Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
H
H
im with Wii.. if a guy wants you he will pursue. when its starting to take on the obligatory feel, more than likely thats what it is. a nice guy who doesnt know how to break it off.... my opinion.

Clay

m:31 W:32
M:8 T:11
S:10
D:5
Bomb:1/07/12
Separated:4/23/12
Divorced: 12/12/12

B
B
GG - I agree with Wii as well - if I'm into someone I'm not waiting around for days to contact them and ask them for plan something for us. Plus, if I'm into someone and she sends me a flirty text she darn (self censored!) well is gonna get one back pronto! wink

Betsey - I am very sorry about the loss of your dear friend. I lost someone who had been a friend of mine for more than 20 years this past March. He was "only" 55 and it was very quick and unexpected. Still hard for me to realize that he is no longer alive.

So an update on my date last night with Barbara can be made in three simple words - OH MY GOD!!! And that is in a good way! Our simple meet and greet turned into a six hour date of great conversation and strolling around DC. We had dinner at Old Ebbitt Grill which is just a block from the White House. After dinner we walked over to the White House took a picture together which was pretty nice. Then we headed over to the Washington Hotel which has a rooftop bar that looks out over the city. Seriously folks I have not felt like this after a first date in a long time. This woman is very much the total package. First she is engaging in her conversation - energetic and very easy to talk to. She is smart - She is an MD. She is stunningly beautiful. We ended the evening at the Williard Hotel's Round Robin bar here in Washington which was pretty crowded but she was easily the most attractive woman in the room. She geniunely LIKES me. She actually told me that my pictures on match did not do me justice. The icing on the cake is that she definitely wants to get together again. smile

So forgive me for being giddy - but I feel like I hit the dating jackpot last night!!

BA

W
W
BA, SDA lady and I went six hours on our first meet too. Yes, you've certainly got chemistry and that feels incredible but just be cautious along the way...but enjoy the giddiness too smile Sounds like a great night...and this was your coffee date! Are you two going to meet the President on your next one lol?

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
J
J
Betsy, sorry for your loss.

Losing someone thought of as a peer is like losing part of oneself.

BITS
Me 55, ACK, when did that happen? Doesn't feel like 55
D 30
S 27

You create your own universe as you go along - Winston Churchill
J
J
Sometimes I think I will never get back to dating. I am flirting a bit and need to get out more.

BITS
Me 55, ACK, when did that happen? Doesn't feel like 55
D 30
S 27

You create your own universe as you go along - Winston Churchill
K
K
Betsey, I am sorry about your friend. It really gets me when someone younger than me dies. Really drives the point home how fragile it all is. Coach, who used to post on this website passed away just a few weeks ago. He was just a few months younger than me. That one really hit home.

Enjoy life, be as healthy as you can and be thankful for each blessing that comes your way.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
S
S
BA: Barbara sounds great! But then we Barbaras ARE a lot of fun! I'm happy it went so well for you.

GG: we only get part of what you experience from your posts so no idea of all the nuances etc. Only you know that. But you have posted a lot about wanting to find a nice guy & Dave seemed like a nice guy. If you feel you're "settling" then that's not good.

Barb

K
K
Yea BA! So glad you went on another first date. I think what you are feeling is a good sign but lets not jump the gun either. Take it slow and enjoy yourself.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
B
B
Thanks Kat. I will take it slow. What has me a bit jazzed is that I have been on so many first dates in the last 3 months and this is the first one that really felt different and exciting from the rest. I've been on enough to know when I really click on all levels with someone and when I don't. There have been a couple of first dates that hit the mark at about 80 or 90 percent. This one was a full 100%. I am pretty astute in picking up on red flags and with Barbara, after 6 hours of being with her, there was not a single one - not even close. She has the kindest eyes I've seen in someone in a long time. Of course this is only how I feel about her - dating is a two way street. While she has communicated to me that she is looking forward to seeing me again, I have no idea if she feels the same or is even close. Only time will tell that and I don't intend to rush anything. Just simply enjoy the experience of going out with a kind, beautiful and engaging woman.

My wine tasting date with Joan was pushed back until Monday. Her son unexpectantly decided to come up and visit her today. He lives about 100 miles away so she asked if we could delay the date until tomorrow after work. Admittedly I was much more excited about seeing her again before my Friday night date with Barbara, however I am not ready to simply start limiting myself based on one fantastic date. Close but not yet... smile

BA

B
B
Since we were earlier talking about who should pay or not pay on dates I thought I would share the following from a person's profile that I received an "I'm interested in you" notice this morning and I quote:

"I know most of you are not from Sacramento. Therefore, if you want to meet me you need to either come here or pop for my plane ticket there. I also am not interested in any guy who does not earn at least $75,000 to $100,000 a year or more. I expect to be treated well. That includes you paying for everything while we are together. If that is not doable, please do not contact me. I am special and expect to be treated that way. Put up or shut up."

Wow is she a real catch or what! She got an immediate "Block User" smile

By the way, on Friday Barbara immediately offered to cover half of the dinner check. I told her I'd pay for dinner but she could cover the tip which she gladly did. smile

BA

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard