Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
T
T
Hey darlin'!

Geez I go away for six months and can't find anybody.

Still banging your head against the wall?

My goal is to some day be the person my dog thinks I am
U
OP Offline
U
Yay, True, you found me! How are you, man? I've missed you.

The head banging, yea, when I need a good laugh.

Hope you are doing well.

Thanks for looking me up. smile

U
OP Offline
U
I share my feelings, my story in the hope that it helps someone just as those before me helped me so much.

I am struggling a bit, lately. Happens from time to time. This is a journey that I will always be on.

I have changed and grown, to be sure. I have overcome a lot and figured out a lot. But I am not living the life I want to be.

And so, I guess I am stuck.

While I have changed, there are still things about me I need to work on.

And there are things about my life and those in my life that are still such a struggle.

So, I wonder how to move forward to get to where I need to be.

I am a work in progress. That's for sure.

I pray that I find the strength for this next bit.

And I know, without a doubt, that He keeps me in His capable hands.

R
R
Hi uRw,

I'm sorry to hear it's been a struggle lately.
You've become a beacon of light here on this forum and I look forward to the wisdom dripping like sweet nectar to the hungry...in every post.

But you have your struggles your issues, your pain in the growth in this journey of life.

I'm so glad you have a faith stronger than doubt!

Hugs to you tonight,
rH

Me54/H47
'08 H is "done"
March '12 H moved out
Brink of D, December '12
2014 totally reconciled!
"I firmly believe in the...absolute possibility of marriage renewal."
Jim Conway
U
OP Offline
U
Dear RH, thank you so very much for your kind words. They mean so much.

I will get through it as we all do. One step at a time.

Hugs right back to you. smile

T
T
Dear UW ~

I am so very sorry you have been having a tough time lately. You are truly like a little angel around here, gently guiding others with your kind and wise words.

I have read a lot of your old posts, still reading them! You have overcome so much and are an inspiration.

We are all human, so we all have bad days. We are all a work in progress. We all have a heart that hurts sometimes.

You have such a big heart, no doubt it opens you up to being hurt. Yet, it is part of what makes you YOU.

I know you have been dealt some difficult things throughout your life, and you have handled each thing with strength and grace. I know you will figure this out too.

I'm here for you, always thinking and praying for you.

I hope you get to where you want to be. I know you will. smile

xoxo

Bomb January 2012 - doesn't feel the same about me

~ "There is nothing love cannot face; there is no limit to its faith, hope, and endurance."
F
F
Originally Posted By: uRworthy
This is a journey that I will always be on.

I have changed and grown, to be sure. I have overcome a lot and figured out a lot. But I am not living the life I want to be.

And so, I guess I am stuck.

While I have changed, there are still things about me I need to work on.

And there are things about my life and those in my life that are still such a struggle.

So, I wonder how to move forward to get to where I need to be.

I am a work in progress. That's for sure.

We should all be continuously growing, I don't believe there is some nirvana destination for us to be, where we are done growing/improving. We are all right where we should be at this moment. As long as we keep moving forward, we're not really stuck.

I can't imagine that you are not moving forward, uR. Maybe it's like when you're traveling in a car. When you look way off in the distance it seems like you're hardly moving. Yet when you look at something closer, you fly right past it.

The key, it seems to me, is learning to be content, happy, and even excited with the journey, and not focus so much on the destination.

We only have so many days, we HAVE TO figure out a way to enjoy each one, no matter what comes our way.

Well, there's my little ramblings for the day, I hope I didn't make things worse! grin

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
U
OP Offline
U
My friend, TVS,

Thank you as always for your kind words and your prayers are so very much appreciated. I am honored and humbled to think I may help someone in some small way when they are going through such a difficult time.

I have had a difficult life. More than I have shared on here. I used to wonder why it seemed that some seem to have so much more to deal with others. I dont do that anymore. Each of our lives are uniquely ours and each of our burdens are, too. No one's more important than anyone else's.

Yes, we all have a heart that hurts sometimes. And part of what I am struggling with has to do with my sister and my son.

Originally Posted By: Takevowsserious

I'm here for you, always thinking and praying for you.

That means more than you know.

Originally Posted By: Takevowsserious

I know you will. smile

And so does that.

You are very special to me, T. Thank you.

xoxo

U
OP Offline
U
Originally Posted By: ForeverYoung

Hiya FY,

We should all be continuously growing, I don't believe there is some nirvana destination for us to be, where we are done growing/improving. We are all right where we should be at this moment. As long as we keep moving forward, we're not really stuck.

Yep, I agree.

I can't imagine that you are not moving forward, uR. Maybe it's like when you're traveling in a car. When you look way off in the distance it seems like you're hardly moving. Yet when you look at something closer, you fly right past it.

I am not looking at a particular destination, just continual growth. I feel like I am not moving forward within me. That the feelings and thoughts I have about some particular things are not where I want them to be. Hard to explain, I guess. I know that I will figure it out. I also know that I am hard on myself sometimes and I shouldnt be. I know better than that. wink

The key, it seems to me, is learning to be content, happy, and even excited with the journey, and not focus so much on the destination.
We only have so many days, we HAVE TO figure out a way to enjoy each one, no matter what comes our way.

Fy, I hear ya. And I am, for the most part. I am always excited about what might be. Sometimes, though, you have to deal with what comes your way. I am just trying to figure out how best to do that so that I can continue on my journey in a positive way.

Well, there's my little ramblings for the day, I hope I didn't make things worse! grin

You can never make things worse, FY. You are a joy!

Thank you for stopping by.

B
B
Sorry you are having a difficult time - as you know, after these times we often move forward.

Just read a great book which suggests that the Five Stages of Grief may not be helpful - that some hurts we learn to live with rather than 'get over' It made a lot of sense - sometimes we feel guilty because we don't feel OK.

The journey is hard and the road is long and winding. Take heart my old friend, you are an inspiration to everyone you come into contact with, as like St Francis, you seek to love, not to be loved. Your husband is truly crazy to have left a treasure like you, and a double idiot not to take good care of you.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard