Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
swoop #2311244 01/02/13 02:31 AM
A
A
I need to go to LaBug's charm school. She is so much nicer.

Adinva 51, S20, S18
M24 total
6/15/11-12/1/12 From IDLY to H moving out
9/15/15-3/7/17 From negotiating SA to final D at age 50
5/8/17-now: New relationship with an old friend
__
Happiness is a warm puppy.
S
swoop Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Added Skype, and I realized pretty quickly that it was the right thing to do. It made my wife and my daughter happy to be able to see each other and communicate. On the flip side, I found myself hiding in the bedroom worrying that my 6 year old was going to point the phone at me...haha

Thanks again for the positive suggestions.

On a side note, it seems that my wife is either settling in to her new friends and environment, or she is becoming sadder by the day. Her New Years celebrations apparently bombed, and she ended up playing poker with her girlfriend and some of her friends, definitely not my wifes cup of tea. She sounded bummed that she couldn't get dressed to kill and go dancing. I am wondering if this change of attitude, meaning she seems more down, is any indicator of something about to happen. When she originally split with me, she was borderline euphoric in her happiness to be meeting new people and moving on with her life. now she seems almost depressed. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Me:46 Her:38
My D: 11
Her S: 8

swoop #2311279 01/02/13 04:51 AM
A
A
It is nothing. Get out of her head and stay in your sandbox.

Awesome that you added skype! You are a good guy and that's really cool. I hope you skype with your daughter too when she's at her mom's.

You can beancount and worry about what's fair and how much contact with mom is excessive during "your" time, or you can just be the very best dad and do the kind thing sometimes and you will be so much more attractive, to your W and to anyone else. Good job today.

Adinva 51, S20, S18
M24 total
6/15/11-12/1/12 From IDLY to H moving out
9/15/15-3/7/17 From negotiating SA to final D at age 50
5/8/17-now: New relationship with an old friend
__
Happiness is a warm puppy.
S
swoop Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks Adinva,

I know I'm a good guy, and I'm a great Dad. I may have been off my game during all of this emotional roller coaster riding, but that is the real me.

So many things are taking place during this time, from Christmas, to New Years, to my wifes birthday coming up. Tonight, my daughter lost her very first baby tooth. I guess tomorrow morning I should text my wife to let her know?

We don't share a lot of pictures on this forum, but I thought some of you might enjoy this. It is a reminder of the happy things in life....

[img:center]http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/734247_10151170509687190_608140788_n.jpg[/img]

Me:46 Her:38
My D: 11
Her S: 8

swoop #2311431 01/02/13 09:27 PM
A
A
Originally Posted By: suckerpunch

I am wondering if this change of attitude, meaning she seems more down, is any indicator of something about to happen.

Not likely, but it might be the beginning of her realization that you weren't the root cause of her unhappiness. But still, it's a long process for the WAS to sort through it all.

Originally Posted By: suckerpunch

When she originally split with me, she was borderline euphoric in her happiness to be meeting new people and moving on with her life. now she seems almost depressed. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

It's part of the learning process the WAS has to go through. Before they move out they have a fantasy in their head of what it will be like to leave and it's all puffy clouds and rainbows. Then when they do move out they find that they have to pay bills, they still have to go to work, they have to clean the house, and (horror) there's not a line of handsome suitors lining up outside their door after all. Reality has a way of spoiling a good fantasy.

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
S
S
I wanted to chime in that my H also seems more depressed and sad now than he did when he moved out. He is crying and has recently threatened suicide and here I thought he was so happy go lucky with OW and on his own.

I believe that when he moved, he thought that things would be better. He thought that things with OW would be great, that he would have all this freedom to do as he pleases (He is now working 2 jobs that is consuming his time) and he also thought our kids would adjust and be fine with spending only bits of time with him (they hardly want to see him or go with him at all).

So, I think that he thought life would be great and he is finding out that life isnt great. Now, does that mean he is missing me..NO, and I have no signs or clues that he is. He still seems content on doing what he set out to do...but I can tell you, he is struggling with life on his own. That is why is baffles me that they will continue their journey when they dont even seem to be happy on it.

I mean, Isnt this what they wanted??

M:36 H:36
D14, D11, Baby due in March
M:15
T:18
Met OW: 3/12
H Moved out: 8/12
Legal Sep: 11/5/12
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard