Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17
K
K
Isn't there someone over the supervisor's head that you could go to? I see her as running things day to day but she has to have a boss somewhere I would think.

I would do the part time private/part time agency if I were you. The stress of the supervisor has to be enough to drive even a saint crazy! Hang in there. oh and how soon is your trip?

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
kat727 #2279894 09/11/12 04:46 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi Kat,

No - she owns the small private company. I am looking into alternatives - the best I can do I guess.

Had planned his trip for 3rd week of Oct to accomodate her workers who are in school. I can be flexible, though. In fact - November/early December is better for me.

Our local government supervisor (who knows the whole story well) suggests I keep her on for her reliability and good nursing practise but find private for any extra stuff (like overnights, trips etc). And I still thinking of a live-in nurse/nanny - but that's a big change.

It never ends...

Thanks for looking at the big picture, not just my rants when I'm exasperated!

Barb

M
M
I'm sure it has got to be so exasperating to be stuck working with someone who is so people un-friendly. I don't deal well with people like that. Living in the beautiful surroundings does limit your options I'm sure. The idea of part-time agency/part-time private sounds like a winner if you can find someone who is skilled enough to help Ryan.

So sorry you are stuck in this grind.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Mish
My first knee jerk reaction today was to fire back an appropriate but angry response. But after all my time in D B - I have learned not to. I have to consider what my goal is & what writing that is likely to accomplish. So I didn't. & I'm ad I didnt
Going to list my options & keep plugging away at it. Trying. It tote this eat me up from the inside out
Barb

S
OP Offline
S
WOW - lots of typos. No - I was not drunk. I was texting without my glasses on at the dentist. Better not try that again. LOL

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
So today is 9 - 11. I'm sure everyone one of us can remember where we were and what we were doing that day.

My horror began a few days before. My marriage broke up and I was just learning about the affair. My ex had just moved out. My kids saw their family being destroyed then it seemed like the world was falling apart too.

My youngest, Ashley, turned 13 the day after 9 - 11 (yes, she turns 24 tomorrow). I had bought her tickets to Backstreet Boys in Toronto on her birthday. Strangely, her dad had not wanted to go (figured that out too late). It did not look like they would even perform but announced that afternoon they were going ahead in honour of a band member who was on one of the planes that went down.

So we drove to Toronto. Went to a nice restaurant. She couldn't eat. Felt ill. (No wonder, I guess). I paid $700 for the 2 tickets. Guess what? She lay down on the seat and never lifted her head to even see them!

That's what I remember of 9 - 11. But knowing that my kids were home and safe that day - that is what I needed. And we clung together. And we watched in horror like everyone else. And now we remember all those who died. And we are grateful for surviving and although the world has changed. We are all stronger for it.

Barb

K
K
I remember being so scared that my friends from Bostonwere on a flight but of course scared for my flight attendant friends. At first they didn't say which carrier was hijacked just an American carrier.

All my training started going through my head. Where were the entire crew, how many hijackers, on and on. I watched and cried the whole day. I was so relieved that there were no UsAirways planes involved but devasted none the less.

All the reasons I quit flying came back to me. The Usairways crash of 1994 was my deciding factor. I lost friends and crew mates from my Philly base. I kept flying until I wasn't scared anymore. I took the terrorist attacks the same way, I couldnt stop living because I was afraid of another attack.

Every 9-11 I feel I owe the victims the attention of their last moments. God bless us all.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
kat727 #2280057 09/12/12 01:28 AM
F
F
I was on my way to work and heard it on the radio...I thought it was one of the morning show pranks...it wasn't believable to me until I got into the level 5 EBD school full of thuggy kids who were all silent and glued to the TV that it was real to me. That night, my friend and I had tickets to see Riverdance and the performers had 5 mins of silence for those lost. It was so powerful to be sitting in a huge theater of complete silence.

We were talking about it in school today and the kids I am teaching today will never know a world where they could go to the airport and see someone onto the plane

or not go through security checkpoints

or see the twin towers in the New York skyline

#2280065 09/12/12 01:50 AM
S
OP Offline
S
kat, Fig & Gineen,

Reading your posts just brings it all back. I have goosebumps. One would have to be a hermit not to be affected by it all.

kat: It must have been so hard to lose friends/co-workers. I fly all the time but I was once in a microburst where all the flight attendants were injured. When we landed in Baltimore - they were all taken off on stretchers - that was terrifying. But as you say - you need to get back up there. Life goes on.

Fig: I can relate. The Backstreet Boys did a candlelight vigil - it was very somber. The Air Canada Center (huge) was only about 1/3 full. There were many threats of bombing to Union Station in Toronto and the ACC is right there so most people just didn't go. Not sure why we did.

Gineen: You must have been so afraid for your dad. I think there was nothing worse than worrying about where your family members were. And our exes were real dicks! Mine came over that night to bring Ashley's birthday gift to her AND pack up his CDs right in front of her! So she is stressed over his leaving and 9-11 but he actually packed his things right in front of her rather than worrying about the impact. And strangely - I could sense that OW had picked out Ashley's gifts. The OW he was vehemenently denying. Hmmm... I told him he was being insensitive to her feelings. He replied that "She is aware I'm leaving". UGH...

On Friday he texted me "You never told me that Ryan has a Superbug!". I thought "what???". He wrote back a little while later. "Oh, I was just reading a text you sent me in June. I was mixed up". DUH!

Barb

#2280078 09/12/12 02:07 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Gineen: You're so right. I KNOW my ex has lost his marbles. We just have a laugh at his expense more often than not these days. Even the kids tell me stories and laugh all the time. But at least we're not fighting...

I know what you mean about it being a bright spot. We try not to focus on the sadness of 9-11 (with all due respect thought) - we celebrate this week - the birth of a lovely girl!

Barb

Page 15 of 17 1 2 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard