K
K
Should be "age range".

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
W
Kat, didn't you get the 20 somethings messaging you too? I once read a profile where the lady wrote "...and no I won't try you just because you're in your twenties and think you can last longer" Apparently, it's not just us old guys who are idiots lol.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
B
B
Originally Posted By: Underdog
BA, this is the first time I really feel the need to question Wii's data accuracy. I mean I know the pool gets limited in some ways, but really? You sure as hell seem like an attractive, motivated guy with lots of interest and his heart in the right place. You've got it going on like Donkey Kong.

Are you really telling us you're looking at the clock and calendar?

I think the clock and calendar are only one element in this whole thing for me right now. As for the age thing, I can only speak for what I observe here in this area and 55 seems to be a very popular upper age limit for women here, at least those who are in their late 40's to mid 50's. In a way it seems like yesterday I turned 50 and that was 4 years ago! So in that sense of the word yes I do look at the calendar.

Does that mean I'm just willing to settle for whatever comes along to seal the deal. No I think I've proven that somewhat already. I am selective in that I want someone who is compatible with me, attractive to me, and active with me. Maybe I'm being too selective who knows - but I am determined to make sure I get things right this time with the right woman. I feel fortunate that I have had so many women who have been interested in wanting to date me. I don't think I'm "all that" but it is nice that I'm not being shunned in the dating world.

Another issue is that I have been dating for a while now (at least that is how it feels like to me) and it gets a bit old listening to me tell my life story over and over again to someone new! Seriously I would really like to not have to do that too many more times. I'm afraid one of these times I'm going to fall asleep while I am doing it!

Finally, I have a great rest of my life planned and I am anxious to find "the one" to share it with and start building on that. Yes I know this puts more pressure on me than I need to and I should just relax and let things happen - I do make an effort to do that outwardly, I just happen to show a bit more frustration with here on this forum, if that makes sense.

So yes, I am taking a deep breath, relaxing and just trying to let things happen - I just would like them to happen soon! Date scheduled with Vicki on Thursday. smile

BA

B
B
Originally Posted By: KenF
BA, i feel sorry for Ingrid, Valerie and Vicky. they have a tough task ahead of them trying to live up to the standards set by Barbara.

but its great for you to know someone like her are out there.

Yes unfortunately they do but I keeping an open mind going forward.

B
B
Wonka - you've already gotten some excellent advice. I would add that (from experience) the more often you put yourself out there the easier it gets. Keep the first dates (meetings) to comfortable surroundings. Look at them as an opportunity to meet someone new and if it builds from there all the better.

I agree that is anything seems weird or uncomfortable about someone that it is wiser to just move on - there are lots of fish in the dating ocean.

BA

K
K
No I didn't get the young guys online it was actually at a restaurant. But hey what are you gonna do? Lol. I was flattered but hey if I could be your Mom or you could be my Dad it isn't going to get a second thought from me.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
W
BA, I always put my upper age limit for women as "still breathing".

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
W
Everyone,

Thanks for the input. Barb, how long did it take for you to find Josh? Just curious.

I've put down the age range from 35 to 50. Reasonable range for me. Will take the "plunge" in the pool sometime after the long weekend.

In the headline profile, I put down "Welcome to sane people only ;)" Didn't over share...put down key points. I'm protective of my privacy.

S
S
Hi Wonka,

I was extremely lucky. Started online the first week of December. Took it easy over Christmas. Travelled a bit in Jan and Feb. Dated here and there throughout. Met Josh online the first week in March just before I went to England for 2 weeks. Our first date was April Fool's Day (LOL). So 3 or 4 months of casual online dating with app 6 "coffee dates" and just one guy other than Josh who I went out on a few more dates with.

Oh - and Josh and I skipped the coffee date and went straight to dinner. We lived 90 minutes apart and had talked on the phone a couple of times which made the first date easier. In fact - it was so lovely we didn't want it to end. We were hooked!

Barb

G
G
Wonka,
Be prepared for the time commitment online dating takes. By the time you read profiles, respond/write emails, and do a search or two, it's a part-time job!

As far as age goes, that's an interesting thing. I'm 51 and men who are 45-50 RARELY respond even though I have recent shots; one of which is a full body shot. The last guy I dated online called me "youthful" and asked for my secret, so I don't think I look older than my age. Men 55 to 70 respond enthusiastically and frequently. 55 is my upper range, but I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to someone older who could keep up with my energy and whom I found attractive.

I'm taking a break now from online; we'll see how the car guy goes. I think online dating is emotionally exhausting. People come and go so quickly without a second thought. In my opinion, manners go right out the window and rudeness prevails, but that's just my opinion.

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard