S
S
Good one, Wonka!

Barb

Wonka #2397402 10/25/13 03:17 AM
B
B
Well far be it from me to break the rules of Appendix XI - so here goes:

So prior to going out tonight, my daughter says to me - "Daddy you are really into this woman so be your awesome self and things will be fine!" Well I guess I was awesome cool because tonight's date was in a word - fantastic! grin We met around 6pm. She greeted me with a hug and a kiss. smile We decided to see an 8pm showing of Gravity which gave us a couple of hours to have a nice relaxing dinner. Started off in the bar with a drink first and talked about our week. Barbara emits this positive energy that is just well - intoxicating is the best way to describe it. She genuinely listens to what I have to say and has a great sense of humor.

After the drink, we went to our table and had a nice dinner and continued to talk pretty much non-stop the whole time. There are no awkward silences at all with her. Although I paid for dinner, she immediately offered to pay for the movie which was nice.

The movie Gravity was pretty good, but seeing it with her made it that much better. The night ended with several kisses grin grin and talk of getting together hopefully Saturday night. All I can say is life is good!

So I hope I have satisfied the requirements of Appendix XI. smile

BA

S
S
Awesome! bravo! I'm so happy for you!

Barb

K
K
Yippee! So glad it is going well.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
kat727 #2397472 10/25/13 12:59 PM
G
OP Offline
G
What a way to start the weekend, BA!!
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy....

BTW,
Three dates lined up this weekend for me. One is with an Olympian from the 1980's...fun!!
I'll be back with "ze report."

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
B
B
Originally Posted By: Golfgirl1
What a way to start the weekend, BA!!
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy....

BTW,
Three dates lined up this weekend for me. One is with an Olympian from the 1980's...fun!!
I'll be back with "ze report."

Thanks GG and I'm very happy to hand off the multiple weekend dates baton to you! I'm hoping I've found my one and only! smile

So a 80's Olympian, very cool - a few names that come to mind are:
Carl Lewis
Bart Connor (although I think Nadia might have a problem with him dating you!)
Greg Louganis (yeah - not likely him either for obvious reasons!)
Scott Hamilton

Whoever it is I have a feeling he is going to have his work cut out keeping up with you! Have fun.

BA

BA

kat727 #2397494 10/25/13 02:01 PM
B
B
Originally Posted By: kat727
Yippee! So glad it is going well.

kat

Thanks Kat, me too! It appears it is true that good things happen to those who wait (and are just a little bit picky). This is just a very good reminder to me as to why settling is never a good idea.

BA

Way to go, BA and GG!

What awesome updates from both of you!

BA, you overlooked the obvious here in Colorado - the skiing population! Men like Phil and Steve Mahre (I'm told that one of them still live here and are seen about), though I don't think Bill Johnson is on the dating circuit due to his health. frown Then again, GG never said he was a US Olympian, so...Uh, and she never said it was a guy either. grin

Enjoy your dates, and don't forget to fill us in.

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
B
B
You are right, Betsey - I just couldn't come up with any 1980's skiers names off the top of my head. Of course the entire 1980 USA Hockey team comes to mind as well but I think even for GG that is a bit much! smile

As for Barbara - I'm really on cloud 9 after last night's date but I'm also a little bit nervous as well. I'm really getting attached to her and the last time that happened so quickly was with Marianne and I remember how that turned out. However, that was then and this is now. I'm trying to slow down just a bit and maintain the attitude of just enjoying the ride for as long as it last and hope that ride is a long, long time. smile If it isn't then I will at least appreciate it for what it was.

BA

#2397549 10/25/13 03:33 PM
B
B
Originally Posted By: gabbysmom23
I'm happy for you, BA. Cloud 9 is a good feeling, but you are aware of what happens when you run solely on those feelings.

Enjoy it, but take it slow

I hear you GM - it's just very rare (at least for me it is) to find someone who I have that type of chemistry where there is a feeling of electricity when we are together and she seems to be having the same types of feelings for me as well.

An example of where my head is, last Friday we met at a local winery and part way through it, she joked that if things didn't work out for me that night I had lots of other options available since the place was overly populated with single women. Thing is, until she mentioned that, I hadn't even noticed there were a lot of other women there! I like that I hadn't noticed. smile

While I am being very frank and open here about how I feel about her, I'm doing my best to keep a lid on my exuberance around her so as not to overwhelm her. So far so good.

Slow and easy...slow and easy...

BA

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard