Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
S
Originally Posted By: NASCARDaddy
I already told her that I knew it was forged because I was going over the court records. She denies that she forged it, but had nothing to say when I told her that she must have had someone else forge it for her. Then she had the inevitable emotional breakdown and told me that we would have to talk about it later because she can't deal with it right now . . .

And that's the point where you say "No need to -- I have everything now that I need to know. Truth has a way of coming out when a man is deposed, under oath and penalty of perjury. Thanks."

And you hang up.

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
U
U
Please protect yourself. She's lied twice now to the court and the proceedings have barely started. Expect much worse.

M
M
"In fact this is exactly the kind of behavior that she claims I engaged in and broke up our marriage."

Blameshifting. Happens all the time. My W told me she cheated because she thought that it was inevitable that I was going to cheat on her so she did it first. WHAT?!!!!

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
N
OP Offline
N
Yeah, I get that it is blame shifting, I just have a hard time wrapping my head around the whole situation. And I do plan on protecting myself in this matter. I have not heard back from my lawyer. However two years of law school have given me a good enough understanding of the basics to draft a statement to the court, so that is what I am in the process of doing.

M 39, W 34
M 15
S 14, S 12, S 9, D 7, D 6
Separated: 7/2/2012
Served: 7/10/2012
Divorced 11/5/2012
P
P
Honestly I don't know what has happened to her. I just don't understand where this has come from. Certainly this is not the woman I fell in love with or married. The person that I knew, the kind, loving, honest, and spiritual person that I fell in love with, would never do anything like this. In fact this is exactly the kind of behavior that she claims I engaged in and broke up our marriage.

Your business partner over 20 years whom you went to college with sells out the company and steals all your profits with the transaction.

Do you really care what "happened" to him?

There is a reason why there is vs. between your names on the divorce case.

Do not negotiate with someone who is suing you.

Fight for your rights.

You can handle it.

Enjoy the Silence
N
OP Offline
N
Papers are filed with the court. We will see what happens now.

M 39, W 34
M 15
Divorced 11/5/2012
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted By: pookie69
Honestly I don't know what has happened to her. I just don't understand where this has come from. Certainly this is not the woman I fell in love with or married. The person that I knew, the kind, loving, honest, and spiritual person that I fell in love with, would never do anything like this. In fact this is exactly the kind of behavior that she claims I engaged in and broke up our marriage.

Your business partner over 20 years whom you went to college with sells out the company and steals all your profits with the transaction.

No, in that case I would not care what happened to him. However, at the risk of being blunt, a marriage is not the same thing as a business partnership and a spouse is not the same thing as a business partner. And while I while have no interest in getting back together with my wife after all of this I still care for her and want her to be able to find happiness in her life.

M 39, W 34
M 15
Divorced 11/5/2012
P
P
Originally Posted By: pookie69

No, in that case I would not care what happened to him. However, at the risk of being blunt, a marriage is not the same thing as a business partnership and a spouse is not the same thing as a business partner. And while I while have no interest in getting back together with my wife after all of this I still care for her and want her to be able to find happiness in her life.

That is naturally a compassionate feeling towards someone you loved dearly.

There is a place and time for that but not when you are beginning to sort out most important things in your life which the divorce brings along.

Protect your interests. Your future will NOT benefit from today's mistakes and missed opportunities.

Let me just say this: I could have done a few things differently and would perhaps had more cash in my pocket and completely ruined someone else's future. Or I could have spent both of our money and ended with nothing.

I chose to leave with dignity and honour BUT not letting anyone touch what was truthfully mine.

Today I am happily married and live a world away from my ex and we have a cordial and respectful relationship when I decide that it is accepted.

Choices you make today will be paramount for your future's foundation.

You can handle it.

Enjoy the Silence
N
OP Offline
N
First day of class. Hope things go well.

M 39, W 34
M 15
Divorced 11/5/2012
N
OP Offline
N
Well class was not as bad as I had imagined, but it was not great either. I guess law school has spoiled me because I had actually believed that we would actually accomplish something in class rather than just go around the room and introduce ourselves and read the syllabus.

M 39, W 34
M 15
Divorced 11/5/2012
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard