014...

BA

W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Bets: Drats!
BA: Drats!

Who else?

Shoot...I hope you guys can overcome those pesky obstacles fairly quickly!

June has gotta be a better month for all of us...

Wonka #2452893 05/15/14 09:52 PM
W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Hey Froggy!!! Where have you been these days, Wii??!

Wonka #2452938 05/16/14 12:50 AM
W
W
Hey, I've got a life y'know...it suucks but it's a life lol. I'll update shortly.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
BA-I'm keeping you in my prayers, friend. I hope it goes quickly and smoothly, without any complications. I guess invest in a stockpile of hats and sunscreen?

And thanks to all of you. I made the appointment with the intake folks at our county mental health group, and once we do that, they'll find me a counselor who is best suited to my needs. That first meeting isn't until early June, so I can collect my thoughts as I go. It feels good to take the steps necessary to move through all this.

I've also decided to commit to eating better and working out, starting yesterday. The working out part probably won't kick in until next week, but I'm making a conscious effort to do things better from here on out. Hopefully this, along with some IC, will spur some more healthy routines for me so I don't stress eat and collapse from physical and emotional fatigue at the same time. It's just unpleasant.

I should get my TMJ apparatus some time next week as well.

The good news is that the house is officially on the MLS AND taking showings. I've had to cram a lot of stuff in to get the house ready to show. Last night, D17 and I went back over to meet a terrific carpet repair guy and his son to stretch the carpets. This morning, I met the carpet cleaning folks at 5 am (no, that is NOT a typo). The gal who showed up (Holly) was wonderful, and it was so nice to be in an empty dark house with a woman. I vacuumed for her, which kept me moving and busy. In the meantime, D20 took D17 to school. I guess she was kind of pissy about it, so D20 recited her favorite lines from the Grinch and all went well. Sometimes you have to do what you have to do to make things work. grin (D20 has a canny ability to not only remember movie lines, but to nail the actor saying them. She does a terrific job with Jim Carrey - so much so, that all her friends literally beg her to act them out. It's funny as hell, and D17 is her biggest fan.)

So it's after 10, I've been up for 6 hours now and kind of tired. It's going to be a long day... since I've helped out my work neighbor a lot, he gave me 3 tickets to the Rox-Padres game tonight. They're 5th row, next to the visitor dugout. Can't wait. I only hope the weather decides to improve over the forecast.

Tomorrow D20's BF flies home to NY. Jeez, I never thought I'd say I'll miss him, but I will. Apparently, I'm destined to love having kids in my house. Even kids that eat A LOT. Fortunately for me, they also cook and clean up. At least in the kitchen.

So keep your fingers crossed that the house sells quickly and for full price. That will make my life so much easier, and it will also clear up most of my executor list of things to do. Then we coast for awhile.

So here's my PSA for the month: If you don't have a will, GET ONE! If you haven't started assembling your affairs in a binder or thumb drive for your executor, GET BUSY! I understand you have to acknowledge your mortality, but you don't want your kids to suffer from your delusion. BA, make sure your mom's executor also has signature authority on her checking account - it will allow that person to continue with business until the legal appointments are complete.

And that's all for now. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
B
B
Hey Bets,

I need to join you on the eating better and working out program. I seriously slipped this winter with all the horrible weather and a thousand other lame excuses but I am tired of not being in a structured workout routine.

Hope you are able to get paired up with a decent IC. I value counseling and the benefits it can bring. My whole issue is I've never been able to find a counselor that I really click with, feel like the "get" me, actually listen to what I have to say AND provide valuable feedback with avenues to solutions.

So yesterday I received some bad news in the mail. When I was in Florida prior to and after my father's death I had a health insurance payment (Tricare Prime) that was due and I missed paying it. Mind you the dang thing was only $68 dollars but I simply forgot to pay it. Evidently they sent a follow-up bill but in the mass of mail that accumulated during the 3 plus weeks I was gone I never saw it. So they disenrolled me going back to March 31st which means the two visits to the dermatologist I recently had were not covered under Prime, the upcoming surgery for my two skin cancer removals will not be covered plus I am now blocked from reenrolling in Prime with them for 12 months. At least I can stay covered under the Tricare Standard but the coverage is not as good and the co-pays are painful. UGHHH!!! I've sent a request for reconsideration along with a copy of my father's death certificate hoping that they will allow me to re-enroll immediately. The appeal takes about 10 business days to process. Crossing my fingers that they will approve it.

BA

A
A
If they refuse, and they should probably refuse at least once by the insurance company code of standard conduct, suggest that you will take it to the insurance commissioner of the state. It has been suggested to me that you generally have to ask more than once and that the state commissioner will be interested in getting a copy of your letter and death certificate. Declining to allow you to get your coverage back for that reason would be just disgusting.

Adinva 51, S20, S18
M24 total
6/15/11-12/1/12 From IDLY to H moving out
9/15/15-3/7/17 From negotiating SA to final D at age 50
5/8/17-now: New relationship with an old friend
__
Happiness is a warm puppy.
BA-

Good luck, my friend! Your presentation sounds reasonable, and given how long you've been enrolled, I would hope that they could make allowances for your lapse. My fingers are crossed!

My path to feeling better got derailed Monday night by a nasty stomach flu and a 102 temperature. The upside is that I just don't feel like eating. At least nothing bad for me.

Lame excuses? Maybe. For both of us. But just because they are excuses doesn't mean that they weren't real. I think we've both had very emotionally tough years so far. You know the saying, "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean you don't have a valid reason." Translate that to excuses. The only thing you can do is forgive yourself and move forward.

Keep us posted, and good luck with all of this.

Bets

p.s. My gyno just called and told me that my pap results were good. Since I have a history there, I don't overlook this one as a total free pass. A blessing, for sure, because my stress usually shows up here.

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
adinva #2454313 05/22/14 11:40 AM
B
B
Originally Posted By: adinva
If they refuse, and they should probably refuse at least once by the insurance company code of standard conduct, suggest that you will take it to the insurance commissioner of the state. It has been suggested to me that you generally have to ask more than once and that the state commissioner will be interested in getting a copy of your letter and death certificate. Declining to allow you to get your coverage back for that reason would be just disgusting.

AD - Thanks for the information and good advice. I agree if they don't grant me reconsideration it is disgusting and I'm not sure I would want to be covered by them anymore anyway.

BA

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard