Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
B
B
Okay that's it - if things with Barbara don't work out, I'm moving to Colorado - I know of at least two good prospects who have their act together!!! smile

Betsey - no unfortunately I have not heard back from Barbara. I'm a bit bummed about that, however the fact that she hasn't been on the match site at all for 5 days and has not read my email is better than if she had been on it an hadn't responded. She simply may just be incredibly busy - she is a Physcian afterall. However if I don't hear from her by the end of the week, then that will be a clear signal.

So today I received communication from 3 more people. One I already wrote about "petiteandperky". The second one sets a record for me as she is 75 years old - yikes, really??? That is 6 months older than my mother! The third lady lives up in central Pennsylvania. She says she is a lawyer and has two kids with one still in high school - uh Ms. Lawyer how is this going to work with both of us having kids in high school and living 150 miles apart??? Sigh...the life of online dating. frown

I'm off to do a nice brisk stroll around the neighborhood!

BA

B
B
GM - No I don't have her phone number or I would call/text her. We left it on Friday night that we would continue to communicate through Match which she did on Saturday early afternoon and then nothing since. In the email I sent her I gave her my phone number and email address, however she hasn't read the email yet because she has not been on the site.

BA

K
K
I think Joan is a bit much. Yes, I will admit I give up for my kids. I have put my life on hold to some degree because I can't handle the idea of giving my kids up for the whole summer each year. I need to stay here because of that.

I want my kids to know that I will never leave them, through good and bad, I am here. This summer has probably been the second most stressful since the divorce. I try to take it one day at a time. Somedays are better than others. Yet, I am thankful for each day I have and that they share their lives with me.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
B
B
Kat - The thing that I think would also be an issue with her is that because of how she feels with her children she would not understand my need to be there for mine and it would be a source of tension and stress. Personally I've had enough tension and stress to last a lifetime and don't need to voluntarily put myself in a situation that causes more.

BA

K
K
You are right, probably not a great meeting of the minds on that subject! I don't get the parents that have this entitlement attitude. What did they think? They have the kids and they grow up on their own?!

Hope Barbara comes through. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
S
S
BA: I'm guessing that Joan might have just had a bad day & things came out of her mouth that really isn't a total picture of who she is or how she feels. Everyone seems to be really reading a lot into it.

I definitely could not take someone who did not put their kids first & you are right to be very wary of that. But she may have been trying to say to you (albeit in a backhand strange way) that she was available to make time for a R because she was afraid that it might seem otherwise.

Not defending her - just reminding you that you merely scratched the surface & might be wrong about her.

Betsey: when you said that Sweet Stuff had 7 kids (I think) but never got to see them - MY radar was all over that one. I could never be with a man like that, regardless of the situation. And the flip side of that is - what if he suddenly got full custody of all of them? How would you handle that? You need a lot of t Ike for your own 2.

I was not sure if I would find the right man to compliment my life as I had Ryan (full time high special needs) and was raising a precocious teen daughter. But I believe the right person is out there to fit every situation. In my case - I thought it would be better with a really good single dad but it turned out perfectly with a man who had never had kids. A compassionate heart can be found in men who are not dads too.

No one is perfect. But many are very compatible. Getting to know someone reveals their goodness and also their imperfections. It takes time to learn these things about another person. The point is - dating is the time to learn these things and also to just enjoy the ride. It is not necessarily the means to an end.

Barb

B
B
Originally Posted By: SunFunOne
BA: I'm guessing that Joan might have just had a bad day & things came out of her mouth that really isn't a total picture of who she is or how she feels. Everyone seems to be really reading a lot into it.

Perhaps you are right, Barb. I think what has made me so leary of it is that I've been on two dates with her and this was something she brought up (complained about) both times. I really don't try to pick apart people looking for faults. I try to go into each encounter looking for success and not failure - it just seems like compatability on both sides has been escaping me lately! frown

BA

S
S
Hey BA. - I missed that. I didn't realize it had happened twice.

But I agree with you. Best to keep looking at the positives in your dates but be aware of the negatives.

I think you're on the right track. Hope Barbara gets back to you soon.

Barb

OP Offline
Quote:
Okay that's it - if things with Barbara don't work out, I'm moving to Colorado - I know of at least two good prospects who have their act together!!! smile

I'm sure your daughters would love for you to disrupt their lives one more time! grin

If I ever move back to DC...

Quote:
The second one sets a record for me as she is 75 years old - yikes, really???

God, that's gross. My mom is also 75. Yuck! Ellie has a saying to us girls here: Just say no to Santa Claus! Well, you should say no to Mrs. Claus. LOL. When I joined Ourtime, I specifically said nobody over 55 need apply. There's wiggle room there, but I don't want to make that my rule.

And I also put in my profile if they didn't live in Denver to also pass me by. What was that lady thinking?

Lynn, I don't deal in absolutes so please know I'm not saying your wish to the universe is unreasonable. But I think you really and truly want a balanced person. I'd pray for that outcome.

I've got a coffee date in awhile with a really good friend (another vball mom) that I haven't seen in a year. We've chatted on the phone, of course, but haven't seen each other. I really miss her. I'd gladly give up dating forever to have more friends in my life on a daily basis. Too bad we're all horribly busy.

Okay, a couple more posts before I work on a proposal I've been putting off since my client is out of town this week. I want to get the rough draft done...

TTFN,

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
B
B
So it has been one full week now since I last heard from Barbara. frown Not exactly sure what to make of this other than calling it a bust I guess. Normally with Match.com dates it's an easy call because the person will either:

a) Let you know at the end of the first date or in an email that things just didn't click for them.
b) Continue to go on the site but not respond to you anymore.
c) Block their profile from your view.

None of this has occured with Barbara. Our supposedly one hour first date (meeting) lasted six hours and she specifically said that she enjoyed it. She responded to my after date email last Saturday saying she was looking forward to seeing me again. She hasn't block my profile. Since Saturday she has not logged back on to the Match.com site, and has not read my second follow-up email. It's as if she disappeared. Not that I necessarily need to have closure after one single date, it's just a bit weird and disappointing.

Oh well, onward and upward. At least it is the weekend and for once, wait for it....BA doesn't have a single date lined up! smile Heading out to play golf on Saturday morning and may take in a tour of the National Gallery of Art on Sunday.

BA

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard