Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: RoRoinMD
jbnati - I had the same thing happen with my A/C. It should work great after the thaw!

Thanks for stopping in RoRo. I always enjoy your thread titles!

I hope you're right. I had to have someone put a hard start on the compressor last month. Since it's thawed, it's been behabing (knock on wood). I am also trying to be a letter gentler on it (setting the thermostat higher, turning it off on cool nights, changing the filter, etc.). I'd like to see it last for the remainder of the summer at least. I do feel like it's a time bomb though.

BITS
Me:46 / W:47 / M:19 / T:21 / S13
Bomb#1: 5/8/2008
MC: 5/2008 - 4/2010
Bomb#2: 2/10/2011
W moves out 5/7/2011

'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' - Matt. 19:26
J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Another very busy weekend. My W had my S all weekend and she requested and I granted an additional day, being today so she could take him on a mini trip.

Emotionally it was kind of mixed bag.

Friday night I was in a pretty good place. My GAL'ing plans had been busted, so I decided to stop by Kings Island on the way home and ride my favorite coaster a few times. crazy

Saturday morning I got up and biked 42 miles on the breakfast ride with the local cycling club. It was once again a very nice social ride. My GAL'ing plans were busted for Saturday evening. I decided to wash, wax, and otherwise detail my car for the rest of the day. I am at least trying to keep it feeling new even with it being 5 years old and with 92,000 miles. Hopefully, it will want to make me want to keep it for awhile longer and I can save the money.

Went to church Sunday and it was a really good service. I went out to lunch afterward with a group of people. Since I was so busy on Saturday, I was relegated to getting the household chores done when I got home. Did laundry, cut the grass, did the grocery shopping, etc. If I'm ever going to be OK and start getting angry, it's going to be when I'm cutting the grass. mad I started having a resurgence of anger yesterday when I was out there. I pretty much had a picture of me being my W's welfare agency in a D settlement when I was out there. mad

Later last night, under the cover of darkness, I went for a 6 mile run. I believe that is the longest distance since about 1990. smile The bad news is my heels are very sore today. I think it may be plantar fascitis. I may have to cut back on the running a bit to allow it to heal frown

When I was was on my way back from my run, I stopped by the mailbox to pick up my mail. I took out what looked to an official looking letter, or at least one from some government agency. It turned out it was a very nice thank you letter from Youth Services from the mission trip I was on a few weeks ago. grin That made my day. smile

BITS
W moves out 5/7/2011

'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' - Matt. 19:26
N
N
jb -

Good to see you back on here, I've been thinking about you and wondering how you were doing.

I know what you mean about mowing - for some reason that is when I had a lot of bad thoughts and anger about my sitch. I wonder why that is? It rarely would happen at the gym or other times I was alone.

Your sitch is so confusing. Your W rarely shows signs of a R but doesn't seem to be in a hurry for the D either. It sounds like she sometimes "talks the talk" but doesn't follow through.

It's selfish of her to keep you hanging like this for so long.

Me: 43
W: 37
Together: 18
M: 15
D: 8 yrs old
ILYBNILWY: March 2011
She Filed for D: August 2011
She moved out: Sept 1, 2011
Reconciled: May 2012
Divorce Case dropped: July 2012
J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Hey NTX! Great to hear from you.

Originally Posted By: NTX_Dad

Your sitch is so confusing. Your W rarely shows signs of a R but doesn't seem to be in a hurry for the D either. It sounds like she sometimes "talks the talk" but doesn't follow through.

That's a good observation NTX. Talking the talk and not following through is consistent with her pattern. I think right now she's off on a tangent of buying a house, and she's consumed with that. Also, she's become accustomed to me doing everything like making the big decisions and paying the bills over the years, so this is kind of unchartered territory for her.

BITS
W moves out 5/7/2011

J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Sorry everyone, I have been a little lax at updating and posting. I think I've been finding it's been cutting into my GAL'ing a bit.

It's been over 4 weeks since I've hired a L. I still have not heard anything as far as a draft settlement, etc. I suppose it could be any minute or any day. It is what it is. I'm trying not to let that be my focus.

As usual, it's been a busy week. I've gotten exercise in, though I've taken a break from running because of foot pain. I may try a 3 miler tonight. Been on the bike a bit. Rode with the local bike shop last Thursday for 32 miles. Did 17 milers last week and Sunday morning.

I had my S last week for his first day of school. Monday night we went out and got haircuts and dropped a large chunk of change on school supplies. Wednesday night we did a push to ride some coaster among light crowds on the eve before the first day of school. Thursday morning, I did the obligatory first day of school picture and posted it on FB. grin I started up the tradition again of meeting him for lunch and smuggling in Chipotle. smile

It was my weekend with my S and we tore it up. We went to Kings Island both Friday and Sunday evening. On Saturday evening, we went to a minor league ballgame. I even made the big screen doing the chicken dance. laugh

My W's focus is elsewhere. She texted last week asking for the tax returns for the previous year, because she needed them for her loan officer. For whatever reason, these kind of requests just get to me a bit. I haven't been in a hurry to get them to her. She's definitely entitled to them, regardless. I had intended to copy them yesterday when I was in the office, but I brought the wrong stuff with me. eek I don't what she's doing right now, trying to buy a house. smirk She's definitely gone off on a tangent and she obsessed with it. The way I see it, she's chasing a happiness at the end of a rainbow.

Where am I at? I think I'm just about done. Like I've said before, it's time to dial up the fork. I'm not completely done, though, but I feel close. I've been getting this desire to have someone in my life to hang out with, not a serious relationship. However, IMO it's not time for that yet.

That's enough rambling for now. crazy

BITS
W moves out 5/7/2011

N
N
Hey jb - good to hear from you. I check in your thread daily to see if you stopped in. I am rootin' for you.

It sounds to me like you are where I was back in May. I felt like I gave up and in return, my detachment was probably noticeable to my W. It wasn't my goal or intention, but it was what it was. I even went on a couple of dates, and to be honest, it felt great.

Even though we did end up back together, the experience taught me that I was going to be fine no matter what happened.

You are doing great, hang in there my friend.

Me: 43
W: 37
Together: 18
M: 15
D: 8 yrs old
ILYBNILWY: March 2011
She Filed for D: August 2011
She moved out: Sept 1, 2011
Reconciled: May 2012
Divorce Case dropped: July 2012
L
L
Glad you and your S are having a great time JB. The chicken dance, huh? That's awesome. When you gonna post the video? lol

As far as being done...I completely respect and understand it. For me, when I felt I was done, it helped me completely detach.

You are in a good place my friend.

Me:45 ExW:48
M:04/97
3 Bombs & 2 ReCons
1st BD 11/10
D Finalized 4/20
D-16 S-14
Going in one more round when you don't think you can. That's what makes all the difference in life.~Rocky Balboa
S
S
LITB,

When you have time, could you check in on my board once in awhile? Denver & Starsky post there often and I try not to post too much in order to keep it simple!

jb,

Sorry for the hijack! Been reading through your old threads & following new one as well.

"Freshman Class of 2012"!

~Isaiah 40:31~
L
L
Originally Posted By: suppo
LITB,

When you have time, could you check in on my board once in awhile? Denver & Starsky post there often and I try not to post too much in order to keep it simple!

Suppo,

You are in great hands with Denver & Starsky. I will try to catch up on your sitch and chime in.

Me:45 ExW:48
M:04/97
3 Bombs & 2 ReCons
1st BD 11/10
D Finalized 4/20
D-16 S-14
Going in one more round when you don't think you can. That's what makes all the difference in life.~Rocky Balboa
J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J

Hey jb - good to hear from you. I check in your thread daily to see if you stopped in. I am rootin' for you.

Wow, thanks NTX! It's good to know that you're checking in on me.

I even went on a couple of dates, and to be honest, it felt great.

Going on dates is very, very tempting right now. Right now at least I have some interactions with single women, especially through my Tuesday night group at my church. While it doesn't fill the tank, it keeps it from becoming totally empty. And for now - nobody gets hurt.

BITS
W moves out 5/7/2011

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard