Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
S
S
I read that as -71 - way too cold. But 71 sounds fantastic!

Barb

B
B
After re-reading my post I can see how you would get -71 out of that - damn minus sign!

So I sent Barbara a short "hello hope you are have a nice day" email this morning mentioning absolutely nothing about getting together. She responded back about an hour later saying she was going to have to bow out of this weekend. She has too much going on with her daughter and girlfriends. It was a nice email - not short and blunt. She gave me some details about what she had planned, how busy her life has been these past 3 weeks and some other stuff. It was a good email I think. Plus when she said she is bowing out of "this weekend" I find that a positive in that she simply isn't bowing out completely. Bottomline - I am taking consistent doses of chill pills and I'm going to stop thinking so much!!!

This weekend I'm playing golf on Saturday morning. I am thinking of going to the CAPs hockey game Saturday night and then on Sunday I'm going to head over to a friends house to help him repair some drywall in his basement. My plan is to stay busy busy busy and forget the fact that I turned 55 on Thursday! grin

Today I am enjoying a self-induced day off, since I can't take tomorrow or Friday off due to some mandatory meetings I have to attend.

BA

Happy birthday, BA!

Quote:
Bottom line - I am taking consistent doses of chill pills and I'm going to stop thinking so much!!!

LOL, I think we're all guilty of this now and then, BA. There are days when I grow weary of living inside my head, and I yell at myself. It can be frustrating! Then you add my anxiety issues on top of it and there are days when I'm a mess.

Quote:
My plan is to stay busy busy busy and forget the fact that I turned 55 on Thursday!

Can we pretend that we're still in the 40s? I'd really go for that myself. 41 sounds way better than 51...

Enjoy yourself!

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
W
W
Happy Birthday, BA! Wow, you look great for 31!!! grin

Wonka #2399613 10/31/13 08:52 PM
W
W
I like 55...it's an easy number to remember! Happy birthday BA.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
Wonka #2399614 10/31/13 08:52 PM
B
B
Thanks Betsey and Wonka! Ah 31 - now THOSE were the days my friend!! smile

I am quite overwhelmed with the volume and sincerity of birthday wishes I have received today. I have wonderful friends and family and I'm feeling quite blessed right now!!! Yes, even Barbara sent me a nice birthday wish. She told me to "stay away from the goblins but close to the witches, because that is what she is dressed up for halloween."

My girls are headed over in a few minutes to celebrate my birthday with me. Looking forward to seeing them and then heading out a little later for a drink with Marianne. Speaking of Marianne, her new profile popped up as a daily match for me today! I thought it was pretty funny actually. In her new profile, the person she is describing that she is looking for is basically - me! I'm not going to try and figure that one out!

Happy Halloween everyone - celebrate my birthday by giving out some candy to all the little witches and goblins!

BA

#2399627 10/31/13 09:17 PM
B
B
Thanks GM!! Oh one more thing that I'm almost afraid to say on the chance it might jinx me. It has been more than a week since I've heard from Fran! smile

BA

W
W
That's your birthday present lol!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
W
Originally Posted By: BeginningAgain
Thanks GM!! Oh one more thing that I'm almost afraid to say on the chance it might jinx me. It has been more than a week since I've heard from Fran! smile

Oh Lord!! You hafta say this on a Halloween night!!?? shocked crazy

G
OP Offline
G
Hope your birthday was terrific!

And, one note regarding Marianne. Some people don't know what they are looking for even when it's right under their nose!

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard