Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
w8ing Offline OP
OP Offline
W
Wow, Ambivalent. My dad had his crisis when I was in college. I have long forgiven, but never forgot. They are still married and I don't know how because it was a long road for them. Many years of back and forth. I know that as I have gone through all of this, he has been quiet at times because he did the same thing to his wife. He did make it through and truly loves and cares for my mom. He takes care of her as she is not very mobile but he did put us all through so much. I have never looked at him with the same eyes since it all happened. But he is a good person now...not the selfish man he was in crisis.

Thank you for your words of support. I really appreciate it!

w8ing
W
w8ing Offline OP
OP Offline
W
I just spoke to my daughter's doctor. I can't force her to see any type of mental health professional - the age for consent in my state is 14. How in the world does a 14 year old know what is best for them?

In any event, the doctor wants to see her and just talk so I am going to try and get my daughter to talk to her.

I'm also going to try and get in to see someone so I can somehow get equipped to deal with this.

This bomb is so much worse than the divorce bomb.

w8ing
B
B
That is so smart for you to see someone to that can guide you. It is also great modeling behavior that your daughter can see how you get help to work on your issues.

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard