Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
L
L
I think that's a good idea.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
K
KdogGS Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Nothing too new on my side. W is stopping by the house while I'm at work today (as far as I know) to pick up the hard drive and accumulated mail in the garage. I'm curious if she'll stop to see the dog or check out the inside of the house, other times she definitely has not. I made sure to clean up the house just in case she does venture inside.

She was so intent on 12/23/2013 on having this done before the New Year. She has not followed up with me (knock on wood) if I received the paperwork, and to my knowledge her lawyer never checked with my lawyer to make sure we got it, which I thought would be pretty standard. Send a fax, call after a bit to make sure they received it and maybe set a timeframe to review it.

Also, I guess I find it odd that she wanted it done so quickly, and now she hasn't mentioned anything and she wanted to refinance the house by the end of February in her name which would take at least 30 days. I thought she would be bothering me about it a lot more, at least that's what I expected and prepared myself for. Luckily, it has not come to fruition yet.

I know we could be mind reading and way off, but any thoughts on what's going on here? Chalk it up to WAW weirdness?

H: 29
WAXW: 30

Bomb Drop- 9/9/13
Negotiated Settlement- 5/9/14
D Final- 5/21/14
XW has breakdown in attorney lobby- 5/30/14
K
KdogGS Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I'm interested to see when I return home this evening if W lets the dog in when she stops by the house. It's nasty, chilly and raining outside, it would definitely be the kind thing to do for the dog's sake.

Bomb Drop- 9/9/13
D Final- 5/21/14
K
KdogGS Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Well, in typical WAW fashion, W never even stopped by the house last night to pick up the items like she said she would. The wait is on.

Much ado about nothing.

Bomb Drop- 9/9/13
D Final- 5/21/14
L
L
Here's where you really work on detaching.

We tend to attach meaning to so many things that simply have no meaning.

Give yourself a break, let that go.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
G
G
Kdog, it's been awhile since I stopped by.

First, glad you took the advice not to send the letters. I think it's good for you to write them but don't send them. Keep them for your own personal growth.
Letters rarely have any effect on inlaws.

This is a long process, She said she wanted this wrapped up by the new year. The WAW says a lot of things. The reality is that it will take time.

My ex took 2.5 years to finally file. Yes 2.5 years.

I don't believe the WAW spends too much time thinking about how fast they want a D.

Hang tight, detach and prepare for either outcome. Trust me, regardless of the out come, you will be just fine.

gr8

Bomb 8/09. Brief piecing 12/10. D-2/12
Two incredible kids D9,S6 Leading new life!
“Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person we become."
W
W
KDog,

Not stopping by the house had nothing to do with being 'typical WAS'..it had more to do with the weather. When the weather is so blah, I just don't like to go out and fight with the umbrella along with cold temps.

K
KdogGS Offline OP
OP Offline
K
You're all correct, I shouldn't read anything in to her not stopping by. It could have been for any number of reasons.

In other news, my cousin moved across the country for a new job and when she got there, she had no job. So she is coming to stay with me for a week, and potentially live here in a few months.

Bomb Drop- 9/9/13
D Final- 5/21/14
K
KdogGS Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Went on a bowling date with a random internet girl last night. It was one of those where she looked a lot better in her picture. I bowled a great game though and had some fun!

My cousin is visiting and that's going really well. I am still just focusing on GAL'ing and staying busy.

W still hasn't picked up the stuff in the garage, and no word from her since my birthday. No followup on divorce paperwork either.

Bomb Drop- 9/9/13
D Final- 5/21/14
K
KdogGS Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Today I am taking my cousin to my meetup group hike. I also invited another girl I started talking to online yesterday. I strictly have in that profile that I'm looking for friends. There should be 20 people there, so a lot less pressure than the other night bowling where it was just the two of us blind date style. We're both bringing our dogs as well, I hope mine doesn't eat hers. She has a 4 pounder.

Anyway, I'm focusing on GAL'ing right now. Like others have mentioned that start going out with people, the dating world is rough! I forgot just how rough it is. I asked dental school girl for brutally honest feedback on how our coffee meeting went. She said I was fun to be around, but she did not feel an instant connection. She did tell me she really respected me for asking. I told her I'm not a good mind reader, therefore I have to ask things. She really seemed to lighten up after I asked, and said we could hang out again sometime and gave me her facebook info and told me to friend her. I mean we randomly met up and talked fluidly for an hour and a half, so we had to have some connection.

I'm just taking it one day at a time. Still no W contact.

Bomb Drop- 9/9/13
D Final- 5/21/14
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard