Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
B
OP Offline
B
Nice going Chatterbug! I didn't get my 10k in did another 5 and was going to carry on but my knee wasn't quite up to it.

I went a bit DIY crazy yesterday, sorting out my neglected under the stairs cupboard. After throwing half of the stuff away, gave it a good Hoover and mopped the floor.

Then I said to myself that bit needs a new skirting board, which I fitted along with new flooring and painted it all - didn't stop from about 2pm til 11pm, but it looks great!!

Only thing now is sorting out what's going back in there and moving some stuff to the attic - but it'll be a more useable space and will get a few things out of our bedroom (bonus).

I'm gonna see how my knee is later and try to do my 10k tonight.

Keep up your good work cutter, you are going hard at it again!!

Bill

Me 34 W 32
D 9 S 6
M: 9 years
T: 12
Bomb: 02/11/12
EA/PA: 12/17/11 - ongoing
Moved out: Oct 2012
Joint Filed for D: 2/11/13

Don't just GAL, find yourself and be happy
B
OP Offline
B
My thighs were so stiff yessterday after being up and down ladders all afternoon - very pleased with the results of my little DIY project though.

Got my 10K in this morning - just come back from it. smile

That's the longest I've run in nearly 2 years so I'm definitely having a rest day tomorrow.

How are you feeling after your 8 mile run yesterday?

Me 34 W 32
D 9 S 6

C
C
The Saturday run was very hot. Then I helped move for 14 hours on sunday. Still feeling that. So no run this morning going to run tonight.

smile

Congrats on the DIY project. It is nice to come here and talk about some accomplishments that we ourselves are completing. This week my main goal is to get 3 runs in and get ahead at work again. We have been short staffed so everyone is falling behind.

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
unconditional love is awesome!
B
OP Offline
B
Helping someone move really takes it out of you, lots of lifting & usually lots of stairs.

I'm liking the 3 runs target this week, 1 today, 1 Thursday & 1 on either Saturday or Sunday - anything else is just an added bonus.

Good thinking about trying to get ahead in work, when a few people are off on vacation or sick, you can really notice the extra work.

I've got a couple of DIY goals to try & get done by the 10th Sept & I need to start doing some prep work for my course.

I'll try and check in later smile

Bill

Me 34 W 32
D 9 S 6

B
OP Offline
B
I haven't really posted much lately about my sitch or my feelings towards it, been focusing on me since I managed to finally detach.

I didn't want to post anything because I wanted to see if my feelings would change over the last month or so.

I've posted many times stating what I would need my w to do to show that she was commited to working on our M, but the way I've been feeling lately I don't know if that would make me want to work on the M.

The longer this situation drags on of us basically being co-parenting roommates with our issues brushed under the carpet, more damage is being done to the floor (foundations of our relationship).

The pedestal that I held my w upon has been taken down, smashed and burnt.

I have come to terms with the versions of why our R was in a bad state and take full ownership of my failings.

I was prepared to forgive and to try and move on from my W's PA / EA.

What I can't forgive my W for is this continual lack of respect for me and her M vows, by continuing to maintain contact with the OM by dancing with him. She knows exactly how I feel about the situation and yet continues to disrespect me every Friday night.

To me it is clearer now than it ever has been, she has made her choice.

I have made my choice, to work and work and work on ME.

I'm in no rush to file or move out because of financial reasons and I love being with my kids.

I've got my teacher training, my kids, my family, my friends , my fitness, my GAL activities.

My life is full of good things and good people, I might have lost the love of my wife but I've found ME again smile

Bill

Me 34 W 32
D 9 S 6

C
C
I wrote the same thing Bill a few years ago. You are looking forward to some great personal growth.

Crisis. Make something positive out of it.

Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
B
OP Offline
B
Thanks Chatterbug

Yeah I have got a lot of personal growth to go through and I am looking forward to it.

The other day we got into a bit of an argument over a misunderstanding & I could feel it building & turning into an R talk.

The disagreement was ultimately about my W feeling like she isn't spending enough time with the kids on her own, with an undertone of 2 way criticism of my W not pulling her weight with the day to day running of the house & me not getting as much stuff in the house decorated / fixed as hoped for.

I stopped it dead, because I could see where this conversation was heading.

I just said, 'This situation is not ideal for either of us, but blaming each other isn't the answer, we need to talk more & be logical abouth these things. I've been on plenty of days out with the kids on my own this summer, you've got today & a few days off work next week, take the kids out somewhere & I'll get as much done in the house as I can'.

I asked her if she was ok with that & she said yes, so I left the conversation.

My W took the kids out a couple of times & I had a good clear out in our bedroom & decorated it.

The argument has been forgotten about & we have got on really well since.

The difference for me was that I wasn't hoping for any positive outcome or had any agenda that was measured by my W's reaction. I simply listened, acted & stepped back.

The rope was thrown to me, but I didn't pick it up wink

Bill

Me 34 W 32
D 9 S 6

C
C
missed one run this week. Hope to catch up on Friday for the lost run. so down 3 miles. I have 10 miles on Saturday to run.

boy last friday I went to a concert with my lady and we had 3:30h sleep before we both ran 8 miles. Man was I dragging all day.

went to bed at 21:30 that night. laugh

B
OP Offline
B
I missed a run last week too, did 7 miles today so I'm happy with that, my knees can go and complain to someone else wink

That's pretty good stamina running 8 miles after an early night laugh

Just got back from the movies, went to see Ted with one of my friends from Uni, loved it!! So funny!!

My curiosity is killing me, who did you see in concert last friday?

Me 34 W 32
D 9 S 6

C
C
Manchester Orchestra. A southern USA Rock band.

Everything to Nothing

Definitely not the things that I'm seeing
Did I think I'd see so instantly
I found a note in my grandfather's coat
When I read it out loud I got cold

'Cause he said:

I'm not complaining
I was just saying
I'm a man, I'm a lost one you see?
Come down with me to a place
We'll get clean
And we'll meet with them eventually

You mean everything

I don't know much but a crutch is a crutch
If it's holding you from moving on

I don't know what to do
Not anymore
Not anymore

And you
Well you mean
Everything

You mean everything to nothing
You mean everything to nothing
You mean everything to nobody but me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUWepZoSSqY

not bad for a bunch of 24 year olds.

Mind you they are older now.

This was the song that caught me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoLOlQ3l8hM

P.S. Mods. If links are not allowed please remove them.

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard