Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
F
F
Betsy...

Finn has not tried the diet. She has autism and has food avoidance issues so we are worried about maintaining the levels of ketones she would need.

We are going to be asking about the FDA trial of medical marijuana that is becoming available. Our state isn't a legal state yet so this would be our only option to try MMJ without moving.

W
W
Hey BA,

Well done!!! You've followed the contract to the letter and fulfilled the requirements HANDSOMELY Mr. Stud Muffin. grin

Greg Louganis is officially off the market having just gotten married to his husband who he met through Match.com!! So what comes to mind is Randy from Tia and Randy skating pair. GG, do I get a cookie for this 'right' guess??! laugh

Hey folks...I gotta share something here that will make you shake your head and ROFLAMO.

Tonight, I tuned to the Shark Tank show which I haven't watched in ages. There was this couple that came on trying to sell a product called the "Elephant Chat." The premise of this product is to "save thousands of marriages" which made my ears perk up and sit up straighter in my recliner chair.

The "Elephant Chat" is a product where a hand-sized stuffy elephant is encased in a cube-shaped box that is encased in a cube cover. When there's an issue that bothers a spouse or a nagging problem eating at the spouse, one spouse will place the elephant in the desired spot and lift the cover as a signal to have "the talk." That alerts to the other spouse that it is coming and to allow him/her to mentally prepare for "the talk." Also the spouse who holds the stuffed elephant has the floor before handing it over to the other spouse so s/he can talk uninterrupted.

Now...the funny part is that the sale price of the product is $59.00. Of course, the sharks couldn't help giggling and rolling their eyes at their odd ball sales pitch. Kevin, the grumpy shark, says there's a zillion of stuffed animals that cost only $1.99. Why would someone buy "Elephant Chat" for almost $60.00...the great consumer rip-off!

Then Robert Haravajec asks the couple how long they've been married....13 months!!! Robert just bursts out laughing and says to come back later as he's been married for 23-years. After much probing questions, it turns out that the couple sold about 500 units of the product to mostly marriage counselors!!!! shocked shocked crazy

Why on the earth would marriage counselors love "Elephant Chat"?? According to the couple doing the sales pitch, they claim that MC therapists like it since people pick up random objects like pencils, etc when doing MC. CRRRAAAAZY!

Of course, all the Sharks said they're "out" and no deals took place.

Wow.

[shaking my head ....walking away with my security blankie in tow] cool

Wonka #2398000 10/27/13 02:29 AM
Wonka, Wonka, Wonka,

I don't need to get GG to weigh in, because.... Randy Gardner came out of the closet some years ago? LOL. You are just too much! grin

I guess that dumb elephant is supposed to be the elephant in the living room? That sounds really dumb. No wonder the sharks passed.

Off to take a long bath by candlelight. I was out with a friend really late last night and need a little R&R tonight.

Cheers....

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
G
OP Offline
G
Date Update:
I hiked at Red Rocks on Sat. with the EMT. The insane workout was postponed until later in the day and that didn't fit with my schedule. We hiked the last 40 minutes in silence with him asking about 10 times what I was going to have for breakfast. No real connection with him and he's lost in figuring out his spiritual path. Actually, he doesn't have one. That won't work for me, so I exited out of that one.

Date #2 texts at 10:30 Sat. morning saying he met someone the night before and wouldn't be meeting me because he's a 'one gal guy.' Okay.....He better not call in a week when one of them realizes it's not a match!

I responded to a very witty email, he called and we got together to watch the Cards win game 3. Nice back up plan, huh? This guy is a HUGE golfer and does talks about golf and life and is writing a book about it. He's very funny and we had a great time. Potential there....

Date #3 The Olympian. Alex M who didn't get to run the anchor leg of the 400 meter relay team in 1980 due to the boycott. You all had it wrong! He's funny, very cute and fit and employed! What more could a girl ask for? Plus, he's going to fix my fuse...I mean the fuse in my microwave! (that's for you wii)
Again, potential...except he lives down near Colorado Springs, so not geographically desirable. But, he has a Cadillac Escalade and doesn't seem to mind driving it???

That's it for this weekend! smile smile

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
B
B
Wow GG - Sounds like you had my kind of weekend with the multiple dates! Nice to have potential in 2 out of 3 dates as well. Sorry the EMT guy didn't work out but it didn't sound to me like you were really excited about him in the first place - seemed kind of like a safety date.

So you've got yourself an Olympian Sprinter who can service your fuse - sounds like he may be able to give you a run for your money! Oh and the golfer/writer seems promising as well.

As for me, I unfortunately was not able to see Barbara on this weekend as I had hoped. She was going to attend a dinner I had been invited to at the local Golf and Country Club Saturday evening, but because it was going to run pretty late and she had to run the Marine Corps 10K race early Sunday morning she opted out. So yours truly went stag instead. Me and 8 other couples attended, so I was definitely the odd man out. However, the food and atmosphere was great! What was funny is it was clear that a couple of the married men were quite envious of my single life - while I was envious of them having 30 or 40 year successful marriages. Go figure!

On Sunday evening I met up with Marianne and we saw the movie Captain Phillips (which I had already seen once but it is so good I didn't mind seeing it again) and then dinner. It was nice to see her and we (or at least I) seem to be morphing quite well into this friendship category.

I have not responded to any other new Match interests. In fact my subscription is ending soon and I am not planning on renewing for another 3 months. I'm pretty content with Barbara I just hope that she feels the same with me. Slow and easy and time will tell.

BA

W
W
Originally Posted By: Underdog
Wonka, Wonka, Wonka,

I don't need to get GG to weigh in, because.... Randy Gardner came out of the closet some years ago? LOL. You are just too much! grin

Ahh...go ahead and call me a blockhead! crazy grin

Wonka #2398458 10/28/13 06:13 PM
K
kml Offline
K
Quote:
What was funny is it was clear that a couple of the married men were quite envious of my single life - while I was envious of them having 30 or 40 year successful marriages. Go figure!

Ok, if you have never seen the Sondheim musical Company, you must watch it - addresses this very issue! In fact, I think PBS is broadcasting a new version next month with Neil Patrick Harris

kml #2398788 10/29/13 04:03 PM
B
B
I haven't seen the Sondheim Musical Company - but it is now on my list of things to watch.

On another note, I am in a funk and having a bit of a pity party today. My birthday is on Thursday and I am realizing that it is going to be another birthday spent without a solid significant other in my life. This will be my 5th one now. frown

What also is troubling to me is while I'd like to think that my situation with Barbara has relationship potential to it, I'm starting to pick up on some indicators that perhaps she isn't as into it as I had hoped. She cancelled out of Saturday's dinner (which I understood because it was going to run late and she had an early morning race). Late last night she emailed me saying she couldn't commit to doing something this weekend. I had sent her a couple of nice options to consider for either Friday or Saturday and she replied back that she has plans in place for Friday already (work related get together for an employee who is relocating to North Carolina) and her daughter is planning a birthday outing for either Saturday or Sunday but she hasn't been told which day. She is also leaving on an out of town trip early next week for a few days, so I had hoped we would at least see each other before she left on that trip but that is looking less likely now.

I am really so ready to be done with all of this online dating, in fact dating in general. I've pretty much decided that if things with Barbara don't work out I'm going on a dating hiatus, because I'm really not in a good place right now being back to square 1 with someone new. Maybe I'm trying to hard or wanting it too bad.

Ok - so enough complaining as I know that this too will pass. Like I said I'm just in a funk...

BA

W
W
Now, don't jump to conclusions but, in my experience (as limited as it is), if interested a woman will give you other options e.g. "I can't make it this weekend but how about dinner some evening". Maybe she picks up your eagerness and it's a bit overwhelming...or maybe not. We can suppose all sorts of stuff but it is what it is. I think what you have to do is keep in touch with what makes you comfortable. If you find yourself constantly wondering then that's not a good place to be. Give it some time though.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
B
B
Originally Posted By: whatisis
Now, don't jump to conclusions but, in my experience (as limited as it is), if interested a woman will give you other options e.g. "I can't make it this weekend but how about dinner some evening".

Wii - that is exactly what concerns me a bit. She ruled out the options I was providing and didn't recommend one that would work for her. However, there isn't really anything I can do about it, so I'm just taking a chill pill and hoping I am wrong about my intuition. Time will certainly tell.

BA

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard