Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
K
K
So glad he is continuing to do well. Also glad that you are home and not in Florida right now. I went through a hurricane and it wasn't fun.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
kat727 #2275434 08/28/12 01:30 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks Kat!

And you are SO right about Florida. I have been watching the hurricane's progress. Luckily, I have friends in Key West, Sanibel and Fort Myers and they're helped keep me posted.

When I was there in June we had Tropical Storm Debbie which almost became a hurricane. I learned A LOT about hurricanes then. Fortunately, the condo is concrete and mine is ground floor. It is one of the safer places. But who wants to be in all that rain anyway?

We've had a really hot, sunny summer (yes - even in Canada). It was over 90 again all w/e but today was gorgeous in the afternoon. Perfect temp ( a bit cooler) and sunny. Just loving it!

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
Today is my BOMBAVERSARY! I did not think I would remember. Trouble is - it is also a couple of birthdays which I remember on the same day.

My daughter's friend, Chelsea turns 23 today. She turned 12 on the day my husband was arrested and our marriage ended. I will never forget getting the phone calls from the Police that they were keeping him in Jail overnight and that I was NOT to pick him up as he was uttering death threats to them about me. Unbelievable!!!

I also remember my own 12 year old daughter being in the room and I was trying not to let her hear most of the conversation. UGH UGH UGH!

I am SO lucky to be rid of that horror. Once in a blue moon - I remember. Scary stuff!

Ex texted me last night to ask about Ryan. 2 weeks after his release from hospital. At least he asked I guess.

My life is about a thousand times better without him in it. Today I will celebrate - HIS LEAVING!!! Good riddance!

Barb

S
OP Offline
S
Back to the original subject matter - the nursing agency supervisor from Hell.

So...

When we negotiated the contract last June (which was never a real negotiation as she did not give in on a single issue) - she promised me they would work on walking daily, take him swimming and we were to meet about him going to Florida in October. He went into hospital shortly after and everything was put on hold.

So Ryan is out of hospital and doing much better than before he went in. Guess what? Not only do they not walk him or take him to the pool - yesterday she dropped the bomb that she will only release one worker to go with me to take him to Disney World and since that worker can't handle it completely on her own - the trip is off!

I cannot believe that I deal with this garbage. But there is no other agency here that can handle it.

I did not sleep all night.

Barb

#2279240 09/09/12 02:13 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Thanks G! I know you're right. I would love to get rid of her completely. Wish you and Gabby could come - how fun would that be????

Anyway - I'm off to celebrate my daughter's birthday and wine tasting with my son, Josh, my Dad etc. LOVE my family!

Thanks for the sweet comments on the photo.

Barb

F
F
Barb...are there specific reasons to go through an agency vs a specific person or people?

I know for our waiver services, they want us to use agencies but we can also get our own people, as long as they are cleared through the agency

#2279416 09/10/12 03:04 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Yes -! Thus is what I've been thinking. Trouble is being in a new town & it's rural. Im going to look at more options but I think more than one care plan is best

S
OP Offline
S
Fig: Sorry I didn't reply till now - was mostly offline due to being out of town.

Most of it is not knowing enough people here. And as Gineen points out - the reliability.

The agency I use has his care nailed. THey are fabulous. Their reliability - the best ever. But the supervisor [censored]! she is like Hitler. She is like this with everyone.

She is a 30something pompous lesbian. And trust me - I'm no homophobic in any sense of the word. I mention her orientation because it really seems that she is so defensive about her lifestyle that she extends that defensive/bossy/cockiness to all her dealings. And trust me - she gouges and bosses EVERYONE! From the government liaisons to the medical supply vendors to the physiotherapists, OT & dieticians - EVERYONE complains about her. She is a BEEYOTCH of the worst kind.

So - the eternal question. Do I do what is best for Ryan's health care or for the emotional wellbeing of all of us (him included)?

This morning she emailed me back - furious that I had actually SPOKEN to one of the workers about the Disney Trip after she had told me the worker was unavailable to me. Ummm - all the workers had been talking to me about it for some time.

I AM FLIPPING! This is not good for my health.

Anyone want to go to Disney World???

Barb

L
L
I won't read your thread again, not sure why I did this morning. I can't believe what I just read. My .02, I've met many straight women with the same personality traits you describe.

I can understand your anger at this person but your ad hominem statement adds nothing to your point.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
labug #2279874 09/11/12 04:01 PM
S
OP Offline
S
labug: Thanks for your comment. It is not what my spewing was about, though.

My point was that she seems to be so defensive about her gay rights - although there is no need since myself and others who deal with her and also with me have noticed this. We do not care at all that she is gay. I have dozens of gay friends. The point I was making was that she seems to use her defensiveness of her lifestyle to defend her right to control everyone and everything around her. This was NOT meant that all that she is defensive because she is gay. None of my other gay friends are defensive like this but it is evident that she uses this as an "in your face" kind of behaviour.

I did not write it in order to pi$$ you or anyone else off. Obviously you have already made a judgement of me by what you read last week when you really don't know me or my situation at all. If you choose to not read my thread - that is fine. I am always open to comments but I can see you do not get where I am coming from.

Barb

Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard