Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27
J
JCJ Offline
J
Boo to non-recognition at work. That really s-cks!! Especially when you aren't feeling great about work anyway, that must have been really hard and it isn't inspiring for you.

(((Kat)))

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
It was hard to take especially after he kept telling me how great I am. Look I know that being good and kind mean more in the long run. However, money issues need to be solved and I know this job isn't going to do it. So instead of running to yet another dead end job, I am taking a look at myself and what type of job will match my personality. I need one where there is a variety of things going on, not routine.

Yesterday I had a bit of down time and I kept thinking how bored I am. I do love most of these people, my stalker is not included.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
It was hard to take especially after he kept telling me how great I am. Look I know that being good and kind mean more in the long run. However, money issues need to be solved and I know this job isn't going to do it. So instead of running to yet another dead end job, I am taking a look at myself and what type of job will match my personality. I need one where there is a variety of things going on, not routine.

Yesterday I had a bit of down time and I kept thinking how bored I am. I do love most of these people, my stalker is not included.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Two police officers were shot and killed not too far from my house. Adding that to the sadness of Fridays shootings, it is almost too much to bare.

A bright light shone throgh the darkness in the form of my daughter from Slovakia coming home. She will be here until January 4th. She is wondering what is going on here. She certainly isn't alone with those thoughts.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
M
M
I heard about the police officers. So sad. They come to respond to a suspicious vehicle and this happens to them. Horrible.

So glad your Slovakian daughter is here for the holidays! Is she staying with you the whole time?

JOY!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

S
S
The violence continues. That is absolutely horrifying!. Two Police officers shot and killed.

We lost 2 police officers responding to a domestic call a couple of years ago. But they were not shot. They went around a curve and hit a moose. Both died instantly. It sounds funny. It was terribly tragic. But it did not involve gunfire. In Canada - it is SO rare because there are so few guns.

The U.S. government responded quickly and firmly when they reacted to 9-11. SO many changes were quickly implemented. Makes it a pain in the butt to fly but it also makes us feel safer. Why can't they do the same with gun control? And why do so many Americans cling to the constitution and their right to bear arms? Guns are for killing people. I've heard so many on FB saying they feel the need now to further ARM themselves? Are you kidding? MORE guns on the streets and in our schools? Less guns. Please. Less guns. Let the military and the experienced, trained, licensed hunters have guns. But why do people need them in their homes and in their glove compartments?

Sorry for the hijack, Kat. I know this is a controversial subject but for me, a Canadian who has NEVER seen a handgun - I just don't understand why these changes were not implemented a long, long time ago. I know my opinion here will be controversial but I am just SO sad for these children.

Kat, I am happy that your Slovakian daughter has arrived. That must mean SO much to you and your happiness this Christmas.

Barb

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Barb, you are fine. Mish, she will be here the whole time. She will kind of follow the boys as far as my ex. So glad she is here. It is as if no time has passes except my kids are all older. D14 was so excited to have her here. s17 didn't remember her too well. All of the divorce/Seperation stuff happened within a year of her leaving, so I think a lot got blurred in their memories.

I am off work today but have to work the rest of the week. Then I will have the next 2 weeks off during the holiday. I don't know how I will get throgh work the next few days! Lol!

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I was going to add that I never felt safe going to that store. I would go there on a very rare occasion but even with a security guard, I wasn't comfortable. Not a great neighborhood.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Great, I just found out that there is a rumor that some people are planning a shoot up at my sons high school tomorrow. S20's girlfriend' s grandfather is one of the cops at the high school. They are taking the threat pretty seriously.

I don't know wether to keep him home, call the school or what. Ideas?

Kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
S
S
Keep him home. PERIOD> Take No chances. Too many weird things going on. You won't regret it even if it is a hoax!

Barb

Page 25 of 27 1 2 23 24 25 26 27

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard