Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
J
J
Turtle, just because you want to be prepared does not mean you think divorce is down the line. There is nothing wrong with knowing exactly where you can stand and I think that it takes away part of the fear, knowing the unknown.

H asked at the beginning if I had seen a lawyer and I said yes. He was not happy. I explained that for twenty years, I had essentially been a stay at home mom, with basically no assets in my name. I had to know where I stood and where the children stood. No apologies. It was to familiarize myself with all aspects since I had never entertained this before. He came around eventually when he saw that I wasn't out to screw him lol.

I was just simply informing myself. Knowledge is power. Not over someone but for yourself. When you know all the facets it takes away the fear. smile

JuneReN #2330168 03/16/13 12:50 AM
T
T
GTO, good idea to research the laws. It's quite complicated...

Also, start keeping track of all of your expenses. It's a good thing to do regardless.

And love is there or isn't. I don't think people fall out of love. I think they're blinded to what love really means.

L
OP Offline
L
PoN, I'm going to be a bit defensive about your remark, "Are you ready yet?" b/c I have been working on myself since BEFORE (last SPring) first BD-180s that have been noticed, that have become part of the new me.

I have taken notes about H's indications of what went wrong according to him and have really made changes where possible.

I GAL w old friends, and some friends from my past I haven't seen in years, and now am starting to get out (well, once) and meet some new friends.

I guess researching D laws is helpful to me to be informed of what my rights my be should it come to this.

Tori, I think you are right about WAS's being blind to what love really is. There are definitely STAGES of love. New/Infatuation love is just that. Deep commited love is what you have when you come to accept a person for both the good and bad...and you love them even more.

When there is an OP in the picture the LBS is powerless to have influence over his/her S b/c he/she thinks they are really "in love" with this OP when it is just infatuation....not based in reality at all.

I can't compete w someone who remains "perfect" in H's eyes, b/c he has not seen her flaws, that she is imperfect and in fact, carries a good deal of negative "baggage" with her. And, she has not seen him for all who he is.

Time will tell. I just don't know if I want to wait for this to play out. I have this (new) awful feeling that H will drag this EA out for a very very long time. I thought it would become a PA by now (and yes, I am quite sure it hasn't). I can only speculate as to why they are waiting to "be together/date."

But, on some level, it just feels to me like the worst has already happened--he is "in love" and is "not willing to let his feelings change." To me a PA would only seal the deal.

BTW- His niceness continues...it really has me wondering. He even complimented me about what a good job I'm doing "all by myself" with the boys in front of them tonight. It was nice, but WEIRD to hear from him. I just said ,"thank you." Not reading into it any more than a nice comment.

M- 18 T-21
S-14,11 & 10
BD 6-18-2012 (OW-EA)
H moved out 11-3-2012
10-5-13 Me- I want a divorce. I want to move on w my life.
11-25-13 Jointly filed.
V
V
Originally Posted By: littleGTO

I guess researching D laws is helpful to me to be informed of what my rights my be should it come to this.

I've done the same. I have not contacted a lawyer and no plans to do so at this time. My focus is on myself and ultimately for Plan A to happen. But if Plan B comes about you'll need to know your rights.

M:48
W:46
D14,S18
M:20
T:23
BD: Sep 2012
S: Jan 2013

LTTCOI

F
F
Get legal advice. Do what they suggest. I wish I did early on. Now it's a mad scramble of a mess.

M17 yrs.
me49
xW47
d15
d11

BD1-Jul/11(Affair found out)
Therapy 9 months (tried 2)
BD2- May/12(sep)
Court Jul/13 - I got 50/50
Sold home - Aug/13
Court #2 - Dec/13
Court#3 - Apr/14 ... She lost again
We settled.
T
T
Little you keep predicting the future. You also very negative. I've been there and it doesn't help. You need to stop this. Law of attractions.

I met with several lawyers. I had a spreadsheet mapped out with my entire new life not including my W. these things are helpful.

But do you see how when you pull away it pulls him closer.
You even got a compliment.

The work you need to do is thinking positive and fortune telling. It seems your doing alot better With mind reading.

If Pa is deal breaker how will you ever know. He won't tell you.

T
T
GTO, embrace the niceness, be nice back, but continue detaching. Continue working on yourself...

Thinking about you ((((((((()))))))))))

This is good!

BTW- His niceness continues...it really has me wondering. He even complimented me about what a good job I'm doing "all by myself" with the boys in front of them tonight. It was nice, but WEIRD to hear from him. I just said ,"thank you." Not reading into it any more than a nice comment.

Check what you did to help me do this ;-)

M 42 H 39
T10 (-2yrs separation)
S8 D5
DD 7/30/11 (EA&PA)
Reconciled 6/2013
Separation in works 1/2017
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks for posting on my thread, VeryGrateful, Floydman, PoN, Tori, and 2chiquitos!

What I've found out legally (or already know): 1) I will not get any alimony (as H actually makes a little less than I do); 2) I can probably keep out house until kids are 18 w/o paying H a cent until then; 3) I can probably get physical custody of kids w/o a problem; 4) H will have to pay up to 45% of his salary for child custody (3 boys); and 5) H hasn't got a clue about what's coming down the pike if he D's me!

PoN, my negativity is vented here on this forum. I do not show this toward H at all. In fact the one things I feel I have 180ed on best is NOT saying what's always on my mind before really processing what I want to say and how I want to say it. I am proud that I can really listen to H w/o responding negatively.

Oh, H will tell me if EA turns into PA. The one thing he HAS been is brutally honest about changes w OW. To the point where I don't want to hear some of the things he's said. A PA is also a deal breaker for him (at least that is what he's said). I really don't know how a man who thinks he's in love w OW can abstain for so long.... any thoughts?

I am quite sure "the niceness" from H comes from a R talk (he initiated) in Feb when I told him that if he "cares about me so much then why does he treat me like $hit?" At the time he told me he didn't want to send me mixed messages--that he thought I might misinterpret his niceness as a change in his feelings toward me/OW. I think he is trying out this "niceness" to see what happens--to see if we can be "friends."

I don't want to be friends w H. I can be friendly but not friends. It won't help me detach...this I know about me now. Maybe down the line- IDK.

Working on finances as H has made it clear he wants to divide up finances next month. I will make it clear what we (boys & I) need to live on. I already told him 1/2 his salary would be what we need. I'm not sure he liked that! Oh, well, it's the truth. We'll see how "friendly" this stays after finances get dividdy up.

M- 18 T-21
S-14,11 & 10
BD 6-18-2012 (OW-EA)
H moved out 11-3-2012
10-5-13 Me- I want a divorce. I want to move on w my life.
11-25-13 Jointly filed.
F
F

I don't want to be friends w H. I can be friendly but not friends. It won't help me detach...this I know about me now. Maybe down the line- IDK.

Hi turtle, For what it's worth, (about 2 cents) I'm on board with this.

If my wife fully bails on me, I will no longer be a friend. Not to hurt her, but to protect me. And since we have no kids, it will be quite easy to do this.

M: A really long time.
Crisis: 5 years.
She's still worth it.

Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose. -Viktor Frankl
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard