Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
2old Offline OP
OP Offline
New thread starts here...

quote=2old
2old Offline OP
OP Offline
So it has been over a week since my last post..Working is definately theraputic and a relief also. Building from the ground back up again is certainly not easy however. Lots of things to get in the way so I keep working through them one thing at a time.

With Thanksgiving fast approaching like many others I find myself fighting to keep a PMA. Oh, I am trying very hard and no matter the mood of the moment like many others we all end up getting thru it. I am fighting with myself to not reach out with emailing WAW a happy thanksgiving wish. The 2 different trains of thought about staying completely quiet and/or peeking out seem a no win in either case for my sitch.

Some say stay dark as a possible with hope of the WAS getting to miss you. Others say peek out occassionally to not let the WAS forget about you. Two different scenarios with 2 different possible outcomes. Or, no matter what one tries it may all end up the same way anyways.

To the friends of Db who read and comment regularly and even new comments from others on my post I want to just say this. Of late I have truely been doing better with the new move, new job and a real GAL. It's just that being human with all the real emotions and weaknesses we as human beings have sometimes we cant help but to feel down. Especially with these dang holidays so quickly approaching!

So I ask, if there are any 2 x 4's coming please use a soft Santa stick..hehe..

quote=2old
T
T
lol No 2x4s from me smile did you read the rejoice ministries email today? I think it is probably just what you need to hear at this time smile You wonder where the WAS's will be this thanksgiving and will they feel like an alien in amongst other families celebrating together and trying to fit in. Maybe send her an email saying happy thanksgiving, and wish her all the best at this time. I don't know really, see what others say smile

H47 me48
T22 M21
S20 - Got high functioning autism
3/2000 H admits to OW and moves out to live with her
11/2000 H moves back home
2/4/13 H moves out
H tells me he wants D 6/13, but now he can't afford to!
2old Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, I read what Rejoice Ministries had to say about the 3 thanksgivings..lol..thx TTD...Oh I know where she will be, at her sons with her family around her.

quote=2old
A
A
Originally Posted By: 2old

With Thanksgiving fast approaching like many others I find myself fighting to keep a PMA.

Our tradition was always to go to MIL's house. Last year W continued that tradition, without me of course. Oh but OM was there! So I did some stuff around the house, went and saw a friend, played around with my motorcycles. I had fun in spite of my sitch. This year I have the kids, so we're going to Houston to visit my mom. My brother and sister are going to meet us there. My mom always puts on a big spread of food at Christmas, but this is the first time we'll be there for Thanksgiving. My kids are really excited about it smile So we're making a new tradition! So that's my advice, make plans to do something fun whatever that may be. Go visit other relatives. Go to a movie. Tinker with a project. Don't fret over what you're not doing, focus on what you are doing.

Quote:
I am fighting with myself to not reach out with emailing WAW a happy thanksgiving wish.

Why? Are you afraid she'll say "oh I was this close to reconciling, but now he said Happy Thanksgiving! The nerve! I'll never get back together with this jerk!!" wink Seriously, wishing her Happy Thanksgiving is not a deal-breaker! But like I said earlier, do it with no expectations of a response. Do it because it's being true to who you are.

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
S
S
Originally Posted By: TryingToDo180
did you read the rejoice ministries email today?

Thanks for sharing TTD. Holidays are tough and sometimes the little reminders are helpful.

Stay strong!

Me-48,W-51
M-22,T-24
S- 18,16,9
Feb-Jul '11 Away from Home, after initial B date
Aug-Dec '11 Back at Home on couch
Dec '11-now Same bedroom, room mates only
Dec '14 W files initial D paperwork
T
T
You're welcome Semper smile Glad it helped smile I'm glad AS agreed with me about sending her an email to say happy thanksgiving. It's a little reminder to her that you're still thinking of her and wishing her all the best smile Isn't thanksgiving also about giving thanks to others? Maybe you could also say to her, as it's thanksgiving I would also like to thank you for being a great mum to our sons and I hope you enjoy your day with them. Just my 2 cents worth smile

H47 me48
T22 M21
S20 - Got high functioning autism
3/2000 H admits to OW and moves out to live with her
11/2000 H moves back home
2/4/13 H moves out
H tells me he wants D 6/13, but now he can't afford to!
H
H
2old, the holiday season does make it hard, but you know you can do it. Get out and get your mind on something else.

ME:51 W:46
M:25
S:22, S:20
Divorced 16/9/15
BD 10/12
W left 12/12 with OW, affair confirmed Nov/12.
Dark since 6/13
I"m in a new relationship since Feb 14.
R
R
Happy Thanksgiving buddy. You are not alone remember that. And I still don't like the 2old thingy. Let's think something else. Maybe 2cool, 2free, 2muchforu, 2oldforme. I like that better > 2oldforme lol

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

H
H
Party at my house all welcome. I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, well Australia doesn't, but all welcome to come and show me what it's all about.
2old, for Xmas I will be going to an orphans xmas party. It has been put on by the bike club for many years. It is a xmas party for those members who don't have family to celebrate with, whatever reason.
Try finding out if something like that is happening in your part of the world.

ME:51 W:46
M:25
S:22, S:20
Divorced 16/9/15
BD 10/12
W left 12/12 with OW, affair confirmed Nov/12.
Dark since 6/13
I"m in a new relationship since Feb 14.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard