Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
S
Originally Posted By: Autumn Leaves

I removed all our non-mutual friends. And I will not use Reggie's login again.

However if I want to ask my son to help around my house, I will.

They are men, it shouldn't look as bad as it does or need a landscaper but if you want to spend your money that way it's your call.

I just want the house to look as it did while I lived there until it's out of my name, at that point I won't have any input. Hopefully that happens very soon.
and it makes me -- and my decision to have an affair and leave my family -- look bad, and I don't want people driving by the house and thinking poorly of me, like "why isn't their father out there helping them with those things???"

Have a nice d
ay.

There. Fixed it for you. smirk

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
A
OP Offline
A
laugh Too funny!! Yes that is exactly it, and I do know it. I just allowed him to hit a few buttons. I took a nice long walk and I feel so much better now. My peace has returned and not letting him bug me one bit

Although that was the funniest thing I have read all day, so very true!!

-Autumn

M
M
Ok. I didn't get the memo of the new thread!

I feel so out of the loop!

Wow. Autumn... You must be one hot piece, for the dog to stalk you, too!!!!

He's obviously dying to know how you're ding, what you're doing, and with whom.

Poor doggy, though. His mom can't even comment on his pics anymore!!!

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
G
G
Quote:
Wow. Autumn... You must be one hot piece, for the dog to stalk you, too!!!!

Or have really nice legs.

Bomb 8/09. Brief piecing 12/10. D-2/12
Two incredible kids D9,S6 Leading new life!
“Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person we become."
A
OP Offline
A
Oh so sorry about the missed memo mindfull smile But looks like you figured it all out, and are fully updated now.

I think I will be ok with the dog blocked, he lives with me so we don't need to be FB friends smile

Last night after the one comment about the dog on the alt, my phone started ringing. People figuring it out. One friend was so upset she was crying. I found myself reassuring them. But not covering for the bad behavior.

Haha mindfull and gr8, who knows why dogs do what they do. I am sure not wasting time figuring it out smile

-Autumn

V
V
Oh my goodness, isn't that classic - using the dog's profile! He must have thought he was so clever! I hope your dog didn't take the profile abuse too hard wink

Hope your vacation packing is going well!

A
OP Offline
A
Hahaha Vera, the poor puppy is paying the price for someone else's bad behavior smile

Just started lining up some things I won't need during the week, feels good to at least get started and continue the countdown! Thanks so much!!

-Autumn

A
OP Offline
A
Had a wonderful time with my family yesterday and took the boys to the outlets on the way to the beach. It was a nice halfway point and they both needed new shoes.

Although it has been happening for quite some time, this part of my family had no idea of the changes in my life. I have been pretty quiet outside of my immediate family, just because I didn't want the opinions.

I am glad I handled it that way, because they are amazed at the person they see, and how well things are going for the boys and I.

Came home and was pretty tired. The boys went out for the night and I just relaxed on the couch with a few movies. Felt good to have the downtime.

Today is all about cleaning, and getting ready for the week. I started my morning with a chat with my grandmother. At my age, I am very blessed to still have both grandmothers, although only one really knows who I am at this point.

Now just waiting for the boys to get home from the gym. I have to take S15 back to the outlets. They forgot to take the security tag off of his sneakers. But I get that time alone with him in the car, so I am not complaining one bit.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

-Autumn

A
OP Offline
A
Some people just don't seem to listen, they hear you but don't truly listen.

Another brief update. The landscapers came back today to do the heavy duty cleanup that was long overdue, way back to when STBX still lived here. Although he keeps accusing me of letting it go, he never did much when he was here either. It is just another tactic.

So to cover my butt, I sent him pictures of the yard after it was finished to show that his investment is maintained (he requested and I saw no harm)

I jokingly mentioned getting excited to downsize eventually to not have to deal with this maintenance.

He responded:
I am sure it will and I understand about downsizing for you. I appreciate the pictures very much.

To be honest, because it feels safe communicating these days, I really just wanted to help so it’s not overwhelming to you. I know it doesn’t always come off this way but I am trying to help this transition anyway possible. I didn’t mean any harm offering or asking the boys, but I get your point too.

I hope you can believe that.

My response came much easier and seems to feel so much more natural these days, which is so nice

No thanks, I can handle it. I just don't choose to handle it for the long term. I have other ideas and priorities for my life and this is all temporary for me. It is not what I want. I appreciate the offer but I really don't need any help.
We are transitioning ok, you need to continue to focus on your transition. I am actually doing quite well, and here for the boys if they struggle in transition. We can each do that for them if we are with them.

I can bide my time until I can downsize, there are plenty of other areas to focus on in the meantime, its not a huge deal

-Autumn

A
OP Offline
A
I realize that I can't take anything he says at face value but I feel like we are moving in a positive direction...

He quickly responded with:

I’m sorry, that’s not what I meant. I was referring to what happened last week. I had good intention, but to your point it’s time to move on.

You definitely seem to have the house under control and I am letting go.

If you ever need help with anything, even if it’s just explaining how something works in the house etc. please just ask. I will always be willing to help you.

Otherwise I won’t push again, and really did not mean any harm. That’s what I tried to explain in the last email

I will consider that a small victory! It can change, granted, but I will take it for today. And I have written proof that he feels I am maintaining the marital home appropriately. cool

-Autumn

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard