Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
L
OP Offline
L
Thanks everyone - I will endeavor to write in paragraphs from now on too!

A few questions: I picked up some things from the post office for my H today and sent him a simple message just saying I wanted to let him know there were a couple of parcels for him (didn't expect a reply I don't think as he hasn't been doing).

I did get one back saying thanks and that he hopes I am well and that he is going to drop around in Friday to collect them and to go through the lawyers paper work for the financial separation frown . I replied no worries, but cant do Friday as I am out but maybe next week...' didn't want to sound to available and I am planning to go out!

Question is: when he does come over, do I or do I not wear my wedding rings? Should I take down our wedding photo's in our home to show him I am detaching? Also, do I offer him dinner when him comes over?

Thanks for your advice!

I am planning to get myself a copy of the Happiness Trap - sounds like it would be helpful for me! Take care everyone, hoping you are all having a positive day! smile

A
A
I would not wear the rings, since he says he's done he will perceive you wearing the rings as pressure or disagreement with his position. Also if he notices you're not wearing them he may start to worry that perhaps he can't just count on you always waiting around for him. If he asks why you're not wearing them then be mysterious about it, just say something like "oh yes, I quit wearing them a while back" and leave it at that.

Regarding the photos, that's your call. I took them down from my house just because it helped me detach, it wasn't to send any kind of message to W. There weren't many around anyway in my case.

I would not offer him dinner. He's coming over to work out separation, no need to make a date out of it!

Me: 60 w/ S18, D24, D27

M: 21 years; BD: 06-14-12; S: 09-10-12; D final: 03-17-14; XW:57
L
OP Offline
L
Thank you, noted and I will take your advice! Think I will put away the photos too, hard as that will be. Going to be so hard to stay upbeat and not get teary but I can do it!

Woke up crying again at 5am, I am so tired of feeling tired and sad and missing him. Ho hum, staying strong and will not text him to say I miss him even though I want to with every bone in my body. Ok, time to try any get some more rest!

A
A
Do you have a dog or cat? I have a little dog and she really helped get me through the first couple of weeks after W left. The bed just seemed so empty at first, but having a warm body next to you helps, even if it's a little bitty one smile

L
OP Offline
L
Only gold fish and they not so warm and cuddly! The hardest part is I miss my friend, my very best friend, so very very very much. Wish the tears would sto my eyes are so sore! Oh my goodness I miss him!!!!!!!!

C
C
Originally Posted By: LittleWings
Only gold fish and they not so warm and cuddly! The hardest part is I miss my friend, my very best friend, so very very very much. Wish the tears would sto my eyes are so sore! Oh my goodness I miss him!!!!!!!!

What you feel is perfectly normal.

Good job not texting.

Me-70, D37,S36
A
A
Originally Posted By: LittleWings

So sorry you're hurting!! I can relate, I really missed my W the first few weeks after S. But it does get better, after S it becomes easier to detach and GAL. Focus on that because that's all you can control. And consider a warm fuzzy pet,I'm serious about it making a big difference smile

L
OP Offline
L
Not coping today, feel like I am going crazy and so very very lonely. H popped round to pick up post last night, first time seen him in 3 weeks. Conversation was light and chatty and some friendly 'touches' . The plan was that he would keep the house and move back into it and I would move out. Now he says it is to hard for him to live unit so he will rent it out and stay renting? I cried I know I know I shouldn't have, I asked him please come home.

He says he's not seeing anyone else, but who knows. It seems so crazy. Is there really any hope. I know it is early days but I can't sleep, I feel like I am barely functioning or just on autopilot and emotional shut down cause it hurts way too much.

Any advice is welcome! Thanks

L
OP Offline
L
Sorry that this was so badly written, I was typing on my phone and incredibly tired.....!

G
G
LittleWings...we have all been where you are, feeling rejected, hurt, lonely and scared, that is why it is so important to GAL. It is important you do this for your sanity and to detach. You will get better at DB'ing with a good understanding of its principles, which you can learn from reading and re-reading DR, this board and anything other reading material widely recommended here.

There is always hope. Its not over until its over. Keep up your 180's, read, GAL, detach, show H your new positive attitude whenever you get the chance. Be the person he fell in love with and a person only a fool would leave.

Take care and stay strong.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard