Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks 25. I thought W quit her job from my interpretation of her email. I spoke with her the other day and I had it wrong, she hasn’t quit her job yet. She's been working part time for years and she's recently decided to look for full time work.

In terms of my age, haaaaa. Sh!t, I wish I was in my 20's. And the Christmas thing, she's taking the kids cross country to visit her parents and I don’t plan on raising an issue about it. It will be very hard regardless of the plans I make.

I was with OW the other day and we were driving her fancy convertible sports car around town. I was the driver and she was the passenger. I was driving around a sharp corner and ended up spinning out. Her car was pretty much totaled but luckily nobody got hurt. She's really pissed at me, understandably so. I can confidently say OW is no longer in the picture, (by her choice). Oh well, I will be just fine.

Things have continued to be very difficult but I am thankful I am doing a great job detaching. I’ve come to terms with what's happened with W. I still love her a lot but the rollercoaster isn’t as big as it used to be. The highs and lows have leveled out. My W and our sitch used to be on my mind all the time. It's now just a brief thought from time to time. Love to my DB family! laugh

L
L
Glad you're OK.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
B
B
glad you are ok too Rough

TPS
Me: 44 H: 42
M14 T17
S10 D7
10/10 H moves out after death of his father-same month
21/04/12 H is 'DONE'
04/05/12 OW/PA confirmed (rumors from 2010)
July '14 H ends affair
May '15 H moves back home
R
OP Offline
R
Yeah, the car was totaled. We were so lucky to escape with no injuries. It could have easily been a deadly accident. Anyway, just plugging away with my life. I am getting accustom to living by myself.

I was with my son earlier today and I told him that I wasn’t going to be with him on Thanksgiving and he broke down crying. I needed to listen to him and validate his feelings but man, was that tough.

Anyway, I am finding myself again, the old Rough. It’s pretty cool because I felt like I lost myself for such a long time. I don’t know what the future holds but I will be just fine. I will be forever thankful to all of you and I hope my DB family is doing well

Wait,
I thought you were getting the kids on Thanksgiving? Did I miss something?

M 42 H 39
T10 (-2yrs separation)
S8 D5
DD 7/30/11 (EA&PA)
Reconciled 6/2013
Separation in works 1/2017
L
L
Rough, are you giving us the brush-off?

Remember we've all been dumped before, we know the brush-off when we read it.

smile

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
R
OP Offline
R
This is REALLY hard for me everyone!!!! Here’s a message I just received from W. I know Denver had a good letter, it said something like “ I will not get in the way with your happiness.” It said a lot more then that but please forward it, if you have it. I am REALLY sad, thanks everyone.

Hi Rough, so its time… I m going to file for divorce! I printed all the paperwork out today and I am going to fill it out and file it..Please sign the papers when they come! We can tell our kids when you’re ready, but soon. I’d like 25% of your pay! If you’re doing bad, I suffer….If you’re doing well, you make up to me for all these years of hard stuff!!!! It’s time to move on, I am letting you know it’s coming! I don’t feel the need for us to have another tearful exchange, its time and it’s time for us to start healing! I’ll be more than fair. Same parenting agreement every other weekend, every Tuesday night on my weekends, holidays to be negotiated freely.
You go find a women that will adore you! Please choose well for the sake of our children! I will always care for you and have love in my heart for you.

R
OP Offline
R
Chances are she's seeing someone with her last comment but I dont feel that changes much. I am holding off on a response till I hear from you smart folks.

Ride the wave of the emotion. Wait til tomorrow to reply. Take care of RE before anything else. When you're down, what do you like to do?

M 42 H 39
T10 (-2yrs separation)
S8 D5
DD 7/30/11 (EA&PA)
Reconciled 6/2013
Separation in works 1/2017
D
D
I'm sorry to hear this Rough. You need to take as much time as you need before responding.

My response that I wrote to my W when she asked me is somewhere around here. It's in my threads around December 23rd, 24th, or so of 2010.

The jist of it is... "Go do what you need to do to find your missing happiness, but I will not help you destroy our marriage and our family".

Hang in there.

M 43
T 13
W moves out of home 11/2010
Roller coaster from hell 2/2011-5/2012
I request divorce 5/2012
W moves home 6/2012
Good time 7/2012 - 1/2015
I leave 3/2016
process of divorce
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis