Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
W
W
GG, he sounds like a real winner! Thankfully you found out early on. Dating really suucks sometimes, doesn't it. And yes, breaks can be good too. Thanks for sharing.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
W
BA, glad the food was good. Forward ho!

B
OP Offline
B
GG - how disappointing!! You are not materialistic at all. You've done the work to put yourself in a responsible financial position and you don't need someone who might jeopardize what you've worked for. Enjoy the fall golf and consider moving to Virginia - I'm playing Saturday morning and would love a partner to play with! wink

BA

G
G
Hey GG,
Sorry to hear about your latest. I am sitting here just shaking my head, thinking can you top this. Amazing, but I guess like I keep hearing and reading on here, the right person will come along when you least expect it. How is the fall season looking out there?

m 54
XW 48
m 12
t 14
bomb 6-11
s 10-11
wife moved to other state 10-21-11
d 9-12

O GOD THY SEA IS SO GREAT AND MY BOAT IS SO SMALL!
W
W
Originally Posted By: gabbysmom23
And yes, be picky. Not the " I can't date her because she doesn't like sushi and I do" kind of picky, but the " we don't share the same values kind so I can't date her kind of picky"

Gineen, wouldn't it be nice to have someone who loves sushi?! Something to share and enjoy on dinner dates, heh. Yeah, Bets has taught me to be watchful for red flags. I've learned a lot from my past GF...the red flags went up in about 6 months, but she begged and pleaded to continue the R. In looking back, I was vulnerable and not as strong as I am now. If I were to date her today and six months in to the R, I'd cut off things with her. The R lasted for about 2 bumpy years and a loss of $28,000 in my account. Never again. Lesson learned.

GG,

Sorry that your date didn't work out. I am with you on wanting someone who is healthy, stable, and in a sound financial position. We are all like that...so you are not alone in feeling this way. Peter Pans and Santa Clauses need not apply!

Dave,

I get you on the picture thing. Which is why I am somewhat reluctant on the online dating thing. Just never know what's 'real' and what's not real. But I am putting myself out there and see what happens. Waiting to hear back from one gal whose pictures look like a genuine, outgoing, and "normal" person.

B
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: BeginningAgain
To make things worse, she is a definite half glass full type of person which is the opposite of what I am looking for.

Okay one too many after date glasses of wine! What I meant to say was she was a "glass half empty" type of person - very negative. Just wanted to clarify.

BA

W
W
Hm, so wouldn't that make her a "glass half empty" person? Oh well, at least she wasn't a "glass shattered on the floor" kind of person...and the food was still good lol.

B
OP Offline
B
Yes the food was good! smile

Tonight I'm seeing Vicky for the second time - at least I know what she actually looks like already smile

BA

W
W
BA, I'm seeing Me tonight and don't care what I look like. We're doing dinner and a walk in the park. I'm thinking about popping the big question tonight..."why the hell is the washroom always locked in this park" but I'll see where we're at first.

Wii-You made me choke on my water!!! LOL. You're kind of reminding me of the Grinch when he debates whether or not he can go to the Christmas Cheermaster award ceremony... his monologue is epic in our house, and my D19 keeps us in stitches with her impeccable imitation of Jim Carrey. (She's REALLY good!)

Oy vey, BA. I swear I told GG the other night that you 2 should live a lot closer. wink

Wonka--If I'm getting anyone to pay attention to red flags, it's because I have the propensity to overlook them too. My family of origin makes so many excuses for each other that I learned how to overlook them. Now I tend to be the one who yells the emperor is naked and nobody likes my kill joy realism. Hey, if you have an elephant in the living room why ignore it?

Kat--Sounds like your ideal guy is someone I'd like too. I am wayyyyy fond of Irishmen! Especially the dark hair and blue eyes kind... I hope you find him. And when you do, introduce me to his friends!

Poor Gunny. We're probably making him a little gun shy (sorry for the pun, buddy) about sticking his neck online! I think you should do it anyway, Gunny, and give us some new material to chat about. I think it's BA's turn to buy the next round?

Okay, gotta run. I've been monster busy today (doggone AT&T has to stop giving me business) and I'm feeling a bit scattered. Plus I'm leaving early to get D16 from cheer practice before we head home and get set up for the BIG GAME.

Good luck tonight, BA!

Bets

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard