Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
T
OP Offline
T
I think W has some left-over under the sink..... smile

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

M
M
Yep, Ang. I, too, once thought a PA would be a deal-killer. Then I thought that certain behaviors withing a PA would be. I keep finding that I'm willing to give more as each of these boundaries are breached - so far!

~
MH
A
AJM Offline
A
That's about how I see it, MH. I think many of us see it the same way and experience it the same way. Otherwise we never would have come here, right? We'd just walk off into the sunset.

That said, there is an end to the boundaries. There comes a point where you are out of pavement and you'll eventually find it as you're tested.

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
J
J
Originally Posted By: AJM
That's about how I see it, MH. I think many of us see it the same way and experience it the same way. Otherwise we never would have come here, right? We'd just walk off into the sunset.

That said, there is an end to the boundaries. There comes a point where you are out of pavement and you'll eventually find it as you're tested.

AJ

Agree. ^^^^

And Angela, to find out H was in love with Massage Girl, wanting to move in together etc was a kick in the heart for me. But the lies were the worst, I agree, simply because I was absolutely positive his relationship wouldn't last. Delusion? Possibly lol, but whatever works....

You never know, really, as aJ said where your pavement ends.

A
AJM Offline
A
Hey T2. Any word?

AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
T
OP Offline
T
Hi AJ,

Yes, this afternoon I called, and...

S3's MRI was normal! So just some migraine issues then...the meds should be at therapeutic levels in a week or so.

Ok, one issue down, next one, please...

And the next one was what to do about all the school he missed, the school has some flexibility and ideas in mind and is willing to work with us starting fresh in two weeks at the new semester, giving the meds time to get to therapeutic levels...

Another issue down, next...lol!

One action item at a time.

My ex-marine buddy calls me M1A1, cuz I'm like a tank, bulldoze it, run it over, or blow it up, and keep going...lol!

T2 got the first of his new enterprise storage gear at work, so I'm in nerd heaven...

I was checking in with W before work, she was in the bathroom, door closed (lol), she popped it open and said "You sound like you're getting sick" ( I am). Got a "ohhh" in that female way of feeling bad for someone. She then rounded up a bunch of Airborne and throat drops for me, shoving them in my hands almost, lol.

Then apologized for venting to me when I was working last night when I didn't feel good. That there is old W behavior.

It is interesting feeling cared about, this is new, again. smile

W was really nice yesterday morning, we were talking about kid stuff, and she had just gotten done with her shower thus she was talking to me wrapped in just her towel in the LR....oh my...that is new... up until then it was talking through the bathroom door.

When I went to band practice Wed. night, she was kind of excited and into it for me. She initiated asking me how band practice went...that is new. And initiated "have a nice day".

If I had received a hug I would think I was back 4 years ago...

And even tonight after work she came into the MBR to initiate updating ME on her day and stuff. First initiation in a long, long time that way and coming to the MBR.

Glad I have all these new listening skills and such.

I'm putting life together again, one piece at a time.

There seems to be an improved "air" about the house and her, some settling in, taking interest in the life in front of her, which ain't too bad.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

In the depths of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer. - Albert Camus

Uncertainty is the very condition which impels people to unfold their powers.-Eric Fromm

T
OP Offline
T
And thank you for asking, I appreciate it AJ...I was going to get around to posting tonight since my Friday afternoon got a little crazy at work.

T
OP Offline
T
Things seem to be continuing in a positive way...

W backslid and has called me "honey" twice in 3 days or so, gee, go from once a year to twice in a weekend! And "hon" has crept back into my vocab. She has started initiating check-ins, even coming into the MBR to find me.

One night she was in poor sorts, I asked if anything I could do, listen, etc. She was all bunched up and really frustrated. But couldn't talk, saying "honey, you know when I am like this I can't talk" I just said okay, and went downstairs to read.

She called home next day to check up, saying she was anxious all morning to call and talk to me and explain. She did. She said she felt bad because she knows what it's like to see someone in turmoil and want to help, but that she was just in "that" place, and that I know when she is like that she can't talk. I said "I know, I just forgot". I told her I realized at the time what was up and accepted her and her mood and let it go. I was fine.

Later she "actually" came into the man-cave, twice, started to sit on the couch (far end) but changed to the chair and talked to me about S3 stuff. And she kept coming down to where s3 and his friend were, and acknowledging me over in the man-cave.

Seems a new "comfort" and "ease" is developing.

Me? I just do what I do, go about the needful. I am thinking of some gentle changes I have wanted to make for a while, I think now is a time I can do so...just dial them in slowly. Dial back on the "Aloof" a wee bit. A wee bit more present and available. Roll form there...see what happens.

T
OP Offline
T
Oh, I did have first band practice...another scheduled this week. If this project flies then it will be darn close to ideal...all the players have real, professional jobs, and just want to create original music and play out every 4-6 weeks.

Still cooking, W seems to be trying to get to a place where we work together on foods, menus, budget...slowly, but getting there.

umm...yeah...guess my internal grin inched up a wee bit these days.

U
U
Originally Posted By: TSquared2
I am thinking of some gentle changes I have wanted to make for a while, I think now is a time I can do so...just dial them in slowly. Dial back on the "Aloof" a wee bit. A wee bit more present and available. Roll form there...see what happens.

I like that, my friend. ^^^^. wink And happy to hear the rest. I will smile big for you until you can catch up. Cuz that's just how I roll. smile

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard