Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
M
M
Just think of it this way. The last outing you had with her, you went in for a kiss. See where that got you?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
J
OP Offline
J
yeah....but that was a long day of really playful interaction...I just couldnt help it...I hadnt been with her (or anyone) for the past 9 months.
But I again have to remind myself, stay the course, stay patiet...stay confident....and remember that she is watching "all" my actions!

M 52
W 40
D 15 (step)
S 12 (step)
Married 7, together almost 8
Separated 1 year before bomb from her "I love you, I'm just..."
BD final 8/22/12

M
M
"and remember that she is watching "all" my actions!"

That's mindreading. She has a BF right? Have you done anything that would make her actually wonder what you're doing? IMHO, in your case, if you started golfing and going out with other women (just as friends) it will get her to start looking your direction.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
L
L
So...any updates? What is she really watching? You? The kids? Your interaction with the kids? I think when they become detatched they don't see a thing because they really aren't looking.

Like talking to someone on the phone while on the computer at the same time.

Be yourself...the person deep inside that they fell in love with...you know, the best you! I know this is what you're working on.

They notice when you stop noticing them.

M: 49 H: 49
S23 D24 (disabled from car accident 6 yrs ago)
M: 21yrs
BD: 1 month after D home from hospital (after 6 months)
D: 3/11/11
Moved: 10/11/11 to FL for SCI recovery
X: engaged w/OW
J
OP Offline
J
Well here is a bit of an update.... I formulated a small little correspondence asking if we might be able to set up some sort of visit or get together with the kids now that summer is officially over.
I sent off the text last night and have yet to hear back....and I don't know how long I should wait till I text again? Or what else to follow up with?

Bond...As to the question of what makes me think she is watching?
I know her...and I know she spends a lot of time on FB these days. She had mentioned things that I did and people I was visiting when we last spoke in the summer....so I know she ca t resist taking a peek now and then, which is why I don't hide my profile to private.

M 52
W 40
D 15 (step)
S 12 (step)
BD final 8/22/12

J
OP Offline
J
Ok... I got a reply
Wish I could say that it was more favorable.... But the ex is taking the stance that my relationship with the kids is seen as a disruption and that it would be best for everyone to cut all ties.
I asked for a little understanding as to the breakdown in communication and clarity of the ground rules.... But was denied any further review at this time.
She also feels that it would be inappropriate of her to meet in person with me over coffee to discuss things because she doesn't want her BF getting upset with her.
Mmmmmmm.... Can't wait for the comments to come in on this one.

Ps...I will say this...I will respect her wishes about her boundaries on the children.
She is their mother and its her call.....
But... I'm still going to continue to DB :-)

M 52
W 40
D 15 (step)
S 12 (step)
BD final 8/22/12

M
M
Wow. Hate to say it, but your W's a b*tch. You helped raise these kids and now she just wants them to forget about you? Are they going to C?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
J
OP Offline
J
If you mean counseling a done a little bit and I've been talking with my DB coach.
Up until now I've had some really good interactions with the boy and I feel that he at least understands that we are at the mercy of both of his biological parents if we are to have any relationship Now or in the future....
If we have to wait until after he becomes an adult and continue things on his own and for himself then that's what we have to do
we just have to respect that he has two parents that love and care about him and want to see him succeed....and he knows my doors always open to him

M 52
W 40
D 15 (step)
S 12 (step)
BD final 8/22/12

J
OP Offline
J
Sorry I missed that you asked if they had been going to counseling and no they haven't

M 52
W 40
D 15 (step)
S 12 (step)
BD final 8/22/12

J
OP Offline
J
About the only update that I have at this point is that I did take a chance and speak with my stepson. I just wanted to let him know that I had asked to see him and wanted to make sure that he understood that I didn't just give up after our little hiatus from the summer.
I assured him again that I still love him, his sister and his mother and I would be checking back periodically to see if his mother has changed her mind on allowing us future contact.
I just felt it important that he knows that I am always going to be there for him in whatever capacity I can and that my door will always remain open.
So now it's back to work on all the projects that I have going staying focused on me and my future and the directions that my new life is taking me I will check back in a month and see if anything has changed and continue that pattern until I do see a change... Or until something shakes it up in another way

M 52
W 40
D 15 (step)
S 12 (step)
BD final 8/22/12

Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard