Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
D
Delboy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Here is another song, Stunning! Pease take a listen!

I’m in tears writing this. Love Delboy

Perform By: The Four Seasons (& Frankie Valli) 1975

‘The Night’

Beware, of his promise
Believe, what I say
Before, I go forever
Be sure, of what you say

So he paints a pretty picture
And he tells you that he needs you
And he covers you with flowers
And he always keeps you dreamin’

If he always keeps you dreamin’
You won’t mind the lonely hour
If a day could last forever
You might like your ivory tower

But the night begins to turn your head around
And you know you’re gonna lose more than you’ve found
Yes, the night begins to turn your head around

Beware, of his promise
Believe, what I say
Before, I go forever
Be sure, of what you say

For the words become too easy
If you don’t believe I’m leaving
And goodbye may come too quickly
If you really think he loves you

If you really think he loves you
You would give your love so sweetly
If the day could last forever
You would fall in love completely

But the night begins to turn your head around

And the night begins to turn your head around

D
Delboy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi Folks, I Just been litening to the BBC Radio 2, Steve wright,'Sunday love songs.' A woman wrote in: 'Could you please play a song for my new husband. I was divorced for 17 years and I've just remarried my Ex husband!'

See no one knows how the future will pan out!

Love
Delboy

D
Delboy Offline OP
OP Offline
D

All the breath that I take every breath I make, I make for You Lord Jesus
Every word that I make, every step that I take, I take for You Lord Jesus

All the work that I do, and the chores at home too, I do for You Lord Jesus
All the trials I go through and the trouble too, I do for You Lord Jesus

All the good that I do, although it seems few, I do for You Lord Jesus
All the things of the day, I ask as I pray, I do for You Lord Jesus

All my family and friends, renew and mend, I offer to You Lord Jesus
All my enemies too I offer to You Lord Jesus

All the good and the bad, the joy and the sad, I offer to You Lord Jesus
All the things that I read, all the things that I see, I offer to You Lord Jesus

All the things that I write, I offer to You Lord Jesus
All the disputes and the fights, I know are not right, I offer to You Lord Jesus

All the hurts in my heart and the places of dark, I offer to You Lord Jesus
Have mercy on me I am naked you see, I love You Lord Jesus

You are the Saviour of the world; I thank You Lord Jesus

Written by Tom

(Who is a good friend and mentor to Delboy)

D
Delboy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
The following song was written by Gary Benson and was recorded by the shadows and was on the short list to be the UK’s 1974 or 1975 entry for the Eurovision song contest. It didn’t get selected so Gary himself did a version, which made the top 20 of the UK singles charts just before, I met Liz. Again the song is about heartache and rejection. But it’s absolutely brilliant, for many years I used to play this song (and others) while I was having a bath.

‘Don't Throw It All Away’

Here we go
Breaking up what we have built
Leaving out, all the things that we have felt,
Where was I, where was I before you came
And from the first time that I saw you,
I knew, that maybe I, maybe I do something wrong
How I tried, but the words won't fit the song
I found the door, but I couldn't find the key
And from the first time that I saw you, I thought, that you made me

So don't throw it all away
I don't wanna be the one who's gonna have to beg you stay
I don't wanna be the one to change your mind one more time
Please stay, don't throw it all away

Though it seems, that I just take it out on you
Don't you know, that only you can get me through
Found the door, now I know that you're the key
'Cause from the first time that I saw you, I thought, that you made me

So don't throw it all away
I don't wanna be the one to change your mind, one more time
Please stay, don't throw it all away... ah no

Don't throw it all away
I don't wanna be the one to change your mind, one more time
Please stay, don't throw it all away...

Love
Delboy

P.S. liz certainly threw it all away!

D
Delboy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi folks, I thought you might like the magnificent scenery here in the UK, it’s within 30 miles from where I live. In 1988 I worked along the waterway in the woods. Selective thinning out of trees and brushwood. There is also a famous choir from here called: the Fron (Froncysllte) Welsh male voice choir; (Froncysllte, pronounced: Vron-culth-sulth-tay: or Fron/vron for short, there is no V letter in welsh so a single F in pronounced as the letter V) the Fron is on the other side of this aqueduct (called the Pontcysyllte aqueduct) in the direction the narrowboat is travelling.

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trvDPfMcdds

D
Delboy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi Folks, it's middle D's (louise) birthday today. She's had a nice card from her mum and it's signed 'from your loving mother'! Louise see her mum about 5 or 6 times per year. She did go with younger D Dawn just before Christmas where they also met thier Nan.It's good to see that Liz never put Nic on the birthday card, which she sometimes does.

Happy New Year Everyone

Love

Delboy

job Offline
Happy New Year to you too.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
D
Delboy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Actually the card read, written in handwriting 'From your ever loving mother'!

Thanks for your good wishes Snodderley.

'Jobcenter plus' our government's work and sickness dept have just rung me up. She said at the moment the independent assessor said I can't go onto the support group, but they are not forcing me to find work.
So they ain't putting me onto jobseekers allowance which would mean I'm fit for work.

They want to keep me as it is (the same rate of benefit) and get reassessed in 4 to 6 months time. I said your employer the UK Government says the following: for the first 13 weeks we will pay you £71 per week Employment and Support Allowance. After this period and you’ve been assessed we will award you one of the following: Put you on to Job seeker’s allowance £71 per week, Put you in the Support group £105.15 per week, or work based group £99.15 per week.

She said to me you are still not fit for work, and it sounds as though your condition as worsened. So we’ll assesses you again (4 to 6 Months time) in the mean time keep going to the doctor’s and keep them investigating your condition!
You see after 13 weeks ESP stops and I should be on one of the three above options. She said I’m not fit to work so that rules out Jobseekers allowance. So I should be in either the Work based group (£99.15 per week) or the Support group (£105.05 per week) which she said I wasn’t considered ill enough to go into.

So I should not be on Employment and Support Allowance (it’s for the first 13 weeks only).
I’ll keep chasing them. But the Government use a premium rate phone number so it costs to ring them.

I’ve also tried to sort my tax out, and this premium rate phone line netted the UK Government £33 million pounds ($53.9649 million Dollars) for 2012. Our Country is not called ‘Rip off Britain for nothing’!

I’m off my soapbox now

Love
Delboy

D
Delboy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi Good Folks, just an update, I’ve been looking at the latest criteria for M.E, the list was put together by Dr’s who have treated 50,000 patients between them, and with a collective 500 years experience. My symptoms meet this criteria, it also says that about 70% of M.E sufferer’s also have Fibromyalgia (FM).

My doctor as already said that I myself know more about these conditions/diseases that he does. So you see the problem I have, all of these diseases are under researched especially in the UK. So I hope you can see the fun and games I’m having regarding treatment, understanding and getting financial help. I’ve made contact with a charity that is going to help me regarding sorting out the financial stuff, and hopefully me being able to make contact with other sufferer’s.

On Monday it was a nice dry mild/warm day 11 decrees Celsius. So I decided to run in Dawn’s Stomp 125 Pit bike engine, after its overhaul. Her and friend did it between them. (In March 2012 Dawn became a fully qualified car technician! So is her male friend who helped on the bike, him and his brother are into bikes and enter novice moto-cross events). I did one stint of 20 mins running in followed by a 10 mins stint, and 20 minutes adjustments. Because of this exertion I’ve had a bit of a crash/relapse, so I felt quite ill yesterday, headache, washed out feeling and very tired. You see it’s all about pacing and rest, and not over doing things!

Updates on other daughters, Louise as gone back to work after 5 weeks off 3 weeks sick leave, 2 weeks holidays. Did any of you see the opening ceremony of the Olympics? There was a (BWM) mini car that was driven up the ramp onto like the stage area, where a woman got out and had a carry bag in her hand. Well the company that Louise works for designed and made this, including the help of Louise but she wasn’t told what it was for. She said they had a few rejects of it, I said could you get your hands on one, but I’ve heard no more about it.

Eldest D Ann still lives with my Mum, and she’s had to go back to being a nanny again. But not with the family she used to do standing in nanny-ing for before in 2004 –06. That family are one of the richest in Europe, well the kids mother is and her husband is an explorer and mountaineer.
It’s a pity she didn’t keep in with them, she used to go on busman’s holidays with them. At times flying in a private jet to the castle like villa they own in Corfu and holidaying in Egypt. And also staying with the Duke and Duchess of Northumberland in Alnwick castle (Harry potter) and getting paid in cash. I remember her moaning about it new year 06, she spent 2 hours short of 4 days with them here, she would have the 2 kids aged 5 and 7 for between 8:30 am and 8.00pm each day and she got paid £1,000 cash! ($1,600). In Corfu she would have the same working hours and 1 day a week off and get paid £800 ($1,280) per week cash!

I think I would also be moaning ! Not likely!!!

Getting back to Dawn, the following appeared with a photo in our local newspaper early Aug 12:
‘Dawn Is A ……. Graduate’
A 22 year old mechanic from ……… has just graduated from a ……. Apprenticeship with …… Motors of ………..
Dawn …… a former pupil pupil of L……. school, went on to gain her level 3 City & Guilds in motor vehicle maintenance before joining the main car dealership in 2009.
Dawn said: “ I’ve been here for 2 and a half years, did my apprenticeship and I’m really happy here. My father is semi-skilled in mechanics and I followed him really”.
HR and marketing manager S…. said: “Dawn was the only apprentice in the workshop. She went on the ……. apprenticeship programme. She has completely finished it now and did really, really well. We took her on because she was the best (choice) apprentice that year. Our decision to choose her was obviously right, because she’s qualified and she’s a fantastic addition to the team. She’s an absolute asset to the workshop. She had some really good people to work with”. S…. said ……’s have a history of retaining their apprentices………….

Love
Delboy

D
Delboy Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Hi Good folks, as I write this at 2:40 PM Local time it's exactly 54 years ago to the minute I was born! I've just had it confirmed by my Mum.

Love
Delboy

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard