Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
N
N
It is good to know that my phone calls with my ex were a major factor for breaking up with her lover during our separation.
She also told me several times to give up. Now 1 year and a couple of months later we are reconciling very slowly.

P
OP Offline
P
Thank you for sharing some Hope

(F.K.A. Broken422)

US 40's
M 17,T 19
2 BOYS 13,16
Divorced 4/2012
11/2011 W SAID SHE WANTS D

"When it is dark enough,you can see the stars"- Ralph Waldo Emerson
D
D
Originally Posted By: Nukem
It is good to know that my phone calls with my ex were a major factor for breaking up with her lover during our separation.
She also told me several times to give up. Now 1 year and a couple of months later we are reconciling very slowly.

How did the phone calls go down? I'm trying to figure out what the content of the phone calls were and whether you had an objective. If you stayed out of a subject area, what type of emotions you projected, etc.

P
OP Offline
P
Well, xw just called together a family meeting. She wanted to announce to the kids ( and me) that we should give up any hope of reconciliation & just move on. She said that she still loves me ... But the dsmsge is done &!its too late

I guess it's over.

Life [censored]

(F.K.A. Broken422)

US 40's
M 17,T 19
2 BOYS 13,16
Divorced 4/2012

P
OP Offline
P
We had a big blow-out . Xw ( so odd to refer to her as that now) called a family meeting to announce that the Boys and I should give up any hope of reconciliation.
This stemmed from me stupidly announcing during a family dinner with guest that her boyfriend - the om - was calling on her cell ph ( he really was)& that she should answer it.
Another mistake I made-- I found a book of hers "avoiding the booty call blues- finding your true love" - I gave it to her along with several love letters that she had written to me... I said " this is why I'm confused- could you explain which of these portrays our relationship"

Yup / big mistakes. She called me jeckyl & Hyde and I called her an ice princess whore....

Kinda hard to fix this

(F.K.A. Broken422)

US 40's
M 17,T 19
2 BOYS 13,16
Divorced 4/2012

P
OP Offline
P
^^^
Finally on anxiety and depression meds -
Hopefully this dulls some of the misery.
I apologized and explained that my last big obstacle to overcome is imagining her with other men- the jealousy tears my heart to shreds because I see it as an end of a twenty year relationship.
Hopefully someday she'll reconsider.

(F.K.A. Broken422)

US 40's
M 17,T 19
2 BOYS 13,16
Divorced 4/2012

P
OP Offline
P
When there has been back-sliding & your WAS says that they love you but there is no chance that she is ever coming back-
and om is involved...
Is the situation hopeless & should I believe anything a WAS says?

(F.K.A. Broken422)

US 40's
M 17,T 19
2 BOYS 13,16
Divorced 4/2012

M
M
First of all, you're D.

Second, the reason why you're in this same situation is that you haven't detached and changed yourself for the better. You still have low self-esteem problems and depend on your XW for happiness.

Move on. That's the only way you have a shot at getting your W back.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
N
N
Originally Posted By: DaddyLongShanks
Originally Posted By: Nukem

How did the phone calls go down? I'm trying to figure out what the content of the phone calls were and whether you had an objective. If you stayed out of a subject area, what type of emotions you projected, etc.

I don't remember well. We maintained contact and talked about everything including us. I even manifested some kind of suicidal thoughts. The OM was very jealous that she continued her communication with me.

M
M
This is PERSERVERANCE'S thread. Try not to hijack it.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard