Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
subguy #2395610 10/20/13 12:43 AM
W
W
In Divorce Care group we talked about that this week. All the losses, it's not just "husband" or "wife" role it's a whole slew of identities and dreams that are crushed. Sadly, it's still the road most traveled (by at least 50% of us) but at least we're not alone in travelling it!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
subguy #2396130 10/21/13 08:02 PM
Subguy,

Wii is right... at least we don't have to travel this road alone. We're right there with ya, friend.

Have fun with your biking adventures. I do miss those rides with my XH. Now my D16 is his biker babe. She loves it more than I did too (which was a lot).

Dating. Since this is the topic of the threads down here I've actively been posting on, just a few words on getting you back. You're going to have to do the lion's share of that work without a sidekick - because in the future, your identity should be entirely about you and your needs going forward. (I do not mean that in a self-absorbed manner, but moderately selfish in a good way.)

Don't look at your dates as serious potential - just a simple desire to connect with other human beings (who may just happen to be chicks) and take the pressure off yourself? Learn how to identify red flags and act on them if necessary. My guess is if you really learn how to use that filter, you won't have to wonder if she's good for you. And if those red flags appear early on, nip them in the bud.

A friend of mine (ok, who happens to be a medium, but whatever) told me that my filter was broken - that I give people I don't know too much benefit of the doubt. He told me to stop it. It's one thing to give people we know the benefit of the doubt, but not strangers. You have to protect yourself from the emotional vampires, so learn how to develop this sort of awareness.

I know, it's also my work in progress too.

Somehow, you seem like the sort of guy who will find his "sea legs" pretty quickly (sorry for the pun!). At least promise yourself that you won't get serious with someone until you DO know when you've done enough work to get involved again?

Good luck--

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
Underdog #2399024 10/30/13 02:26 AM
S
subguy Offline OP
OP Offline
S

Quote:
Wii is right... at least we don't have to travel this road alone. We're right there with ya, friend.

Thank you... I appreciate that.

Well, where has the lady i use to know as my wife gone to?? My Daughter somehow got a case of head lice and it seems that my wife is not doing her part of picking the nits out when she has her for her week. I am not sure how to combat this as her hair is not getting cleaned out. I may take her to the doctors and see if there is anything they can help me with.

Before my x would have been all over this, now not so much. My d is frustrated with me because I am making her lay down so i can try to get the nits before they hatch out. UUGGHH!!

You can not change your past, but you can ruin a perfectly good present by worrying about the future.
subguy #2399148 10/30/13 03:00 PM
B
B
Head lice is the worst! My one experience with it when my youngest daughter had it was that I had to wash ALL of the bedding and we ALL had to shampoo with the headlice treatment RIDIT (I think that is what it was called). If you aren't diligent about it, the darn things never go away!

BA

J
J
RID, NiX are both good. And BA is right, diligence is key. Look into Tea Tree Oil also as it can be added to shampoo, rinse, body wash ect.

BITS
Me 55, ACK, when did that happen? Doesn't feel like 55
D 30
S 27

You create your own universe as you go along - Winston Churchill
S
S
Sorry about your daughter SG. Do whatever you can and I'm sure it will turn out ok.

Me- 34 W-33
S15 S10 S6
Married- 11 Together- 18
Bomb- 6-2011
WAW moves out- 8-2011

"Nothing in the Universe can stop you from letting go and starting over at anytime"- Guy Finley
S
subguy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Lice are a pesky problem and yes diligence is key to getting rid of the little buggers. I realize she (my D) is young and does not want me to pick through her hair and will fight me on it but I will do what I must.

Originally Posted By: JustStunned
RID, NiX are both good. And BA is right, diligence is key. Look into Tea Tree Oil also as it can be added to shampoo, rinse, body wash ect.

Tea tree oil, huh... I'll look at getting some. Thanks

As far as my X not taking the time to clean her hair well, that is on her. I will talk with her about cleaning her linen's and picking through her hair. We have to work together to get rid of the lice. If she does not do her part, I'll worry about that when/if that happens.

I have my first meeting with the exec group coming up and I need to start on my presentation. I plan on having it done by the end of the weekend. I am looking forward to meeting regularly with people who are working at improving themselves and building a business.

It's almost the end of the riding season, unless I invest in some heated gear and that is expensive. I'll def. get some in the future. Everyone at works makes mention of me being a wild hog after the John Travolta movie, lol. I wonder if Marissa Torme is married...

You can not change your past, but you can ruin a perfectly good present by worrying about the future.
subguy #2399453 10/31/13 01:59 PM
S
subguy Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Quote:
It's almost the end of the riding season, unless I invest in some heated gear and that is expensive. I'll def. get some in the future. Everyone at works makes mention of me being a wild hog after the John Travolta movie, lol. I wonder if Marissa Torme is married...

Darn messed that up, Marisa Tomei. I should have googled her name first lol.

subguy #2399504 10/31/13 03:57 PM
L
L
Maybe you have a thing for Mel Torme... but he'd dead. smile

Lice, yuck but just another part of parenting.

I like the sound of the executive group, it's wonderful to surround yourself with people who are on a positive path. It helps improve your game.

Thanks for visiting me at my new home.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
labug #2399554 10/31/13 06:13 PM
LOL, Mel Torme made me laugh!

Subguy, I got lice in high school (it was way gross and I fainted when my mom told me). From what I remember - because I deliberately shove that memory in the bowels of my mind - it took that RID shampoo to get them off my body. No nit picking would do, as they lay those gross little eggs. And I remember my mom doing mounds of laundry for the next week.

And now that I see the true origin of the word nit picking, I think I'm going to take a Tums...

Good luck!

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard