Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
G
G
I like the ones that say they're interested, but when you click on their profile it doesn't exist!

I bought a $15 LivingSocial deal and that's how long I'll stay on match.com. It takes too much effort/time for the pay off. There simply has to be a better way to meet quality people!

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
G
G
I'm thinking bookstores, libraries, coffee shops, running trails, etc, you are bound to find like minded people there!

m 54
XW 48
m 12
t 14
bomb 6-11
s 10-11
wife moved to other state 10-21-11
d 9-12

O GOD THY SEA IS SO GREAT AND MY BOAT IS SO SMALL!
B
B
Well I am halfway through my dating marathon and BA thinks he is going to be in Big A$$ trouble at the end of this experience.

My second date with MG1 (aka: drop dead gorgeous Jan) went really well. She is definitely into me and I am attracted to her as well. It is not a 100% compatibility match but definitely enough to keep my interest and she definitely wants more dates - bottomline is she got a rose!

Date number 1 with MG3 (aka: Lucy) was a huge success as well. She is as cute (if not cuter in some ways) as Jan, very petite (standing barely 5 feet 1 inches tall) blond, full of energy and as sweet as ever. If there is anything negative at all it's that I am her first date off of Match. She hasn't reached out to anyone else and it was her daughter who actually encouraged her to "get out there and date." She has been widowed for 4 years. However, she definitely wants to see me again and so yes she got a rose as well.

Date 1 with MG2 (aka: Amanda) has been rescheduled for this evening and if she even lives halfway up to her profile then yep she'll get a rose as well.

Finally, MG4 (aka: Romy) got back to me over the weekend and wants to meet me Tuesday night. If she also lives up to her profile I'm in deep, deep trouble.

The good news is I don't think I need therapy yet as I do have some restraint. On Sunday I declined the opportunity to meet MG5 who asked if I would like to meet her, as I find this situation I am in crazy enough already.

At this point I'm wondering what the opportunity is for having sister girlfriends...

BA

R
R
Did u say Romi? Wait a minute.

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

OP Offline
BA,

I hope you have a good florist in VA!

OMG, wow! I don't know what to say. But.... really? REALLY?

Holy cow, you must have totally underestimated your appeal, BA. I'm thinking I should pack up and move back home and see what I'm missing. grin

Lucy... that could be me. As of April, that WAS me. I don't think that's a bad thing. You have to start somewhere, right? And no matter what happens with her, I'm glad you're her first. You're going to give her the entry into this pool that she's going to need if she has to endure the losers that go after you. I wish I was kidding, but I'm not. You are a NICE GUY. And someone like her deserves to start her online dating life with a nice guy with you. That way, we know she won't be on some online blog with a thread like mine...

Wowsa. My head is still shaking in disbelief. Way to go!

laugh Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
OP Offline
And BTW, I might have to update a bit later myself. I'm still cogitating.

Yesterday was mutual disclosure time for me and Sweet Stuff, as it's been a month now. We both learned some new stuff about each other and it's big for both of us. His revelation has to do with his crazy XW. I'll just tease and say that I wish he had found us on this board when he was going through his craziness. Because his XW is in the realm of evil.

I'm still processing how I feel about it, but it's not a deal breaker by any means. It's just... heavy stuff. Most of our former spouses were misguided, pie-in-the-sky deluded, or just plain selfish. His XW puts all our former spouses to shame.

Anyhoo, back to stuff here. I'm slammed. You'd think a holiday week would be slow in corporate America, but not for me. I'll just say I'm grateful and blessed because busy hands earn income. So count me in the pile of happy there is so much to do.

Golf Girl, hope the more moderate temps mean more golf for you?

Betsey

"There are only 2 ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein
K
kml Offline
K
Wow, BA, when it rains it pours!

I don't envy you the juggling act of dating so many at once - but if you have several good prospects, I do think it's appropriate not to just jump at the first one, but take some time to get to know more about them.

And once you choose someone, I think the politest (polite-est? Most polite?) way to let the others down is to tell them you really enjoyed meeting them, but that you've decided to move forward with dating someone else that you met around the same time. Maybe someone4 else here could word that a little better.

As for me - my new guy told me this weekend "I want to call your ex up and THANK him!!!" lol. smile

G
G
Wow! BA...I'm impressed. Enjoy!

Match Date #1 out of the way and no dice. Nice guy, but no connection.

I'm thinking of subscribing to Evan Mark Katz's Focus Coaching program. I am using some of his advice already and we'll see how it goes.

Nice temps today, Betsey. Have a lesson at Indian Peaks at 12:15.

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09

Life is all about Plan B
G
G
Betsey,
Let's connect and hit some balls!
How do we do that?

Lynn

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09

Life is all about Plan B
OP Offline
Lynn,

This weekend I have D16, but I'd love to make some time to do that next weekend! I live in the DTC area.

Let's see how to do this. Do you know anyone here offline? If not, maybe you could go to the pro shop at Indian Hills and tell me to call at a certain time? LOL. That seems insane.

It's been so long since I hit some balls. Can you stand to be with a hacker? Plus my pitching wedge is now missing. WTF? I'm not sure if D16 used it as a weapon against neighborhood animals, but...

Betsey

Albert Einstein
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard