Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
B
OP Offline
B
Hello peeps! I just accepted the job offer! I am excited and a bit scarred at the same time. It has been a while since I had a full time permanent job. I was a consultant for a number of years. It took my sister and my GFs to convince me that I am doing the right thing. And guess what… I have two more requests for the interviews at other companies. All of them are for permanent positions. Maybe it is a sign. I feel a lot better about myself though. I passed 4 interviews to get this job and they are excited to have me. Maybe it is a new beginning for me.

This means that H is going to be on his own bringing money to the company we own. We would still divide the money each of us would bring, but if he will not have any cushion of relaying on my money until he is paid for his work. This is how it went last year when he asked me to pay for condo mortgage.

It is also scary because there will be less communication under the disguise of a common business. It feels like we are going different ways and drifting further apart.

I haven’t replied to his e-mail yet. When I do, I will let him know about my new job, since he asked.

Going to meet with my GF tonight (the bar owner) for some celebration!

M:50
H:52
S28 (my S from previous marriage)
M:17 + 3
BD: 06/12
S: 06/12 - H works in another state
W
W
Bright,

Good job on securing that job! laugh You've worked hard at those interviews and it's paid off in a big way. See this as a new adventure in your career and make the most out of it.

W
W
I found ya BF. Congrats on the job. Glad to here good things happen to good people!

W-37
Me-37
M-16yrs & 5days
W "Done" Day = Valentine Day 2014
D-8/13/2014
S16
S13
S11
D8
L
L
Yay!!!!!!! :-)

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
B
B
Congratulations Bright! I am so happy for you!

TPS
Me: 44 H: 42
M14 T17
S10 D7
10/10 H moves out after death of his father-same month
21/04/12 H is 'DONE'
04/05/12 OW/PA confirmed (rumors from 2010)
July '14 H ends affair
May '15 H moves back home
job Offline
Congratulations on the job offer! When do you start?

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
B
OP Offline
B
Wonka, whytry, Heather, busting, job, thank you so much!

Wonka, I did do some hard work. I had to learn all over again what to say at the interviews, what questions to ask, how to write thank you letters after the interviews (I had to write 4 letters to 4 people), how to write the job acceptance letter. When I was a consultant I didn’t have to do all that. And yes, I will view this as a new adventure in my carrier.

Job, I start on the following Monday. So, I have some time to do some shopping for business attire. I haven’t bought anything for at least a year. I’m excited!

B
OP Offline
B
Need some advice. I just drafted a reply e-mail to H where he said that he is working towards not having a computer. I have a document regarding our vacation home that I scanned and want to send to him because I think it is important. I also want to retain this document for myself, since I’m still on the mortgage. I also wanted to acknowledge that I got his message about not having a computer.

So, here is part of my response:
“I’m sure you will get what you want one day. You’ve always been a very determined man.
While you still have a computer, I’m attaching a letter from <company> for your records. I can also make a copy and send it by mail, if you’d like.”

Then I looked up the synonyms for “determined” and one of them is “dogged”, which is pretty much means “stubborn”. Now I’m not sure if it could be interpreted as sarcasm on my part. It is not my intent, I just want to validate. Any opinions? Am I over thinking this again?

job Offline
Bright,
I tend to think that you should just go with the computer comments and remove the other two sentences about finding what he wants and being determined.

Are you ready to rejoin the work force?

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
L
L
I agree with Job, Bright. The comments about his determination and such make it seem like you are getting into some R talk with him or attempting to hook him into a convo. Leave it be. I can sooooo identify. Did it myself this week. I was able to throw in a few hooks while asking for tax returns.

I coulda just taken out a billboard and said, in neon, "Tell me you're going to rehab and don't want this divorce. PLEASE!"

Are you excited about the job?

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard