D started-full force
-----------------------
Dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion and
you’re gonna hear me ROAR
W
W
Now you're talking for real! That's more like it, WR! grin

Hope you have a quiet and peaceful night.

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Wonka!!

Plan to go get the flu shot and take a long hot shower.......works for me!

M 16 T 20
M 41 H 39 S 19 S 15
Bomb drop April 4;
Moved out April 13
D started-full force
-----------------------
Dancing through the fire
P
P
WR,

Goodness, your SIL has some issues! Her message seemed like she was in the middle of a conversation in her head and only bits of it made it out. I am sorry you have to deal with that. Try not to let it sting, even though I know that is hard.

I agree with the others, I would answer this one with silence as well. But, if it continues, I would respond with a please do not e-mail me anymore and if you do again, I will be required to take more formal action. If I recall correctly, you are not in the States and laws and options are very different in the States than they are elsewhere. It may be that a harassment suit is not available to to you or that it is quite a stringent test. At least if you convey this to SIL, she may stop. Perhaps check with your lawyer as to your options and an appropriate response, if the e-mails continue.

In the end, you want to make sure not to jepardize any of your interests for that turkey.

As for H, what a trout! Again, I agree with the others, might as well ask him what he is missing and get it over with. Besides, take the high road and let him stew. The fact that he is begrudging his son keeping some of his old stuff just proves how mucked up his mind is. My W is such a loser, looking out for my kids! Yep, that'll work.

Try to keep your sense of humour, WR, even when it is hard. Especially when things are hard.

Take care!

W
W
WR,

Checking in on you...how's things with you? H being quiet?

W
OP Offline
W
Hi Portia, you're right, the entire family has issues and seem to blame me for it all! I haven't heard from her since but it would seem the consensus is it's a matter of time.

Hi Wonka.....thanks for asking. I messaged him yesterday morning, as you wrote, and have not heard back. I did add an "also, need the login info from the joint account" so who knows.

Got a message from my lawyer. I need to provide documentation about the debt he came into the marriage with and my inheritance.......he just doesn't get it

M 16 T 20
M 41 H 39 S 19 S 15
Bomb drop April 4;
Moved out April 13
D started-full force
-----------------------
Dancing through the fire
J
J
Wow. Your ILs are precious, aren't they??

For what it is worth after the fact, I agree withthegirls, in the response to the text. Make him work for it.

Right now it feels like this is the only way he knows how to reach out, in anger and frustration. I used to poke the bears because I didn't like how I was feeling so I might as well make others feel like crap too.

I recognize this behaviour. And what is it you are missing specifically is the perfect response. It would have peeved me, because that wasn't the real point of the text lmao!!

Congrats on S in college. Just got one there myself :))

W
OP Offline
W
Hi guys.....been a way for a while. Was doing really well and the last two days I've just been blah. You understand. smile.

KP thanks for stopping in! Precious is one word we can use. Since my last post SIL #2 not only blocked me on FB but the boys....so #1 unfriended them and now #2 blocked the. Nice, eh. Boys asked me why and my response "who gives a $hit. They're crazy and not worth it!" I don't care if it was right or wrong to say.....they don't to get just dispresect my children.
You make a very interesting point KP......poking the bear is the only way he knows to make contact. After my text I have not received another one since.......odd, as it's hard to get your stuff back if you don't tell me what you're missing.....hmmm. Lol.
Congrats on your "baby" starting college.....it's proud times!!

Although I have not heard from h I did hear from his lawyer. He wants copies of the canceled cheque, from my parents, as he is now contesting the amount they gave me, by a few thousand, so my parents have had to approach the bank to go back 16 years. I also have to find the cancelled cheque from H's pre-marital debt as he's also contesting that amount.. I was furious. His L said it's my problem as the files are in my the house. Told my L I'm done doing stuff for H and he's welcome to come look himself. Of course, she's like it's better for you blah, blah, blah......regardless iive looked and cannot find it so now I'm working with the bank. H's L has also asked for S19's proof of registration, income, hours etc. Had to ask S19 for it all and he stated giving me attitude about it wanting to know, and I'm done, so I said "because your dad does not want to give me full child support for you he wants to find out how much you make so he can give me less as I'm. Supposed to get the money from you". Again, I know I probably shouldn't have but it's the truth and I'm tired of getting my head bit off from everyone as I try and get everything figured out.

In one of the letters from H's L the second paragraph reads, where's he asking for the info this is how it starts...
"Mr H advises that your client has told the children not to provide any documentation to him of any sort. Kindly have your client obtain......."

I hit the roof. ANOTHER dig. I phoned my L and said they need to get the proof or shut the F up! I said I was tired of this and that I had talked to the boys and asked if I had said that or if they had interpreted something I said that way. They said no and that H had never even asked for any paperwork. The man was too scared to ask so he has to get me to do it and get a dig in!! My L tied telling me it wasn't accusing me and I told her I knew my H and knew exactly the game he's playing and with all the $hit from him and his family I wa going to lose it on all of them. That I had remained silent up until now but I was going to make this ugly if that's what he really wanted. I said I raise these boys all on my own, and that's fine, but he cannot attack me in the process. She said nothing was proven in a court at which I yelled, into my phone, BECAUSE ITS NOT TRUE!

My L responded and her first paragraph read
"As a preliminary, my client is frustrated at the stream of unfounded allegations coming from your client relative to her discussions with the children. At no time did she ever suggest to the children that they not provide your client with documents. Both children have told their mother that your client has never had any discussions with either child relative to providing documents. This sort of unfounded attack is troubling and not helpful in moving towards relaolution".

Oh and a funny side note I saw that H changed his profile pic to the monopoly man with his pockets turned out saying he's broke. This was a pic he had from a few years back at which I jokingly said "yes, cause I need pretty things! Lol". Some family member, whom he has never met, talked to or knows us in any way than what MiL has said "you're broke but happy" I laughed and laughed and laughed. Thought you loser!! Not only do you put that as your profile pic but leave my old comment there for effect. I guess my GAL photos aren't going over well.

H has contact S19 to go for dinner tomorrow night, he tried last week too, so we'll see what happens with that now.

Thanks for listening guys smile

M 16 T 20
M 41 H 39 S 19 S 15
Bomb drop April 4;
Moved out April 13
D started-full force
-----------------------
Dancing through the fire
W
OP Offline
W
Just got off the phone with H AND surprisingly polite!! WOW He wanted to talk to S14, but he's still sleeping as school is a late start, (which I explained) and H said I am trying to get together with S19 tonight and would like to see if S14 wants to come. (HERE IT IS!) I've tried calling a couple times and you told him I called he just hasn't called back but if you could tell him again. (ME in shock...Sure) Ok Thank you (the full word!)

No malice (I think he understood I'd be the one answering so no surprise on his end) but it was quite a shock to be treated like a human being.

M 16 T 20
M 41 H 39 S 19 S 15
Bomb drop April 4;
Moved out April 13
D started-full force
-----------------------
Dancing through the fire
job Offline
WR,
Be very careful and stay alert. Your h may not realize that you already know about his latest complaints that he fed his lawyer. Generally when they are nice and polite, they are up to something. I've seen this time and again and it's the dance. Next time, he'll be slamming you for something. It's the good cop/bad cop routine that they love to us on us. Please don't be lulled into a sense of security because he's not done yet.

BTW, if he's called your S14 a number of times, then he should wait for him to return the call or not. He should realize that if his son hasn't called him, maybe your son doesn't want to speak w/him. You need to get yourself out of the middle of this phone tag business and let the two of them deal w/it. I know you really want them to have a relationship...but your son is old enough to determine whether he wants to deal w/his father or not.

I do hope that you and your sons are doing well in spite of his latest antics.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard