Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 27 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 26 27
K
K
Happy birthday to you!!!!!!Hope you're having a blast!

Me 53
D18, S24
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks Karen! So the heat has still been getting me. Took even more hair off on Saturday. Not sure if I am liking it. Has to grow on me I guess(pardon the pun!)

Busy morning trying to catch up on all the work that was left by my fill in. I suppose she really was just here answering the phone because the stuff I had for her to do...didn't get done. Now I am more behind. frown Well I shouldn't complain, I got my birthday off and that was what I wanted.

Back to work.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
What a crazy day! Enrolled the three younger ones. Ex was going to enroll the girls but had to be half way across the state by noon. Didn't think he could get it done, as I did early this morning. I had to take S16 right after and the lines were crazy! We caught a break or two but still about 1.5 hours with all the waiting.

I am so frustrated with the school enrollment process. I worked an extra hour to make up for enrollment and still was a bit late. When will they get it together and let us enroll entirely on line?

I am beat. Can't wait for my full 9 days off ( yes, including weekends)!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
So I went to have a consult with my new doc. My old one retired. I did let him know that I had a lot of stress and what has happened since I last went to the doctor. I haven't gone for quite some time. Anyway with first meeting me he thinks I might need anti depressants and counseling.

I was really shocked. Knowing how far I have come and how I feel day to day, I think he has it wrong. I guess he thinks I should be falling apart or something. I think I do need to learn how to meditate to help relieve some of the stress but I know my counselor said I was good. Why am I letting this bother me?

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
K
K
Hi! Why did the doctor say that? Did he have a reason? I do think that sometimes depression and stress can creep up on you slowly, just my experience with it. It happened so slowly with me I was smack dab in the middle of it before I realized it. I think he could be right, but if you met him for 5 minutes or whatever, he could be wrong too. What do you think??? I've thought about going to counseling too myself sometimes lately; I still have residual anger towards the OW sometimes...

Me 53
D18, S24
K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I think he is wrong. How can he know that after yeah, a whole 5 minutes! Just because I will need to make some changes soon in my life, I don't think that makes me depressed. I guess it bothers him that I am pretty private. I mentioned this site casually and he said he didn't see how a site like this could do any good for me. I think he just had experience with something like this so he doesn't get it.

I am a tad bummed that my 16 year old didn't take time off for us to do much of anything while I am off. Now though his Dad invited him to come along this weekend to St Louis and he arranged that. Maybe I will just spend the time off for me and not worry about what I was planning except for my baby's birthday on Thursday. It does bother me that ex knew I took the time off but kept trying to meet up with the kids to do stuff.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
W
W
Don't worry, Kat. My guess is that we all need AD's lol! Don't you love it, now you don't even have to ask for AD's, they just offer them to you like lines of credit at the bank. Say thanks but no thanks. If and when you think you need them, ask otherwise just keep doing what you're doing. Who the heck isn't under stress!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
W
Btw, there are people in this world called drug salesman and they visit doctors...just sayin'

K
kat727 Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I am just thinking with all the hours I spent talking to my therapist, she certainly had a better idea of how I was coping. She certainly saw the value if this site and how much it helped to talk to people in similar positions.

Well he did say to tell him if I thought I needed anything. He also said he could be wrong but that he hadn't been often. Whatever!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
W
W
Stick to what you think, you're you and he/she isn't (deep thought,eh lol)!

Page 7 of 27 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 26 27

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard