Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Alright, alright...class...stop picking your nose...hey you, stop pulling Linda's pigtails. Rick, I saw you passing that note in the back row...give it up to me or it'll be straight to Principal Job's office.

Rick: Go right ahead and get AJ his special blender for HVD. From yours truly! grin

AJ: Not sure what you mean by Ms. Wonka's take on my "recent" journey. Which parts of the journey are you talking about here? How recent?

In no shape, fashion, manner, hook, line, sinker....heh...mixing up my metaphors...ahem...did I ever tell Ms. Wonka to seek comfort with anyone. No less with the OW! mad mad Perish that thought, AJ! I did express to Ms. Wonka that I was glad she had someone to talk to and I did say this to her..."we'll get through this somehow." That line was during one of my once-in-a-blue-moon lucid moments.

Linda: Ok, ok...got my first ILYBINLWY speech here. I think I can...ha...hand...handle this! sharp intake of breath I got my big girl pants on!

Yep, I got a HNY text from Ms. Wonka. And I know that she will send another one soon when my birthday comes around. Another thought is that I think you are an incurable, sentimentalist romantic. Yes, you, you...a mushy romantic who probably watches An Affair To Remember over and over in a darkened room with a box of Klennex in her lap. laugh

MileHigh: Glad to see you stumbling right in here...you've come to the right FUN House! wink I have a question for you. Did W's 'sexual awakening' help with your sex life at all? Just curious.

As for the what-ifs, we all have our what-ifs about many things in life. Some we wish for do-overs. But then again, without this, we would to not have the opportunity to do some crucible purging that helps us achieve greater clarity about our forward path. This is something I thank Ms. Wonka for at the most basic level even though I could do without the OW and all that attendant crap.

W
Wonka Offline OP
OP Offline
W
What Did I Do During The Summer of 1999

My rational, logical human mind starts to crumble down into clumps of spliced atoms, protons, and neutrons misfiring in all directions that is scientifically termed as 'impaired synapses'.

Maybe a nano-sized Wonkie Enterprise ship flew into my head one night when I was deep in slumber next to Ms. Wonka and I woke up with this mysterious disease called "MLC". Who knows!

The walls I've erected around my relationship with Ms. Wonka starts to come down when I began to foolishly talk about "problems" with Ms. Wonka and I was fishing for a way to get out of it. Talking to women here and there. At a subconscious level, I think that I was seeking some type of escape from my own MLC-induced misery. Previously, I was very protective of Ms. Wonka and only spoke of her in glowing terms in our circle of friends. Mind you....the fog in 1999 was not as heavy as it was in 2002. More like a spray from the garden hose that kids run and jump over in the backyard.

Our sex life started to drop but not yet reached an alarming level. Intimacy was present but not at the levels prior to May 1999. I was engaged in every day life activities and carried out my responsibilities.

Outwardly I appeared 'normal' in every category: emotional, mental, memory-wise, sexually. However, there were some hiccups along the way.

A
AJM Offline
A
I was asking more along the lines of what did she see and think about your behavior? She thought something was wrong, but anything else?

Quote:
That line was during one of my once-in-a-blue-moon lucid moments.
Curious. What did you say when you were not so lucid? Maybe during a harvest moon or something? smile

Quote:
Outwardly I appeared 'normal' in every category: emotional, mental, memory-wise, sexually. However, there were some hiccups along the way.
It's been my experience that those that have gone through the tunnel are more "sensitive" to people hiding their emotional, mental, memory, sex drive, etc "masks". I know my ex's uncle mentioned he thought there was something different about her a few years prior to BD. Of course that was hindsight on his part, but he's "sensitive" to such things wink Could you have been spotted by somebody at that time? Anyone ever come forward and say something about that?

And why would it have been foolish to talk to Ms Wonka about your problems? Who should you have talked to about such things?

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
R
R
Still following along Wonka my dear. Thanks for sharing. I'm learning so much.:)

Me(F):40 WAW:44
T:13yrs M:9yrs
BD:2/12 (I saw a text)
ILYBINILWY: 5/12
PA admission: 12/12 (began 3/11)
S:2/13
Moves in w/AP D begins: 7/13
W moves home to R: 10/13
B
B
Wonka thank you for sharing this with us. I am reading along. Listening and taking note in the back of the class..

TPS
Me: 44 H: 42
M14 T17
S10 D7
10/10 H moves out after death of his father-same month
21/04/12 H is 'DONE'
04/05/12 OW/PA confirmed (rumors from 2010)
July '14 H ends affair
May '15 H moves back home
R
R
Wonka recently a coworker decided to leave her H. I don't know her too well other than she just turned 40. She came into my office and said that she decided to leave him, that she was young and vibrant. That she was stagnant in the M. That she wanted to experience life. She does have children. She is in process of divorcing him and she left with the kids all in a matter of months. When she speaks to me It reminds of when someone is about to commit suicide. They are happy and focused. They have this sense of relief. But I think the opposite is true.

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

A
AJM Offline
A
It's funny to see that side of it, isn't it Rick? The next part up in that process is for her come up with "reasons" why she needs to leave him. Why she married the wrong person smile

I did actually think my ex was suicidal when she did this kind of thing. It was interesting to watch to say the least.

AJ

Put the glass down...
R
R
AJ it's very interesting now that my head is out for air. Yeah, this is very recent for her. Talks about all the fun she is having to other coworkers and how great her life is right now. She is actually kind of cocky if you ask me. It reminds me of exw during the beginning of my stich. When I was begging and pleading and negotiating I asked her How you gonna pay for the horse, the house the new Honda Pilot. She said "I will just have to work harder". Ex does make a lot of money but not enough to pay for her hobby. Sadly my D turned 17 end of December. I asked her if was getting the PS4. She said no, that it cost too much and her mom didn't have the money. Sadly I'm broke too. The fun does go away.

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

A
AJM Offline
A
Not to hijack the thread (hi Jack) but...

I don't know that the fun goes away. It changes. It heavily impacts the kids - that cannot be avoided although we are obligated to minimize it.

I also don't know that cocky is the way I would describe that. It seems more like a peacock to me when I see it. Kind of like, "Look. I'm happier now. Look at me and how happy I am now that I left that dead weight."

What goes up...

AJ

Put the glass down...
L
L
When I asked Smokey if the pain goes away when he is doing his "partying," he said, "It never goes away, even when I was on vacation with OW."

Is that him telling me what I want to hear? Or does the Peacock walk around with a shallow happiness? The kind that isn't real and only gives the illusion of being happy. Is the peacock strutting simply for our benefit and collapses once others aren't around?

"You know, it's times like these when I realize what a superhero I am." Tony Stark/Iron Man

“Focus on what you can do, then do it with all your heart.” Lois Wilson
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard