Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
kml #2346138 05/07/13 02:45 AM
A
AJM Offline
A
Eric, it's truly a gift that your son could say that to you. It shows what a great dad you have become and a great leader.

Looking forward to hearing about the escapades.

As for your daughter. Good luck, amigo. They can be a real challenge a real joy to their fathers smile

Peace,
AJ

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter" MLK
Put the glass down...
"Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world
Today I am wise, so I am changing myself."
kml #2412709 12/09/13 09:39 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Holy chit...it has been a year since I posted an update. Wow...how time flies when you are living the dream smile

Quick update

Life is good.

Kidos are fine. My daughter is now in dance classes. I take her to ballet on Wednesday and hip hop on Thursdays.

Things are excellent with my girlfriend. We have had our ups and downs but we really figured it out...and IMO, I now have type of R that I believe enables us to figure out anything else that may come up. I learned how to do this from DB! I remain gratful for so many of you who continued and still continue to challenge me.

I have unfortunately gained a few pounds back. I need to get back on track and drop the extra pounds but with the holidays it has been tough. I am at 210lb....up from my all time low of 170 (post bomb) but still less than the 248 I hit when I was married to my xw.

Work is work...I had a very successful year. I managed to project manage the opening of a new investment office in Japan, which was very cool. I flew out twice and have to say that it is a wonderful country.

My oldest is working part time as a chef and as a part time UPS worker. He dropped out of school, which I think for him makes a lot of sence. He is planning on moving out in the next few months. Our R is great. He actually broke up with his girlfriend (who cheated on him) and now is looking to reconcile. I know he has the tools to do what ever works for him.

My younger son, is in college and doing very well. He is a psych major. He also works at the same restaurant as his brother. He has been dating his girlfriend now for over a year and it seems to be going well.

Both boys have cars and are for the most part self sufficient.

My daughter (who will be 13 next year) is.....well....entering the teenage years. What I have learned is that a teenage girl and teenage boy are VERY different. smile FTR, IMO, BOYS are easier. I will DB my daughter just as I have my boys. Firm boundaries, clear communication and guess what...daddy does not own your chit - you do. smile

I have remained pretty much NC with my XW. I am not even sure when the last time we actually spoke. Our communications are via email and are far and few between.

XW is still with OM and I think the R is going well. The boys after a period of anger towards him, have settled in.

For those of you who have not been on this ride long...I will repeat to you what you probably have already heard....it does get better. It really does - IF YOU WANT IT TO.

We all have a choice over what we choose to do, allow, respond to, etc.... Chose wisely and realize that you matter..

For those of you who may still be carrying around guilt - let it go. Chances are you did the best you could with the tools you had at the time.

Peace
Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
U
U
Hey my friend, so glad things are going so well for you.

Cant believe your daughter is 12 already. Times flies, right?

This was hard stuff. We all gave you a tough time, but, you came through it all. smile

D
D
You can still rock a pink tutu also, don't forget.

Everybody hurts. It's part of life. Don't miss the good stuff.
Drew #2412754 12/09/13 11:15 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Thx ur and drew.

Ftr I am still pulling splinters out of my arse. wink

job Offline
I am very happy to read that things are going along smoothly. Your daughter is growing up quickly and you are correct that teenage girls are different than teenage boys!

Your sons sound like they are doing well and cooking soothes the soul.

I'm glad you finally came back to give us an update. You've been popping up around the forum, but it's always nice to read your updates and a lot has happened over the last year.

Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
job #2412964 12/10/13 03:37 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Thank you Job!

Yeah the daughter thing is going to be interesting... smile

I do pop in and out on the boards. I took a fair amount of time off, which I think is good. It is good to step away for a while.

Happy holidays to you and yours as well!

M
M
Originally Posted By: ePicmsant2
Ftr I am still pulling splinters out of my arse. wink

You earned every splinter you ever got...

Just sayin

Happy Holidays to you and yours....

It is good to see you again (not reading the novels, just seeing you)

: )

Mach1 #2413043 12/10/13 06:55 PM
E
OP Offline
E
Mach,

Happy Holidays to you and yours too. Let the kidos I said "hi". Close the pool yet?

Okay on an aside...I'm sure being the chef that you are you will appreciate it this...

so I went to this Asia supermarket a couple of towns from home the other day. Totally cool. It almost felt like I was back in Japan. Anywhoo...I think I am going to try and make a whole duck for X-Mas. If ya have any cool reciepts...ones that YOU have actually done - email them to me.

M
M
I have zero, zilch, nada for a Duck...

I could ask around though...

And I hear the their tape is pretty good : )

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard