Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
M
M
Originally Posted By: Spartan
I completely understand your frustration here also, sounds like my W in many ways. She said something yesterday that I just can't figure out what she means and I've been racking my brain to see her side so I can correct my behavior/ presentation.

Splain please ????

Specifics .....Not an essay

: )

S
Spartan Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Mach1
I completely understand your frustration here also, sounds like my W in many ways. She said something yesterday that I just can't figure out what she means and I've been racking my brain to see her side so I can correct my behavior/ presentation.

Splain please ????

Specifics .....Not an essay

: )

Sorry I know I get a little wordy with my posts so will keep this short.

She said I never finish anything and that's why it's tough for her to believe the changes she's seeing will last. When I posted I didn't get it because I finish most everything I feel is worth finishing. I have a successful career, started and sold off business years ago for nice profit...

After some thought I see her point because I do stop things (sometimes soon after starting) that I don't think have value. Examples: hobbies that aren't as fun as I thought, marathon training after injury, couple business ventures years ago that I didn't like business plans, etc... I never explained why I quit so she just sees me start things and quit them for no reason and jump to next thing.

A 180 is to finish things in hopper even if I don't necessarily want to or explain to her why I'm no longer pursuing. Also will help with her fundraiser until completion (so far that's going great).

Personality is who the world sees, character is who you are

Turn your trials into your testimonies

Don't believe everything you think

Expectations are resentments waiting to happen
M
M

Sorry I know I get a little wordy with my posts so will keep this short.

She said I never finish anything and that's why it's tough for her to believe the changes she's seeing will last. When I posted I didn't get it because I finish most everything I feel is worth finishing. I have a successful career, started and sold off business years ago for nice profit...

After some thought I see her point because I do stop things (sometimes soon after starting) that I don't think have value. Examples: hobbies that aren't as fun as I thought, marathon training after injury, couple business ventures years ago that I didn't like business plans, etc... I never explained why I quit so she just sees me start things and quit them for no reason and jump to next thing.

A 180 is to finish things in hopper even if I don't necessarily want to or explain to her why I'm no longer pursuing. Also will help with her fundraiser until completion (so far that's going great).

Nah, don't apologize for being yourself......ever

So, finishing things....

It appears to have struck a chord in you....

You see the truth in her words, and you don't like it...

So what is it, that you want to finish ?

The only way I know to change that...is Time, and consistent actions...

S
Spartan Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Went over 100 posts so started new thread:

Stop The D

Personality is who the world sees, character is who you are

Turn your trials into your testimonies

Don't believe everything you think

Expectations are resentments waiting to happen
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis