Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11
K
kml Offline
K
Abd btw - DO keep in mind, even though you recorded your H saying those things - it doesn't mean he isn't lying to OW as well. He may just be saying what she wants to hear to keep her on the hook - same as he has been with you.

Protect your finances nonetheless.

R
OP Offline
R
Well there's only 3000 in savings. Ya know his b day is next week and he's goin to california to visit a cousin. Since he is actively searching for a car I will wait. I know he's in a pea soup fog. I think it's a lot of lust for that witch. They are both liers and have big egos. But iwas wondering of I should wait til beginning of feb so I can at least have him pay the bills for that month . They are big. I have made copies of all papers I thought were important. Had to reschedule atty for Thursday. I am seein this guy and my sister just told me about a lady attorney friend used. Should I see her too?

job Offline
Rachael,
It doesn't hurt to interview a couple of lawyers and see which one you feel more comfortable with and appears to know the law. It's up to you.

Why wait until the beginning of February? You are already into the second week of January and by the time anything is put on paper and given to your h, it will most like be the first week of February. I wouldn't put off getting the ball rolling because legal work takes time.

Well, 3000 in savings isn't going to buy much of a car and tires for another vehicle. Both are expensive items these days. I wonder how he thinks he's going to stretch that amount of money to cover both items and take a trip too. Better watch the credit cards.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
R
OP Offline
R
I'm not on his credit card. I was thinking of waiting only cuz I could get another month of bills like mortgage and a loan and utilities. Not sure of its in my best interest to keep house because of what's owed due to h taking out a home equity loan and he's always been a spender but paid his bills.
Even though I have made up mind, I feel like I'm in mourning. Mourning for what I wanted from my h but rarely got. Respect and affection. So very sad.

job Offline
You are in mourning. You are mourning for the "old" marriage. It's normal to do so.

Well, he will either have to buy you out or sell the home. With that being said, the home equity loan would have to be paid off out of the funds received from the sale, which means you both will get even less after settling up the sale of the home.

It's up to you whether you wait or not, but February is only 2 weeks away.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
R
OP Offline
R
Well snodderly
I mourn for what I wish we could have had. I still care for h but some people don't get it. But it's over. Funny I feel sorry for him. What a mess he's made of our lives and his .my counselor told me it'll only get worse for him and not just financially. Terrible.

R
OP Offline
R
Because of that equity loan and what's owed on house we'll be lucky to break even and we have a shower that needs repair but h would never get it done. Kitchen has old appliances and countertop is an old mess. Needs work just to sell it.

K
kml Offline
K
So....no equity in the house, $3,000 in savings. Are there any other assets? (401ks, pensions, boats, etc?)

R
OP Offline
R
Hey kml Yes there are some investments and I made copies. Goin to see lawyer thurs. checked on other lawyer sis heard about and she got some crappy ratings for not having good communication and fee changing. My sisters friend thought she was great though. The atty I'm goin to had one review which was positive. Found some ratings online.

R
OP Offline
R
Oh yes he owns an old sailboat in good condition with his cousin. I believe he has a pension

Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard